Monday Regional Finals discussion thread

How did she not? Playing for the losers bracket is no way to instill confidence in your team. In my several years of playing baseball, mentality is key.

I don’t watch softball, so I’m not informed enough here, but losing to someone who lost 1 time all year and I believe 1 time all last year is not “bowing down” regardless of whether or not she “saved her ace”.

I don’t watch softball, so I’m not informed enough here, but losing to someone who lost 1 time all year and I believe 1 time all last year is not “bowing down” regardless of whether or not she “saved her ace”.

She saved BOTH and trotted a freshman out there.

I’m going to guess no, but should we be cheering on Stanford or does it really not matter? Does having fewer SEC teams possibly hosting increase our chances for hosting ourselves?

Probably not but just a thought that came to mind.

Reactions: rockytop36
If USM has been so good for 13 years or so, why is their stadium still relatively small?
They’ve “squeezed” 6300 people in there. That’s not only not small, that’s huge for a CUSA program. ECU, USM and ULL all have facilities on par with the bottom 1/2 of the SEC.

I’m going to guess no, but should we be cheering on Stanford or does it really not matter? Does having fewer SEC teams possibly hosting increase our chances for hosting ourselves?

Probably not but just a thought that came to mind.

I'm guessing the decision was made a long time ago. It just hasn't been announced

Reactions: TechnoVol
You’d probably also be complaining if she used Rogers and then got beat anyway and had to pitch the freshman against FSU. Be honest. You just want a reason to get mad at the coach.

I have no agenda towards the coach, but I got upset at the decision. You can play ifs all day long, but we’ll never know what could’ve happened. We’ll agree to disagree.

I have no agenda towards the coach, but I got upset at the decision. You can play ifs all day long, but we’ll never know what could’ve happened. We’ll agree to disagree.

I don't watch softball so I will admit I am clueless and would not even try to argue, because I am clueless. But like you said, not starting the ace seems to me to be telling the team they have no chance, I don't like it.

I don't watch softball so I will admit I am clueless and would not even try to argue, because I am clueless. But like you said, not starting the ace seems to me to be telling the team they have no chance, I don't like it.

I got upset, but I’m looking forward to the baseball team now. We’ve got a Super to win, I’m pumped for that.

Reactions: spyfish007

I think there was a little more that went into it than that. While Pickens struggled down the stretch, she throws heat, which OU struggles with. If she could have gone 3/4 innings, then Rogers would have come in.

It’s a tough call, but IMO, our offense still wasn’t good enough, regardless of who we pitched. Our only hit was the first batter of the game. If we throw Rogers and lose, do we beat Okie State? We scored 3 runs on 3 hits that game.

OU and FSU are the two best teams. We were right behind them.

Reactions: StickMan
It’s hard to win when you keep the bat on your shoulder
until after you watch 2 strikes go past you.

I’m not 100% informed here, but doesn’t Ashley Rogers have an injury that doesn’t allow her to pitch every day? I don’t think she was available for the Oklahoma game.

Reactions: taylorvol

VN Store

Back