Monkeypox-alypse!!!!!

Biden is considering Naming Monkeypox Coordinator as White House outlines Increased Response to Virus after first cases were Detected in Children

President Joe Biden plans to name a monkeypox coordinator as breakouts in the United States topped 2,891 and the first two cases in children were confirmed on Friday.

The White House is close to naming somone to the position, the Washington Post reported, as concern about the disease grows.

The news comes as White House coronavirus coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha outlined on Monday new steps the adminstration is taking to combat the disease, including increasing production and distribution of vaccines, expand access to testing, expand access to treatments, and increase outreach to the communities most affected by the virus.

Biden is considering naming a monkeypox coordinator | Daily Mail Online

Biden is considering Naming Monkeypox Coordinator as White House outlines Increased Response to Virus after first cases were Detected in Children

President Joe Biden plans to name a monkeypox coordinator as breakouts in the United States topped 2,891 and the first two cases in children were confirmed on Friday.

The White House is close to naming somone to the position, the Washington Post reported, as concern about the disease grows.

The news comes as White House coronavirus coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha outlined on Monday new steps the adminstration is taking to combat the disease, including increasing production and distribution of vaccines, expand access to testing, expand access to treatments, and increase outreach to the communities most affected by the virus.

Covid - shut it down
Monkeypox - outreach

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
NYC opens THREE mass vaccination centers for monkeypox with each able to dish out 1,400 doses a day — but jabs STILL run out within an hour: US cases of tropical virus reach 2,891

New York City unveiled three mass vaccination centers for monkeypox Friday with each able to dish out 1,400 doses a day — but appointments at each site ran out within an hour, signaling the high demand for the jabs.

The vaccine centers are based in Brooklyn, Bronx and the Queens and began rolling out doses this Sunday. They will also offer them over the next two Sundays.

The Big Apple is running the largest inoculation drive for gay or bisexual men in the country, with only Washington D.C. also aiming to jab the group.

There is mounting concern that monkeypox could spill over into other groups — including children, older adults and pregnant women — which are more vulnerable to the disease. It does not require sex to be transmitted, and can be spread through physical contact such as touching others or a hug.

NYC opens THREE mass vaccination centers for monkeypox with each able to dish out 1,400 doses a day | Daily Mail Online

First case of Monkeypox reported in Shelby County, SCHD says

SHELBY COUNTY, Tenn.– The first case of Monkeypox has been reported in Shelby County, the Shelby County Health Department confirmed in a press release Monday afternoon.

The health department said it is working with the patient and their health care provider to identify anyone who may have been in contact with them.

This comes after Mississippi reported its first case of Monkeypox in the state.

According to the CDC, the monkeypox virus can spread from person to person through direct contact with infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids, respiratory secretions during face-to-face contact or intimate physical contact, or touching items that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids. Pregnant people can also spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta.

They could just slide mayor Pete into that position.

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY

SHELBY COUNTY, Tenn.– The first case of Monkeypox has been reported in Shelby County, the Shelby County Health Department confirmed in a press release Monday afternoon.

The health department said it is working with the patient and their health care provider to identify anyone who may have been in contact with them.

This comes after Mississippi reported its first case of Monkeypox in the state.

According to the CDC, the monkeypox virus can spread from person to person through direct contact with infectious rash, scabs, or body fluids, respiratory secretions during face-to-face contact or intimate physical contact, or touching items that previously touched the infectious rash or body fluids. Pregnant people can also spread the virus to their fetus through the placenta.

Of course the first case in Tennessee would be in Memphis.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
"Monkeypox was discovered in 1958 when two outbreaks of a pox-like disease occurred in colonies of monkeys kept for research. Despite being named “monkeypox,” the source of the disease remains unknown. However, African rodents and non-human primates (like monkeys) might harbor the virus and infect people."

Monkeypox in the U.S.

Just one little question I do have. How did lab monkeys get it?

"Monkeypox was discovered in 1958 when two outbreaks of a pox-like disease occurred in colonies of monkeys kept for research. Despite being named “monkeypox,” the source of the disease remains unknown. However, African rodents and non-human primates (like monkeys) might harbor the virus and infect people."

Monkeypox in the U.S.

“The source of the disease remains unknown”

Are you about to go down some weird “AIDS was created to kill black people” road?

If scientists could design a disease to target a specific population they wanted to remove, it wouldn’t be a sexually transmitted disease. Rather it would be a childhood illness so you can kill them before they’re able to reproduce

Monkeypox in the U.S.

All male monkey orgies obviously.

“Tracing it back it’s pretty clear I had my exposure at the Thursday orgy with all the out-of-towners,” he tweeted. “My 2 cents: it’s reductive to tell gay people to not have sex, it didn’t work in the early days of AIDS and clearly it’s not working now.”

Bro you admitted you atttended 2 different orgies in a matter of weeks! This isn't normal behavior. Good grief, that's nasty.

Whatever happened to just going out to eat for a birthday.

“Tracing it back it’s pretty clear I had my exposure at the Thursday orgy with all the out-of-towners,” he tweeted. “My 2 cents: it’s reductive to tell gay people to not have sex, it didn’t work in the early days of AIDS and clearly it’s not working now.”

Bro you admitted you atttended 2 different orgies in a matter of weeks! This isn't normal behavior. Good grief, that's nasty.

tl;dr
You'd make a perfect monkey pox coordinator.

I'm sure there was eating going on.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

VN Store

Back