Mueller Report Imminent

Ok you’re just pushing the impeachment narrative here that the left is flirting around. Mueller made a non conclusion conclusion and pointed to his newly minted boss to decide. His boss said fine, no obstruction. And now the left is picking up the non conclusion conclusion and trying a Billy Mays “but wait there’s more!” since Mueller abdicated. So my answer to your question is it’s Mueller’s fault. He punted on doing his job. You can’t pin that on Trump. 🤷‍♂️

That’s a new and interesting approach to personal accountability.

Or are you saying Trump’s actions detailed in the report are above reproach?

I just watched the last few minutes of Barr's testimony.......he appeared to be a moron. (and it was the R from Nebraska doing the questioning)

If Trump was wanting to obstruct, why did he not insist on these same Americans or their successors doing what he asked?

This is not addressed in the report, so I don’t know. The idea that he wasn’t actually trying to obstruct is not the only logical conclusion.

If the facts about Trump’s behavior in this report are just typical of any and every politician, then why did so many Administration employees take a hard pass when the president asked them to do things?

Do you really think that when a new guy comes in to an organization, whether government or business, that there aren't a host of people around to step in and say "you can't do that"? And for a myriad of reasons from "we tried, and we aren't doing that ... again" to "you haven't been around long enough to know how things really work". Politics is an incestuous profession - crooked, corrupt, and full of compromise both of morals and direction; you cannot expect an outsider to step in and know exactly how to play the game. That is too bad because we really need outsiders with a fresh prospective to clean up our political cesspool.

Mueller's report also directly refutes Barr's statement today that Trump may not have believed he was asking White House Counsel Don McGahn to say something false. In his analysis of the episodes with McGahn, the Mueller report says: "There also is evidence that the President knew that he should not have made those calls to McGahn."

Barr is great. He has a little Trump in him with respect to not backing down. Difference is that his quips are off-the-cuff and highly intelligent. Try to ask him gotcha or soundbite questions and you run the risk of being made a fool like the "unprecedented" reporter. Perfect AG so far for this situation.
He has a little Trump in him with respect to lying as well. On April 9th, in an appearance before the Senate Appropriations Committee, this exchange happened between Barr and Florida Democratic Senator Charlie Crist:

Senator Charlie Crist: Reports have emerged recently, general, that members of the special counsel's team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24 letter, that it does not adequately portray the report's findings. Do you know what they are referencing with that?

Attorney General William Barr: No, I don't.

That would have been an excellent time for the United States Attorney General to mention the letter he had received from Robert Mueller on March 27th but instead, Barr played dumb. Why do that? He had to know that Mueller's letter would eventually be leaked. Now, he can be credibly accused of having committed perjury before Congress. I don't see how the Republicans can positively spin that exchange. Barr should have mentioned the Mueller letter.

Do you really think that when a new guy comes in to an organization, whether government or business, that there aren't a host of people around to step in and say "you can't do that"? And for a myriad of reasons from "we tried, and we aren't doing that ... again" to "you haven't been around long enough to know how things really work". Politics is an incestuous profession - crooked, corrupt, and full of compromise both of morals and direction; you cannot expect an outsider to step in and know exactly how to play the game. That is too bad because we really need outsiders with a fresh prospective to clean up our political cesspool.
Know how to play the game? The rule “don’t commit a crime” seems pretty intuitive.

Do those same people usually come in and draft resignation letters and pack up their offices and tell co-workers that the new guy “asked them to do crazy ****?”

Then put him in front of Congress. Barr said he’s fine with it, it was addressed in Feinstein’s opening comments today.

And no... you really don’t want to hear what he has to say I think. I think you just want to continue the Mueller foreplay and imply just how damning it will be. I believe “bombshell” is the word you guys like to use?

Nah, I always have stated that there might not be enough evidence to tie Trump with the Russians as far as conspiracy goes. I think the real damaging facts reside with his financial ties. He will and is fighting tooth and nail to prevent them from coming to light.

Him not being reelected will be enough for me. And he won't be.

Reactions: luthervol
I find it hilarious how you call all these people morons.........................people who would intellectually run circles around you.
Did you see the part of the testimony to which I referred?
Barr was clueless as to how to answer the question.

Nah, I always have stated that there might not be enough evidence to tie Trump with the Russians as far as conspiracy goes. I think the real damaging facts reside with his financial ties. He will and is fighting tooth and nail to prevent them from coming to light.

If the economy keeps heading the way it is, good luck with that.

DGU, DEGU.

What part of no collusion and no obstruction do some of you folks not understand?

They put all of their eggs in one basket and lost. They’ll keep grasp long at anything. If you tell them there’s a 99.9% Trump is completely innocent they’ll say there’s still a chance. If they can’t get Trump they’ll go after everyone else like they are today.

Reactions: AM64
Please please please do it. I beg

The biggest problem with impeachment is Trump's mouth. He's undisciplined. That can work in business and certainly in entertainment, but in politics where nuance, what you say, what you don't say, how you say it, is everything, Trump is his own biggest liability. It's a little like the movie "Tin Cup" ... talent is there but so is the ability to do something destructive (in the particular circumstance). Still, I'd rather have a hundred Trumps in DC than the mess of corrupt political sycophants that we have now ... and I don't even like Trump.

VN Store

Back