Mueller Report Imminent

"drive by"? .... "hit job cherry picking"? It was a direct question and Barr played dumb. Why not mention the letter and be forthcoming? He knew Mueller had objections to his "summary of principal conclusions" letter and he knew why. He was being coy and evasive and not behaving like an independent authority should.
I’ve read the letter. Dry. Hole. The narrative you’re pushing is going nowhere. No where in that letter was any reference made to disagreements on accuracy or Barr’s conclusions.

“Reports have emerged recently, general, that members of the Special Counsel’s team are frustrated at some level with the limited information included in your March 24th letter, that it does not adequately or accurately necessarily portray the report’s findings. Do you know what they’re referencing with that?”

Barr said: “No, I don’t.”

“I suspect that they probably wanted more put out, but in my view, I was not interested in putting out summaries or trying to summarize,” he added.

Reactions: tennvols77
"drive by"? .... "hit job cherry picking"? It was a direct question and Barr played dumb. Why not mention the letter and be forthcoming? He knew Mueller had objections to his "summary of principal conclusions" letter and he knew why. He was being coy and evasive and not behaving like an independent authority should.

Time to move on 7A06A2ED-CC1E-4C48-BD56-EAA9AF0AE0AE.gif

Does anyone honestly believe that Barr is an independent authority or is it more like he is an extension of the Trump legal defense team? (I'm not expecting many conservative replies to this.)

There were times he coy and evasive and I’m sure he had good reason to be. But I never saw him run from questions about the letter, when given time, to respond to all the spin that was thrown his way.

Reactions: AM64
2419ia.jpg

Does anyone honestly believe that Barr is an independent authority or is it more like he is an extension of the Trump legal defense team? (I'm not expecting many conservative replies to this.)

So then really you are just looking for support and verification from your liberal cohorts ?

Reactions: AM64
Yea I’ve read that highlighted txt several times. And evidently your behind on two sworn testimonies by Barr that the OLC opinion had nothing to do with why Meuller failed to prosecute on obstruction. I guess when Meuller is brought in we shall see if somebody is lying. But Sparky is actually a fitting nickname based on what I do for a living.
I did have to look, but what I’m seeing he said was that Mueller told him that he was not saying he would charge Trump, if not for the OLC opinion. Meaning he, Mueller, may not have felt the proof was strong enough or may have had other reasons for not charging.

Barr is far and away the most unbiased and best qualified person to hold the job since Mukasey. Now go ahead and screech 😈

In regards to what?

The report is there for you and I to read.
He has alleged that spying occurred on the Trump campaign in 2016 (this is a serious allegation that needs to be clarified). Most importantly, why didn't he personally review the underlying evidence described in the Mueller report? Isn't that what an AG does before deciding whether or not to prosecute? Had he arrived at a preconceived notion before reading the Mueller report? There are many things.

I guess we will find out if the muell testifies.

I did have to look, but what I’m seeing he said was that Mueller told him that he was not saying he would charge Trump, if not for the OLC opinion. Meaning he, Mueller, may not have felt the proof was strong enough or may have had other reasons for not charging.

Did you watch the testimony today?

He has alleged that spying occurred on the Trump campaign in 2016 (this is a serious allegation that needs to be clarified). Most importantly, why didn't he personally review the underlying evidence described in the Mueller report? Isn't that what an AG does before deciding whether or not to prosecute? Had he arrived at a preconceived notion before reading the Mueller report? There are many things.

No, his staff does then they prepare briefs for him to read. That is how it works at that level.

Reactions: AM64 and T-TownVol
And he doubled down on that when quizzed on the word “spying”. That’s pretty damn telling.

VN Store

Back