MMA Thread

as was I, I watched with a friend, and he swears it had to be fixed..Carwin dominated the first round, then gets submitted, and at first it didn't look like Lesnar really had enough leverage coming around carwin's sholder to choke him out

Carwin's face was blue.

as was I, I watched with a friend, and he swears it had to be fixed..Carwin dominated the first round, then gets submitted, and at first it didn't look like Lesnar really had enough leverage coming around carwin's sholder to choke him out
If you watch the fight again. It wasn't working at first, and you see Brock look to his coach as if to say "it's not working". His coach responds with a hand gesture to get 90 degrees with Carwin. After that he tapped.

I've never seen a title holder as scared as Lesnar was in the first round. It was kinda sad. I'll give Lesnar all the credit in the world, he is a great athlete, and absorbs knowledge like a sponge, but he's still a big wus when he gets hit. I'll never be a fan. I like guys like Leben, who may not be the greatest fighter, but he sure isn't going to run and cower down when he gets hit hard a couple of times.

would not want to fight leben or forrest griffin ... tuff as nails and crazy, both of 'em!!!!!

I've never seen a title holder as scared as Lesnar was in the first round. It was kinda sad. I'll give Lesnar all the credit in the world, he is a great athlete, and absorbs knowledge like a sponge, but he's still a big wus when he gets hit. I'll never be a fan. I like guys like Leben, who may not be the greatest fighter, but he sure isn't going to run and cower down when he gets hit hard a couple of times.

There's a difference between being "scared" and simply being dazed and trying to escape to regain your compsosure.

I don't think fear really exists at that level of fighting. Lesnar wasn't scared of him...just tried to get away from him for a second to get his bearings.

There's a difference between being "scared" and simply being dazed and trying to escape to regain your compsosure.

I don't think fear really exists at that level of fighting. Lesnar wasn't scared of him...just tried to get away from him for a second to get his bearings.
He was scared. Have you ever seen a champ RUN from an opponent? Lesnar went to the ground under his own will while running. He wasn't dazed. He never once wobbled. He got hit hard then started trying to take him down, when that failed he ran (literally) and when Carwin caught back up to him Brock just flopped to the ground covering his head. Which was smart I suppose (but he didn't know it). He's scared of getting hit. He's just so big and powerful it's hard to take advantage of that.

Last edited:
He was scared. Have you ever seen a champ RUN from an opponent? Lesnar went to the ground under his own will while running. He wasn't dazed. He never once wobbled. He got hit hard then started trying to take him down, when that failed he ran (literally) and when Carwin caught back up to him Brock just flopped to the ground covering his head. Which was smart I suppose (but he didn't know it). He's scared of getting hit. He's just so big and powerful it's hard to take advantage of that.

You're right. He's afraid to get hit. So afraid, in fact, that out of all the jobs in the world, he chose to be a professional fighter.

Lesnar has probably never been hit that hard in his life.

He also ate more of Carwin's punches than any other fighter has.

You're crazy. The punch Carwin landed on Lesnar would have and has ended many other fighters. To say he was scared is ignorant. He was very dazed and was trying to back up and to avoid being hit more and taken down so he could recompose himself. You obviously haven't watched many fights or just aren't paying attention, most fighters will try and tie up with guys after they get stunned or simply try and survive by staying away. Pay more attention.

And the fight should not have been stopped, I was afraid it was going to but Lesnar never folded up in the fetal position and stayed there taking punches. He kept moving and trying to block. Good non-stoppage by Rosenthal...

That's because he didn't. Hence, he kept moving until he did, Carwin's face started turning blue.

as was I, I watched with a friend, and he swears it had to be fixed

Your friend is a clown. I am sure Lesnar agreed to take repeated punches from a guy like Carwin before the fight and then Carwin agreed to be submitted in Round 2. Makes perfect since. :crazy:

None of those shots were doing any damage when Brock was turtled up. He was in trouble, but Carwin couldn't finish.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Lesnar pushed him off a couple times with his legs and Carwin got right back on top.

I've went back and forth on it because Carwin didn't really land any punches once Lesnar covered up. It was all shots to his arms and gloves.

But I've seen fights called for less.

It was a good no-call. Lesnar was conscious and intelligently defending himself. Carwin was in a dominant position, but that's not enough to end it. You've got to let the guys fight...especially with a title on the line.

I would have to watch it again, I guess I am just so accustomed to awful officiating that I expected it to be called.

Can't wait to see Silva beat sir clown shoes to a pulp on Saturday...this dude is running his mouth a little too much.

I must be the only guy in the world who wants Sonnen to win. I think the guy's hilarious. And also, I'm tired of Silva's act.

I got Dos Santos over "Big Country" Nelson. I've been on the Cigano bandwagon since he knocked out Werdum and I would love to see him get a shot at Lesnar.

I'm a huge Thiago Alves fan but I don't think he wins tonight against John Finch. Alves was drained from cutting weight in their first fight, and now Alves couldn't even make weight. Finch by Decision, but I hope Alves pulls it out.

Hughes over Ricardo "Big Dog" Almedia as well.

Saw the interview Sonnen did on sportscenter the other day. I like Silva and I'm ready for him to destroy this guy.

Silva is going to destroy Sonnen...he will dominate this guy for 10 minutes or just abuse him for the full 25...either way, Silva will make easy work of that moron.

Big Country shocks everyone with a 3rd round TKO.
Hughes in boring fashion.
Fitch by decision.
Sonnen by pressing and tiring Silva with GNP. This is the best wrestler Silva has ever faced and he won't be able to showboat this time.

Well, damn. Sonnen did everything he said he would do for 4.5 rounds and still tapped.

I think GSP would dominate Silva if that fight ever happens

Well, damn. Sonnen did everything he said he would do for 4.5 rounds and still tapped.

I think GSP would dominate Silva if that fight ever happens

Depends on whether or not Silva comes in motivated and focused.

Silva could have destroyed Sonnen last night, it was almost as if he didn't take him serious, which is a huge mistake.

Sonnen had a gameplan and executed it very well, lay and pray, throw some wild but non-damaging punches so the ref won't make you stand. Almost worked.

Silva was working for a submission since the 2nd round, all Sonnen had to do is lay there, instead he tried to pound him.

I hate GSP more than anyone else in MMA, so I'm going to say Silva kills him, even though it would be a great fight.

VN Store

Back