MMA Thread

lesnar survived 1st rd .. barely ... carwin caught him with a knee and then through a ton of punches .. :popcorn:

rd 2 starting

Not even mad about this fight. I called a first round KO for Carwin. And as a Lesnar hater, I found round 1 to be great, but after watching him hang in there and win by submission the man deserves nothing but respect. Pretty cool seeing other wrestlers there to show support.

And :eek:lol: @ Chris Leben...the Akiyama fight was awesome.

Tonight just reinforces the fact that if you're a wrestler who uses his wrestling skills to win on points rather than to FINISH the fight, then I hate you. A lot.

I hope Anderson stops the clown show and violently finishes Chael Sonnen.

Last edited:
Didn't get to watch it, but sounded like a good fight. Carwin dropped him in the first and Lesnar survives and submits him in the 2nd round.

What was wrong with the fight?

Dont understand how Matt Brown gets 3nd billing on the undercard for what's it worth. But he lost as expected.

Didn't get to watch it, but sounded like a good fight. Carwin dropped him in the first and Lesnar survives and submits him in the 2nd round.

What was wrong with the fight?

Dont understand how Matt Brown gets 3nd billing on the undercard for what's it worth. But he lost as expected.

Carwin drilled him in the first, but ran out of gas with about 2 minutes left. It was pretty obvious how it would turn out after that. It was like watching a fat kid in a foot race with an asthma kid

Carwin drilled him in the first, but ran out of gas with about 2 minutes left. It was pretty obvious how it would turn out after that. It was like watching a fat kid in a foot race with an asthma kid

Hopefully there is a rematch and Carwin works on his stamina. Not a big Lesnar fan.

Working on stamina wouldn't change anything. Carwin has himself to blame. He punched himself tired trying to land shots when Lesnar was on the ground. If you're going to go all out, better make it count.

Working on stamina wouldn't change anything. Carwin has himself to blame. He punched himself tired trying to land shots when Lesnar was on the ground. If you're going to go all out, better make it count.

Stamina will give him more than 2 good minutes. That is exactly what he had last night.

I wouldn't call that a bull rush, rather a solid double leg. The times he tried the rush in round 1 were stuffed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well, one was stuffed, the other almost lost him the fight.

The more I think about it, the more I think the fight should have been called when he turtled up. Is that really "intelligently defending" yourself?

The more I think about it, the more I think the fight should have been called when he turtled up. Is that really "intelligently defending" yourself?

None of those shots were doing any damage when Brock was turtled up. He was in trouble, but Carwin couldn't finish.

Lesnar pushed him off a couple times with his legs and Carwin got right back on top.

I've went back and forth on it because Carwin didn't really land any punches once Lesnar covered up. It was all shots to his arms and gloves.

But I've seen fights called for less.

Lesnar pushed him off a couple times with his legs and Carwin got right back on top.

I've went back and forth on it because Carwin didn't really land any punches once Lesnar covered up. It was all shots to his arms and gloves.

But I've seen fights called for less.

I was very surprised the fight wasn't called. There was a moment when Carwin was drilling him and lesnar had his hands down. I was impressed with how lesnar came back in his fight, but any the night or fighter, this fight would have been over right then.

as was I, I watched with a friend, and he swears it had to be fixed..Carwin dominated the first round, then gets submitted, and at first it didn't look like Lesnar really had enough leverage coming around carwin's sholder to choke him out

It was a good no-call. Lesnar was conscious and intelligently defending himself. Carwin was in a dominant position, but that's not enough to end it. You've got to let the guys fight...especially with a title on the line.

VN Store

Back