Minneapolis to allow Muslim prayer call broadcasts at all hours

You just made no point. Local leaders making decisions that impact their constituents. At no point did I claim the majority of the city were any religion or religious. Again, if the populace are against it then these folks will be voted out.
Fun idea in theory, but Chicago disproves it. They actively vote for their own destruction. It’s why democracy is a ridiculous system.

Reactions: NEO and tbwhhs
No, you were supposed to freak out about the scary Muslims!
Lack of homogeneity destroys nations. We had an identity, now we are doing everything we can to make sure we don’t. It could be Hinduism for all I give a ****, it’s bad regardless.

Reactions: AM64
Lack of homogeneity destroys nations. We had an identity, now we are doing everything we can to make sure we don’t. It could be Hinduism for all I give a ****, it’s bad regardless.
There’s nothing unAmerican about it. It fits well with our value of freedom of religion. Or should we have state religion like in the good old days before 1776?

Good. Local elected officials making policy for their constituents. How the system is designed. If the locals don't like it they will be voted out.
And anyone that runs on a platform promising to stop the noise will be derided as a Racist, Bigoted, Islamaphobe. And CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC will amplify those calls.

I guess it just is what it is.

If the Locals don’t like it, they better nominate someone who’s ready to get dragged.

And anyone that runs on a platform promising to stop the noise will be derided as a Racist, Bigoted, Islamaphobe. And CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC will amplify those calls.

I guess it just is what it is.

If the Locals don’t like it, they better nominate someone who’s ready to get dragged.
Per the article there were no neighborhood objections.
I suppose there will be decibel limits. Hope so anyway.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Good for Minneapolis. The local population is governing itself.

From the article:

Minneapolis has had a flourishing population of East African immigrants since at least the 1990s, and mosques now are common. Three of 13 members of the council identify as Muslim.
The decision drew no organized community opposition. Mayor Jacob Frey is expected to sign the measure next week.

“Minneapolis has become a city for all religions,” said Imam Mohammed Dukuly of Masjid An-Nur mosque in Minneapolis, who was among several Muslim leaders who witnessed the vote.

At a recent public hearing, Christian and Jewish leaders expressed support for extending the hours for the adhan.

Council Member Lisa Goodman, who on Thursday was observing the final day of Passover, said the Jewish call to prayer – which is generally spoken rather than broadcast – doesn’t face legal restrictions. Observers said church bells regularly toll for Christians.

There’s nothing unAmerican about it. It fits well with our value of freedom of religion. Or should we have state religion like in the good old days before 1776?
Freedom of Religion is a magnificent right enshrined in our Bill of Rights.

Thank God it is there.

PSA - Freedom of Religion != Freedom from Religion

Reactions: AM64 and EasternVol

VN Store

Back