Mueller Report Imminent

So he was found guilty of one or both?

The report neither found guilt nor the absence of guilt (as to obstruction). It laid out facts that left the question as to whether or not prosecution, the means by which a judge, jury, or legislature, was appropriate for the acts of Trump.

Reactions: RockyTop85
I disagree, the health of the economy is what gets people elected or not elected.............always has.
There is an exception to everything... and Trump's personality won't play well vis a vis Biden. Check the poll numbers. Even with a strong economy, Trump has a low ceiling. He has never been above 46% in the Real Clear Politics Average Approval Rating. Obama was at 57% when he left office.

The biggest problem with impeachment is Trump's mouth. He's undisciplined. That can work in business and certainly in entertainment, but in politics where nuance, what you say, what you don't say, how you say it, is everything, Trump is his own biggest liability. It's a little like the movie "Tin Cup" ... talent is there but so is the ability to do something destructive (in the particular circumstance). Still, I'd rather have a hundred Trumps in DC than the mess of corrupt political sycophants that we have now ... and I don't even like Trump.
I hated him when he jumped in but now absolutely love the guy, the more the far left pushes this crap the more it will hurt them long term.

Reactions: AM64
The report neither found guilt nor the absence of guilt (as to obstruction). It laid out facts that left the question as to whether or not prosecution, the means by which a judge, jury, or legislature, was appropriate for the acts of Trump.

So in other words they couldn’t prove it but it’s the last straw to grasp?

Reactions: AM64
He has a little Trump in him with respect to lying as well. On April 9th, in an appearance before the Senate Appropriations Committee, this exchange happened between Barr and Florida Democratic Senator Charlie Crist:

Senator Charlie Crist: Reports have emerged recently, general, that members of the special counsel's team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24 letter, that it does not adequately portray the report's findings. Do you know what they are referencing with that?

Attorney General William Barr: No, I don't.

That would have been an excellent time for the United States Attorney General to mention the letter he had received from Robert Mueller on March 27th but instead, Barr played dumb. Why do that? He had to know that Mueller's letter would eventually be leaked. Now, he can be credibly accused of having committed perjury before Congress. I don't see how the Republicans can positively spin that exchange. Barr should have mentioned the Mueller letter.

You conveniently left out Barr's full response -

Barr said: “No, I don’t.”
“I suspect that they probably wanted more put out, but in my view, I was not interested in putting out summaries or trying to summarize,” he added.

You conveniently left out Barr's full response -

Barr said: “No, I don’t.”
“I suspect that they probably wanted more put out, but in my view, I was not interested in putting out summaries or trying to summarize,” he added.
"I suspect" ? He didn't have to "suspect" anything. He had a letter from Robert Mueller. He knew how Mueller felt about what he had written. Barr never mentioned the Mueller letter.

This is how you do it.

D5f8gI9WwAgDfKb.jpg:large

Why should he?
Because he was under oath and asked a direct question before Congress as to whether or not he was aware of the source of the reports that the Mueller team did not feel his letter had adequately portrayed their findings. Duh!

The source of that reporting stemmed from the Mueller letter...

So in other words they couldn’t prove it but it’s the last straw to grasp?

I am not sure who you mean by "they."

If you mean Mueller and his team, they did not make a decision to indict the President. Therefore, there has not been a determination by anyone (a judge or jury) as to whether or not Trump is guilty (or innocent for that matter) of the acts set forth in the Mueller Report. As it stands, the public is discussing the evidence contained in the Mueller Report. But whether or not obstruction has been proven, is a question for a court of competent jurisdiction.

If you mean the democrats, then I don't consider it to be a "last straw." I don't think it can be questioned that Trump made orders that, if they had been carried out by his subordinate (McGahn), could have amounted to obstruction. McGahn appears to have saved Trump by disobeying his orders. Based on that scenario, it looks like Trump had the intent, but not the act sufficient to create a legal case for obstruction of justice. While this might not be enough for a prosecutor to act on, it could certainly be enough for our legislature to act on.

VN Store

Back