More Climate BS...

Absolutely agree. I firmly believe that the climate is changing just as it has numerous times throughout the millennia and humans have little impact on that. Hell, if you really look at it we're still coming out of the last major ice age.

The global warming/climate change focus of study should be on how do we live and strive with a changing climate, not how do we slow or stop it.
My question is who in the name of God decided how things are now is the way they should always be?

I have always asked how would these idiots be responding if our civilization had arisen right after the ice sheets began to recede? OMG! What the hell are we going to do with Minnesota!

Reactions: AM64, tbh and hog88
There are ocean fossils in the rocky mountains.
When I was a kid, I found a conch shell that our hogs had rooted up. Now, may have been nothing more than something lost in the ground for a 100 years, but it looked ancient. Always wondered if it should have been tested. We lived 185 ft above sea level. Plenty of rocks there had shells, etc in them.

I own property on the gulf.

Sell now.

If you're gulf front I am sure you can tell us about the rising costs of insurance. If you're not gulf front, it would be interesting to hear what's been happening with your insurance.

Was reading about the inland flooding from Ian, i.e. places like Orlando. It seems the precip numbers were very high and it took weeks for the water to drain from inland locations due to the flat terrain. So now they're saying the insurance companies will be raising their rates significantly for those locations.

You know insurance companies, they want the highest premiums they can charge while contesting every freaking claim.

Sell now.

If you're gulf front I am sure you can tell us about the rising costs of insurance. If you're not gulf front, it would be interesting to hear what's been happening with your insurance.

Was reading about the inland flooding from Ian, i.e. places like Orlando. It seems the precip numbers were very high and it took weeks for the water to drain from inland locations due to the flat terrain. So now they're saying the insurance companies will be raising their rates significantly for those locations.

You know insurance companies, they want the highest premiums they can charge while contesting every freaking claim.

Not seen an increase out of line of the other properties we own in TN.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Interesting. The guy in Key West saw his premiums increase by 50% in the last three years. But he had a turn of the century house (from 19th to 200th century for you young puppies), no elevation like modern construction where they have to put them on stilts

Interesting. The guy in Key West saw his premiums increase by 50% in the last three years. But he had a turn of the century house (from 19th to 200th century for you young puppies), no elevation like modern construction where they have to put them on stilts

Yes, storms happen. Not sure what you believe this shows

My favorite political phrase is still “climate change denier”

As if there’s a “static climate” movement out there.

“Climates don’t change! The ice age wasn’t real! Climates are static and the liberals are lying to you!”

Last edited:
My insurance premium also increased this year compared to previous years. It was 100%. It was at my request. It was across all my properties located in Middle Tn. My increase has absolutely nothing to do with climate change. It has everything to do with the increased value of my homes.

I found a resource online which states key west had ave appreciation over 12 months at 17.5%; 71% appreciation over 5 years, and appreciation of 180% over the last decade.

50% increase in property value and property insurance seems in line with the appreciation trends.

Yes, storms happen. Not sure what you believe this shows
Hurricane Audrey killed half of my husband’s family.. I think it was during the 1950s, Galveston hurricane killed thousands in 1912? I think.. People didn’t get a lot of warning like now, but there were always killer storms, even before Europeans even got over here 😂 and extremely hot weather, and extremely cold weather lol. Edit: Galveston was 1900, with 8,000 people dead

My favorite political phrase is still “climate change denier”

As if there’s a movement “static climate” movement out there.

“Climates don’t change! The ice age wasn’t real! Climates are static and the liberals are lying to you!”
What's funny is the climate nuts are the ones hell-bent on making the climate static. The rest of us are like, "Oh, well."

Last edited:
The point is that scientific (oh, there's that word you guys hate so much) research shows that temperature changes have never occurred this rapidly.

So yes, the climate fluctuates, but it has never been this quick, in this magnitude.

The point is that scientific (oh, there's that word you guys hate so much) research shows that temperature changes have never occurred this rapidly.

So yes, the climate fluctuates, but it has never been this quick, in this magnitude.

Excuse me for being skeptical of the science that shows something has never happened in over 4 billion years.

Can you provide that research for us?

VN Store

Back