Minneapolis wants to disband police

There were other ways to go about improving policing without going full Leeroy Jenkins. But that would've forced a lot of communities to take a long look at themselves, and that's the very last thing they are willing to do.

Once nicknamed ‘Murderapolis,’ the city that became the center of the ‘Defund the Police’ movement is grappling with heightened violent crime

Marnette Gordon was doing laundry at home in Minneapolis one summer morning last year when a call came from her 36-year-old son.

She figured her son, Telly Blair, was checking in to see if she wanted a soda from a gas station down the street, where he often went for fuel and snacks.

“Mom, I’ve been shot,” he said. “Call the police!”

Once nicknamed 'Murderapolis,' the city that became the center of the 'Defund the Police' movement is grappling with heightened violent crime | CNN

Once nicknamed ‘Murderapolis,’ the city that became the center of the ‘Defund the Police’ movement is grappling with heightened violent crime

Marnette Gordon was doing laundry at home in Minneapolis one summer morning last year when a call came from her 36-year-old son.

She figured her son, Telly Blair, was checking in to see if she wanted a soda from a gas station down the street, where he often went for fuel and snacks.

“Mom, I’ve been shot,” he said. “Call the police!”

Once nicknamed 'Murderapolis,' the city that became the center of the 'Defund the Police' movement is grappling with heightened violent crime | CNN
The main thing to come out of this story is that Telly is a guy’s name. I wouldn’t have guessed that. Will wonders never cease!?

That wouldn't make it BS, that would makie it "true for now". I'm not even sure what you are saying....that police reform is going to go the other way? Why?
Yes. I am of the opinion that we will see a very sharp, very painful course correction.

Bail
Sentencing
Police presence

All of it is fixing to swing back the other way. Hard.

Yes. I am of the opinion that we will see a very sharp, very painful course correction.

Bail
Sentencing
Police presence

All of it is fixing to swing back the other way. Hard.

OK, it's "BS" to Nostradamus, here, but for all of us going off current facts, it is not.

OK, it's "BS" to Nostradamus, here, but for all of us going off current facts, it is not.
Ah. Only because it hasn’t happened yet?

What do you think this wave of Local, State, & Federal politicians about to be swept in is going to do?

Champion no cash bail? Early release for felons? Reduced sentencing guidelines?
Sure….

It doesn’t take a Nostradamus to read the writing in the wall.

Reactions: jp1

VN Store

Back