Monday Regional Finals discussion thread

That would be a cool idea until someone over served toppled off said platform. 😀🍊👍😃👊🍊Fun fact. The area near the bus in Clemson is the only area on campus where alcohol can be served. Technically it’s a private club where they can have alcohol.

oh now we know why @preacherman20 was staying there

Ok.....

So, we've got

Wake Forest vs. Alabama
Florida vs. South Carolina
TCU vs. Indiana State
Tennessee vs. Southern Mississippi
LSU vs. Kentucky/Indiana
Oregon vs. Oral Roberts
Virginia vs. Duke/Coastal Carolina
Texas vs. Texas A&M/Stanford

Reactions: greasemachine
yeck i just went to the recruiting forum and some 'cruit did not pick the Vols..... gotta go take a shower

Reactions: VolNExile
Hattiesburg is smaller than Terre Haute by 10,000 people population size, yet I’m supposed to believe Hattiesburg will be a better choice than Terre Haute??? I hate this for ISU.

I hear the candybois and arkyswine will have idle stadiums that can be used

Ok.....

So, we've got

Wake Forest vs. Alabama
Florida vs. South Carolina
TCU vs. Indiana State
Tennessee vs. Southern Mississippi
LSU vs. Kentucky/Indiana
Oregon vs. Oral Roberts
Virginia vs. Duke/Coastal Carolina
Texas vs. Texas A&M/Stanford

The fact that Oral Roberts or Oregon will be in Omaha is pretty cool. Could be a weird 8 in Omaha this year depending on how Supers go.

This statement is a pure PR speak to not upset the NCAA. How you rip this away from a national seed for a Big 12 school is unacceptable.
I don't like it.

But I must say, weren't you one of the people who bought the completely fake story in football about how AL deserved to ranked above us at the end of the season. Because there the committee itself had announced its criteria in advance and we were above AL by every measure: wins, SOS, head to head wins, etc.

Saban invented some rigged "measures" that were completely ad hoc and specifically NOT included in the committee's announced criteria. These were "lost a close game" (almost shoulda woulda won, but didn't) and "bad losses." Niether of these were criteria. But the sportscasters kept repeating them as if they were, and the committee went along. So I notice you're much more a stickler now.

Whatever the committee does here will be less dishonest than football because they are pretty nearly just doing what they want in broad daylight. Instead of retroactively changing their announced criteria to change outcomes.

But I am glad we got the Orange Bowl instead of the Sugar. And I like our Super, wherever it is.

Last edited:
I don't like it.

But I must say, weren't you one of the people who bought the completely fake story in football about how AL deserved to ranked above us at the end of the season. Because there the committee itself had announced it's criteria in advance and we were above them by every measure: wins, SOS, head to head wins, etc.

Saban invented some rigged up "measures" that were completely ad hoc and specifically NOT included in the committee's announced criteria. These were "lost a close game" (almost shoulda woulda won, but didn't) and "bad losses." Niether of these were criteria. But the sportscasters kept repeating them as if they were, and the committee went along. So I notice you're much more a stickler now.

I don’t remember ever advocating for that. If I did, I’d be surprised. I don’t post in the football forum, so if that’s where you read that it’s probably someone else.

But I’m also confused why you’re bringing that up and how that has anything to do with Indiana State not hosting.

Reactions: Orange.
I don’t remember ever advocating for that. If I did, I’d be surprised. I don’t post in the football forum, so if that’s where you read that it’s probably someone else.

But I’m also confused why you’re bringing that up and how that has anything to do with Indiana State not hosting.
My mistake. I think I remember who it was. I brought it up because he ran into the forum and stridently took the side of the committee. And I was kind of amazed that you would do that. Especially with how particular you are about baseball seeding. I was taking seeding as seeding. I am very happy to be wrong here! My apologies.

SEC is 25-9 with one game to go. So much for home field via hosting: #3, #4. #6, #9, #10, #11 and #13 are done, and A&M could take out #8. It's been a very good weekend for watching baseball with 1 to go. Hope we host to see it live.

Reactions: StarRaider
Just shared on ESPN that ISU can't host because the city is hosting a paraplympics competition. I think I would have had another plan. I mean IU facilities are available now.

Reactions: mackievol
Just shared on ESPN that ISU can't host because the city is hosting a paraplympics competition. I think I would have had another plan. I mean IU facilities are available now.
That's really sad they want win at TCU or I wouldn't pick them if TCU host because of that

Reactions: volfannga

VN Store

Back