Monday Regional Finals discussion thread

You just don’t get it. Oh well, moving on to baseball.
You are correct, I don't get it. There are certainly arguments to be made either way. The coach made a questionable decision by going with the freshman, but to say she was "bowing down" is just overreaching.

I think there was a little more that went into it than that. While Pickens struggled down the stretch, she throws heat, which OU struggles with. If she could have gone 3/4 innings, then Rogers would have come in.

It’s a tough call, but IMO, our offense still wasn’t good enough, regardless of who we pitched. Our only hit was the first batter of the game. If we throw Rogers and lose, do we beat Okie State? We scored 3 runs on 3 hits that game.

OU and FSU are the two best teams. We were right behind them.
Bingo. We just didn't have the offensive firepower. Pitching was not the biggest problem.

You are correct, I don't get it. There are certainly arguments to be made either way. The coach made a questionable decision by going with the freshman, but to say she was "bowing down" is just overreaching.

It is what it is. It was a good year.

Reactions: StickMan
I’m not 100% informed here, but doesn’t Ashley Rogers have an injury that doesn’t allow her to pitch every day? I don’t think she was available for the Oklahoma game.

Well, the winners got a day off, so we didn’t play Friday. But, there has been a discussion that Rogers has been limited to help or avoid an injury. It was going to be tough either way, and I’m not sure we beat Okie State if she doesn’t pitch. But I get both sides.

Brett Favre will be working the phones on behalf of Southern Miss as well. Oh, wait: that's already gotten him in a lot of trouble....

How is this Stanford pitcher #26 getting away with this rocking move three times on the mound before he throws home?
Not just rocking but picking up his right heel when he rocks. Now I know I played back in the day stole my share of bases but I was taught if the heel came up that started the motion.

Reactions: cwbytruckers
Not just rocking but picking up his right heel when he rocks. Now I know I played back in the day stole my share of bases but I was taught if the heel came up that started the motion.
Yeah i don’t understand that not being a balk or something.

Wow even Arkansas fans supporting us lol

Pretty clear the decision has been made. Everything points to Hattisburg. Players father on the committee, retiring coach, hints dropping in various places. Hey, we went to Clemson and got it done. This might be a blessing in disguise. All the pressure will be on S. Miss with everything laid out in their favor.

Reactions: TechnoVol
sorry about delay. battling crud and hadnt been online all evening
you follow a poster who identifies self as big star fan

musta been blind when i posted, glad you could translate
seeing doctor about crud this morning since our trip to beach with son, DIL and grandkids is less than two weeks away
@vol66
Take care, GBO!

Reactions: tntar heel

VN Store

Back