Movies you've seen recently II

Just watched an old movie on TCM with Audrey Hepburn, Richard Crenna, Efrim Zimbalist Jr, and Alan Arkin. Hepburn was nominated for an Academy Award for her role in this movie. Guesses?

Just watched an old movie on TCM with Audrey Hepburn, Richard Crenna, Efrim Zimbalist Jr, and Alan Arkin. Hepburn was nominated for an Academy Award for her role in this movie. Guesses?
Zimbalist jr. voiced Alfred Pennyworth on the fantastic Batman The Animated Series and several Animated films along with episodes of Superman:TAS & Justice League.

Jeez, it's been forever since I've seen that. Didn't even realize Arkin is in it.

wev'e been renting movies once a week for family movie night....

frozen 2...it is what it is. i have girls.
underwater...not terrible, mindless entertainment with some good suspsense. some good throwbacks to The Abyss and movies like Leviathan and Deep Star Six.,...
Troop 0....actually great little family movie. i liked it. the main character kid, reminds me of my best friends daughter....
Terminator (forget the tag line, but the newest one where old linda hamilton is in it)...not awful. but still a long way off from what the originals were....they've done so many funky things wiht the story as a whole....
Knives out...it was good, but i was expecting it to be a lot better.
It Chapter 2....awesome. loved it. family didn't watch this one tho...lol.
Jumanji next level....not terrible, i liked it about like i liked the first one.
Onward....see frozen 2.
Rambo, Last Blood...you can't watch this and have an expectations except John Rambo is gonna wreck ish....cause he does. pretty violent, and just a good down/dirty rambo movie. nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: Behr
To Dust - 7/10.

Indpendent movie on Amazon Prime that stars Matthew Broderick as a community college science professor that helps a Jewish guy deal with his wife dying and decaying. It's overall a dark comedy but it was pretty entertaining. The body farm in Knoxville makes an appearance (well not the actual one but that's where they're supposed to be).

Reactions: FïreBall
wev'e been renting movies once a week for family movie night....

frozen 2...it is what it is. i have girls.
underwater...not terrible, mindless entertainment with some good suspsense. some good throwbacks to The Abyss and movies like Leviathan and Deep Star Six.,...
Troop 0....actually great little family movie. i liked it. the main character kid, reminds me of my best friends daughter....
Terminator (forget the tag line, but the newest one where old linda hamilton is in it)...not awful. but still a long way off from what the originals were....they've done so many funky things wiht the story as a whole....
Knives out...it was good, but i was expecting it to be a lot better.
It Chapter 2....awesome. loved it. family didn't watch this one tho...lol.
Jumanji next level....not terrible, i liked it about like i liked the first one.
Onward....see frozen 2.
Rambo, Last Blood...you can't watch this and have an expectations except John Rambo is gonna wreck ish....cause he does. pretty violent, and just a good down/dirty rambo movie. nothing more, nothing less.
Sup Jake? Doing good I hope.

Only 2 on that list I've seen. It2, I liked it better than the first one.

Rambo Last Blood. It sucked in a different way I expected it to, but since I expected it to suck, I enjoyed it for what it was. It didn't feel like a Rambo movie to me. But you're right about it being violent.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Sup Jake? Doing good I hope.

Only 2 on that list I've seen. It2, I liked it better than the first one.

Rambo Last Blood. It sucked in a different way I expected it to, but since I expected it to suck, I enjoyed it for what it was. It didn't feel like a Rambo movie to me. But you're right about it being violent.
all good. just hanging out at home working and making sure the kids do on line skool.

agree on both really. it 2, i liked better than the 1st.....and that's actually a good way to describe Last Blood..you really can't have any expectations for that one lol......hope you're doing well also!

MIB International 5/10.

It's not terrible but it's also pretty meh. It kills me how bad the CGI looks in a 2019 film. And I get this is a spinoff/soft reboot but other than one picture and a few alien cameos it's like the original MIB trilogy doesn't exist. Hemsworth and Thompson are fine but they didn't have a lot to work with.

Coffee and Kareem - 5/10. Netflix original buddy/odd couple/father and son type movie that doesn’t set any new standard or redefine the genre.

The Last Castle - Been a long time since I'd seen it and I didn't remember a lot of it. Enjoyed it.
That was filmed in Nashville at the same prison where The Green Mile was also shot. For what it's worth, I have a cousin named Susan McMahon, who was the Location Manager for the movie. She is listed in the credits. She met her husband during the shoot, he worked as a grip. Susan also said that James Gandolfini was flirting with all the women on the set, including her... and was kind of a perv... RIP.

That was filmed in Nashville at the same prison where The Green Mile was also shot. For what it's worth, I have a cousin named Susan McMahon, who was the Location Manager for the movie. She is listed in the credits. She met her husband during the shoot, he worked as a grip. Susan also said that James Gandolfini was flirting with all the women on the set, including her... and was kind of a perv... RIP.
Cool, I didn't know that. I used to drive by it often when I worked in Nashville. Always been fascinated by prisons and I love prison movies. I'm watching Brubaker later tonight.

The Lodge 7/10 creepy horror movie that pretty much takes place in one location. Clever script, better than average acting.

Cool, I didn't know that. I used to drive by it often when I worked in Nashville. Always been fascinated by prisons and I love prison movies. I'm watching Brubaker later tonight.
Brubaker was a really good movie, imo.

Bingo! It also has one of the earliest and best jump scares in movie history. Scared the crap out of my girlfriend.
First time I ever saw that movie was at a friend's church's fall festival. Was in 6th grade.

To this day I don't throw or slam anything breakable when I'm mad. Amazing the things that stick with you when you're a kid.

Reactions: Manning Up

VN Store

Back