More Climate BS...

Although Weyerhaeuser is cutting down as many trees as ever and plans to increase lumber production 5% in the next few years, it says its net carbon footprint is negative—so much so that it is offering carbon dioxide storage capacity to other companies. Weyerhaeuser expects a new unit dedicated to helping other firms offset their emissions to generate $100 million a year in profit by the end of 2025.

America’s Most Prolific Logger Recasts Itself as Environmental Do-Gooder

Coming to our homes soon.
I don’t buy carbon offsets or carbon trading for one second.

But I do keep asking what would happen if we just planted a billion more trees. The federal government owns like 500M acres of land.

I don’t buy carbon offsets or carbon trading for one second.

But I do keep asking what would happen if we just planted a billion more trees. The federal government owns like 500M acres of land.
The gov of any form owns all the land. Stop paying property taxes and watch what happens. Wonder how we got to such a place.

The gov of any form owns all the land. Stop paying property taxes and watch what happens. Wonder how we got to such a place.
I’m just talking about the land not in private hands (yes, that is contingent on you paying property tax).

Federal lands. There’s a lot out there. Let’s put some trees in the ground.

Reactions: AM64
Although Weyerhaeuser is cutting down as many trees as ever and plans to increase lumber production 5% in the next few years, it says its net carbon footprint is negative—so much so that it is offering carbon dioxide storage capacity to other companies. Weyerhaeuser expects a new unit dedicated to helping other firms offset their emissions to generate $100 million a year in profit by the end of 2025.

America’s Most Prolific Logger Recasts Itself as Environmental Do-Gooder

Coming to our homes soon.

And meanwhile across the globe a lot of the third world is still into slash and burn farming - and this step by Weyerhaeuser while maybe commendable is just a fart in the wind compared to what countries in Africa, S America, and Asia are doing to destroy the environment. At least we have parts of Europe working hard to save us from the terrors of cattle emissions. Maybe we need catalytic converters for livestock - which would, of course, involve real ecological devastation to dig up and process the necessary rare earth materials ... probably using child labor.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Where do all these ****** Mayors come from? The elections have to be rigged. Nobody is that stupid.

It may not, but did you ever think that kids would be getting sex changes at 12? The green religion is quite fanatical

I think (right now at least) we are the only country where mentally ill parents and adults are allowed to mutilate their children and be celebrated for it.

But the two are radically different. Heathrow alone counts for billions in revenue to the UK. The Brits are smart enough to know this and will not allow the ignorant minority to dictate policy. Airlines, while major polluters, are a "necessary evil" of the modern world and even most hardcore enviro nuts don't have a plausible alternative.

I think (right now at least) we are the only country where mentally ill parents and adults are allowed to mutilate their children and be celebrated for it.

But the two are radically different. Heathrow alone counts for billions in revenue to the UK. The Brits are smart enough to know this and will not allow the ignorant minority to dictate policy. Airlines, while major polluters, are a "necessary evil" of the modern world and even most hardcore enviro nuts don't have a plausible alternative.

I understand what you're saying, my thought is that there are ideologue beaurocrats that continue to push for this stuff. though they may not get what they want completely, they will get a portion a piece at a time. What was considered extreme 20 years is now normal.

Reactions: NCFisher and AM64

VN Store

Back