Movies you've seen recently II

Dark Phoenix - 3/10 - I'm not even actually done with it, but I have a hard time thinking the last 30 minutes redeems it. It looks like a fan made movie on YouTube.

I hate that they have botched this storyline twice. It would probably be a 30 years before they attempt it again.

The Peanut Butter Falcon 7/10. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Shia did a great job and his counterpart was awesome and enjoyable to watch.

Ford vs Ferrari 8/10. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting or wanting to like bc of Damon...but it was a really great movie and he did a really good job. Bale did a great job as well.

Reactions: Behr and VolnJC
(Documentary)The Good Son: the Life of Ray Boom Boom Mancini. 9/10. He was my favorite boxer when I was little. This is such a heartbreaking tale about his life and coping with the death of his opponent Deuk Koo Kim. It shows the meeting btw him and Kim's family. Tears are flowing a little.

Reactions: CAVPUT
The Peanut Butter Falcon 7/10. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Shia did a great job and his counterpart was awesome and enjoyable to watch.

Ford vs Ferrari 8/10. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting or wanting to like bc of Damon...but it was a really great movie and he did a really good job. Bale did a great job as well.
We watched Peanut Butter Falcon tonight...change of pace and Shia did a really good job...cameos by Jake The Snake Roberts and Mick Foley

Jumangi 2- 5/10, first one was better imo.

Gemini man 6/10, pretty good

Richard Jewell - 6.5/10. Basically a tale of 2 halves of the movie. The first half or so IMO seemed like a made for TV movie. The parts where they tried to recreate the Olympic concert and all just seemed really cheap to me. But after they got to investigating Jewell the movie really got better. Probably because Sam Rockwell became a bigger part of the movie and he's once again a scene stealer. For most of the movie I didn't get why Kathy Bates' performance was lauded so much and she got an Oscar nom; then it got to the part where she gave the press conference and then I understood.

Spenser Confidential 6/10 entertaining but other than that not noteworthy at all. Kinda feel like Peter Berg phoned it in and really nothing was based on the literary character Spenser other than being in Boston.

Uncut Gems - 7/10 - felt like it was a bit overhyped. Same with Sandler's performance. I mean it was good and definitely out of his comfort zone but I didn't find it amazing like I thought I would. I know it's an indpendent movie so saying it's "overyhyped" feels a bit weird.

RIP J.T. Walsh. He was always a favorite of mine.
He was in some good movies back in the day, including one of the greatest movies of all time, A Few Good Men. I don't think I knew he passed away.

He was in some good movies back in the day, including one of the greatest movies of all time, A Few Good Men. I don't think I knew he passed away.
Yes he was in a bunch of good ones, and I agree with A Few Good Men.

Died of a heart attack in 98.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back