'19 MS SDE Jalil Clemons (Memphis signee)

His coach

Starkville coach Chris Jones told 247Sports' Yancy Porter in early May that he believes Clemons "is the best defensive lineman in the state" of Mississippi.

"He just has great get-off speed and the best hands I've ever coached," Jones told Porter. "When he gets his hands on you, it's over. Jalil has such a high motor. He plays sideline to sideline. He's 6-foot-2.5, 240, but I think he will grow into a 285-pound guy playing the three-technique when he gets to college."

Clemons recorded 73 tackles, including 22 tackles for loss, along with 11 sacks and five forced fumbles as a junior. But his limited size has hurt his recruitment.

"Mississippi State came by and flat-out said they weren't taking him because he's too small," Jones told Porter. "Somebody is going to sign him and shake their heads in a couple of years that they got this guy. I was with (Mississippi State defensive lineman) Jeffery Simmons, and he hit a growth spurt his senior season. I'm telling you, the two play just like one another. Play with an edge on the field. No one can block Jalil one-on-one. I know that.

"Wait until he gets at some of these camps and combines this summer," Jones said in early May. "He'll blow up. Hands down, he's better than (LSU commitment and teammate) Zach Edwards. That's no knock on Zach. Jalil is just in another league

6'3" 240 sounds like the start of a real nice OLB. 15-20 lbs of muscle and boom.

His camp films are sick. Quick, fast, strong, great technique, a motor that won't quit.

Hopefully this guy will stick with the commitment. This kid is gonna blow up big time.

Pruitt is getting players that he can plug in at multiple locations in seasons to come.
I call it plug and play and the next man up being as good as the one on the field. Subbing and play not dropping off. Bringing it for a full 4 qtrs..

Reactions: 2 people
giphy.gif

Beautiful.

Reactions: 1 person
quickness stands out on film.. I like, frame looks good too

Jalil is going to be a nightmare to block. I bet CJP was smiling his arse off when he committed.

VN Store

Back