MMA Thread

So is Silva's next fight going to be against GSP or Belfort?

I think we're going to see Silva/Sonnen 2......

I really wanted Sonnen to win. The UFC has found the only person in MMA that can beat Anderson Silva....Not even GSP can I don't think.

GSP can, he uses the same style as Sonnen without leaving himself open for so many submissions.

GSP can beat him...I hate GSP, so I would love to see Silva end his career...Sonnen had his chance, I think if he and Silva fought again, Silva wouldn't take him so lightly and would destroy him.

and also we were originally going to see a gsp/silva fight before dana got pissed at silva

I think if he (Sonnen) and Silva fought again, Silva wouldn't take him so lightly and would destroy him.

Looked to me like Sonnen was punishing Silva the whole fight. I love Silva but just because he was being out scored the whole fight doesn't mean he was taking him lightly.

I don't think Silva was taking him lightly...Someone who talked that much trash before the fight would only get me more pumped to fight....Sonnen destroyed him for 4 1/2 rounds and got caught....I really can't see Dana White not having Silva/Sonnen 2

I don't think Silva was taking him lightly...Someone who talked that much trash before the fight would only get me more pumped to fight....Sonnen destroyed him for 4 1/2 rounds and got caught....I really can't see Dana White not having Silva/Sonnen 2

Bet if they fight again that Silva destroys him.

There is no way Sonnen will get a title fight off a loss unless it was either unnecessary stoppage or poor scoring by the judges.

Can't wait to see Silva beat sir clown shoes to a pulp on Saturday...this dude is running his mouth a little too much.

Silva is going to destroy Sonnen...he will dominate this guy for 10 minutes or just abuse him for the full 25...either way, Silva will make easy work of that moron.

Bet if they fight again that Silva destroys him.

I'd prolly refrain from making predictions for the time being.

It's bad enough that you were dead wrong but then you tried to say Silva didn't take him seriously. Please.

Get a clue.

It's bad enough that you were dead wrong but then you tried to say Silva didn't take him seriously. Please.

Get a clue.

It's very possible that Silva took him lightly.

In that logic, it's very possible that Sonnen took Silva lightly. :crazy:

It was obvious that Sonnen definitely didn't take Silva lightly, he just couldn't finish him. The reason I said Silva could have taken him lightly is because he looked totally unprepared for him. He did however show that he could take a punch and his ability to remain calm under pressure.

to get away from the Silva/Sonnen fight....Whats everyone thinking about Edgar/Penn 2 and Couture/Toney on the 28th?

to get away from the Silva/Sonnen fight....Whats everyone thinking about Edgar/Penn 2 and Couture/Toney on the 28th?

Penn all the way! Edgar is so boring to watch. He is the worst at finishing guys. James Toney will learn real fast that he wants to stay in boxing. Couture will control and frustrate him the whole fight.

I got Penn by submission.

I see Couture basically doing the same thing he did to Vera and grinding out a decision if he doesn't submit Toney somehow.

GSP-Silva would probably never happen. Silva is has to cut 15 lbs to make weight. GSP doesn't really have to cut much at all to make his weight.
GSP is actually pretty small for his weight class.

Get a clue.

I suppose you were one of the 3 people in the world who thought he had a chance, get off of your high horse...9/10 Silva beats him like he did Griffin and you know it as well as I do.

There has been a consistently swirling quiet storm brewing around an eventual match up between UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre and UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, the two men that most fans and pundits consider to be the best mixed martial artists currently competing. After an initial buzz that was killed at UFC 112...
Georges St. Pierre: 'I Learn Every Time That Anderson Silva Fights' - FightLine.com

I suppose you were one of the 3 people in the world who thought he had a chance, get off of your high horse...9/10 Silva beats him like he did Griffin and you know it as well as I do.

I absolutely thought Silva would win but I knew it was going to be a war and not a one sided fight.

What in the world did you see in the fight that leads you to believe Silva will soundly beat him if they fight again? Sonnen is going to do the same thing. He has proven many times over that if he wants to take you down he will.

I absolutely thought Silva would win but I knew it was going to be a war and not a one sided fight.

What in the world did you see in the fight that leads you to believe Silva will soundly beat him if they fight again? Sonnen is going to do the same thing. He has proven many times over that if he wants to take you down he will.

Just as Silva submitted him at the last second he could catch him with strikes in the same manor. Just takes one mistake.

Silva is an amazing fighter, I'm also a little biased as he is my favorite fighter.

I just see him as a vastly superior fighter and for whatever reason had an off night/took him lightly/was unprepared, whatever, as far as talent goes, the two aren't even comparable.

I give Sonnen credit, he had a gameplan and executed it to perfection, it's almost like Silva didn't have a plan at all, he just winged it thinking that his ability alone was enough to beat Sonnen.

VN Store

Back