Movies you've seen recently II

Just Mercy was the best movie I’ve seen this year. 9/10!

I think Pruitt should show it to any kids we’re recruiting who’s considering and college in Alabama (kidding... kinda🤪)

The Way Back

Good movie. Affleck is great in it, whether you like him or not.

It was great but the ending didn’t feel right. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Big Time Adolescence is a pretty good movie (Hulu original). I'm a fan of Pete Davidson but I don't really feel like any of the things he does (SNL, stand-up) fit his talent. I wouldn't have guessed movies were a match for him, but he was good in this. Machine Gun Kelly is in it and he was pretty funny.

Reactions: bignewt
Blow The Man Down 7/10 on Amazon Prime, lean little tale about a small Maine fishing village and some ugly events that ripple through the underbelly of said town. Good performances, more of a female bent as all the main characters are female, gave it a different feel and was well done.
Liked it. Nice regional humor.

Introduced my 2 youngest to Top Gun yesterday. They absolutely loved it, and are excited about the new one now.

Blow The Man Down 7/10 on Amazon Prime, lean little tale about a small Maine fishing village and some ugly events that ripple through the underbelly of said town. Good performances, more of a female bent as all the main characters are female, gave it a different feel and was well done.

I randomly saw it on AP and watched it. I thought it was pretty good.

RIP J.T. Walsh. He was always a favorite of mine.

He was always good at playing the kind of bad guy. The big money booster in Blue Chips or the dirty internal affairs guy in The Negotiator. He also had the role of the Tommy Lee Jones lackey in The Client. I didn’t realize he had died until not too long ago .

He was always good at playing the kind of bad guy. The big money booster in Blue Chips or the dirty internal affairs guy in The Negotiator. He also had the role of the Tommy Lee Jones lackey in The Client. I didn’t realize he had died until not too long ago .
That scene in the boardroom in Outbreak was awesome. I enjoyed his character in the Miracle on 34th Street remake. He was an asswipe in Breakdown. Yea, lots of good ones.

That scene in the boardroom in Outbreak was awesome. I enjoyed his character in the Miracle on 34th Street remake. He was an asswipe in Breakdown. Yea, lots of good ones.

I saw that Outbreak was being talked about, but I never actually have seen it. I need to check it out. His character in Miracle on 34th St. was pretty much him in a nutshell as an actor.

Reactions: Behr
1917 - 9/10. It was a great movie and the way it was filmed was even better. It has some surprises in it, at least unexpected happenings. I would watch again.

Spies in Disguise - 6.5/10. It's a great family movie. Since we are practicing social distancing, we enjoyed a family movie night and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Even though it had an underlying political message, but I ignored it to enjoy with the family.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
Has anyone watched Bloodshot? Really thought about renting it, but they turned it into pg-13. I dont have high hopes for it.

Guns Akimbo 5/10 great little concept but the execution was marred in cliches. Daniel Ratcliffe will take about anything it seems, he needs a more discerning manager.

Parasite was cool and a lot funnier than I expected.

Everybody was acting like there was some big twist or something, which is my pet peeve because if I know there is a twist I usually am able to figure it out. No twist in this. Just a weird plot is all.

Parasite was cool and a lot funnier than I expected.

Everybody was acting like there was some big twist or something, which is my pet peeve because if I know there is a twist I usually am able to figure it out. No twist in this. Just a weird plot is all.

Did you not see the ending?

Did you not see the ending?

Yeah.

How is it a "twist", exactly? A twist is where they make you think one thing is happening and then they flip you on your head...like if it turned out the rich family was evil and the parasites were victims. Things escalated to a crazy degree, but I don't consider that a twist.

Yeah.

How is it a "twist", exactly? A twist is where they make you think one thing is happening and then they flip you on your head...like if it turned out the rich family was evil and the parasites were victims. Things escalated to a crazy degree, but I don't consider that a twist.

Ok I can see your point. It still was a huge left turn.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back