Mueller Report Imminent

That isn't the case at all. But good day to you as well sir.
Then stop the name-calling, deal with arguments and step through your defense of Obama and Hillary long enough to consider that everyone doesn't fit into your half-megapixel, low-definition picture of why everyone must be up in arms when it's reported that the US 3-letter agencies spied on a presidential campaign, using opposition research to get warrants to spy on that campaign, then spy on that presidential administration, then drag the spying out for two years to cripple that administration and call for impeachment. All while we read FBI texts that they have an insurance policy against Trump's election and presidency.

Maybe it's not some wish against your heroes. Maybe some of us just perceive a soft coup against a duly elected President. Maybe we take that seriously because we don't wear jerseys. There is no name on our shirt, whether front or back. We don't wear "Republican/Democrat" on front, or "Obama/Bush/Trump/Pence" on back.

Maybe it scares the **** out of us that we're finding out there is this much political weaponry, used against the people. And make no mistake... It wasn't used against Trump. He was just a symptom. It was used against you and I because they've been trying to take our representation out of our hands, and if that is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, people need to hang.

Period.

I don't care what their names are. Those named need to go into history books. Pictures of the hanging corpses need to go into every PolySci text book ever printed to scare anyone from thinking they need to toy with our republic and our choice in representation again.

Is that clear enough for you, Zep? Now, go draw pictures of Hannity. It seems to be what you're here for.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Then stop the name-calling, deal with arguments and step through your defense of Obama and Hillary long enough to consider that everyone doesn't fit into your half-megapixel, low-definition picture of why everyone must be up in arms when it's reported that the US 3-letter agencies spied on a presidential campaign, using opposition research to get warrants to spy on that campaign, then spy on that presidential administration, then drag the spying out for two years to cripple that administration and call for impeachment. All while we read FBI texts that they have an insurance policy against Trump's election and presidency.

Maybe it's not some wish against your heroes. Maybe some of us just perceive a soft coup against a duly elected President. Maybe we take that seriously because we don't wear jerseys. There is no name on our shirt, whether front or back. We don't wear "Republican/Democrat" on front, or "Obama/Bush/Trump/Pence" on back.

Maybe it scares the **** out of us that we're finding out there is this much political weaponry, used against the people. And make no mistake... It wasn't used against Trump. He was just a symptom. It was used against you and I because they've been trying to take our representation out of our hands, and if that is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, people need to hang.

Period.

I don't care what their names are. Those named need to go into history books. Pictures of the hanging corpses need to go into every PolySci text book ever printed to scare anyone from thinking they need to toy with our republic and our choice in representation again.

Is that clear enough for you, Zep? Now, go draw pictures of Hannity. It seems to be what you're here for.
I said good day, you could have just left me alone, you know. I left you alone.
I haven't posted anything in a long time defending Obama or Hillary. Like months.
I'm not going to get on record with you wanting to hang people for treason.

The FBI lied to the FISA court by signing off that all of the information had been verified and was true, [blah blah blah, they didn’t disclose exculpatory information].

I’ve omitted some redundancies but the basic gist is you’re saying they lied and failed to disclose information that was exculpatory in the warrant application. Tell me if I’m wrong.

Search warrant applications, including this one, are effectively the affiant swearing that he has information that he believes establishes probable cause. Some of the information that this affiant had was hearsay. Therefore, he/she had two pertinent options to reach probable cause:
1. Bolster the reliability of the CI, generally. This is usually done, as it was done here, by demonstrating a past relationship with the CI. CIs are often criminals, so it doesn’t mean that everything they’ve said ever is true, and it doesn’t even mean that everything they’ve said about this case is 100% accurate.
2. Corroborate material facts with other observations.

This warrant was based on both.

I’m not aware of any rule that says that the police have to include exculpatory evidence in a warrant application. I’m familiar with a number of analogous legal principles that suggest that this is not something that any court is considering adopting.

Even if they, the FBI, outright lied, which I don’t think is established, guess what? Still a reasonable search, unless the lie was necessary to probable cause. So the corroboration of necessary facts for the warrant in the Mueller report is in fact relevant, despite your baseless protestations. The use of the word “legal” was probably an imprecise characterization of the validity of the search/investigation. There could still be consequences for the officer, but there never are.

Unless there’s some deviation that I didn’t catch, in this specific warrant application or some differences in the FISA laws that I’m not aware of, that’s my understanding of how the law would apply here.

(These are my personal opinions and should not be considered legal advice.)

The FISA process is extremely stringent, as it's supposed to protect our civil liberties, and the FBI **** all over it. You keep making excuses for it and trying to make reasons that it was legal. To top it all off, you post drivel about Trumpists trading in ethics and morals for "legal" standard, which makes you look ridiculous after trading lying to courts to trample civil liberties as supposedly "legal".

lol at “making” reasons. You know who made the reasons? “Conservative” lawmakers and judges of the last half-century who wanted to appease their “conservative” constituents. You know, the people who thought punishing crack heads was more important than maintaining reasonable restraints on government?

So, yeah, I’m not “making” anything, I’m telling you what the law is. I’m not a Jedi knight. It’s not the force. It’s publicly available. You’re welcome to go look it up yourself. I suggest starting with Franks v. Delaware. I’ve posted case law in this forum during other iterations of this conversation, but go look it up for yourself and come tell me I’m wrong.

The fact that you haven’t already done this smells like the outrage of somebody who probably supported those same policies when they were being decided, even though people like me were saying “this is not right, what happens when it’s used against you?” Of course, that was met with a holy chorus of “I never do anything wrong, so I’ve got nothing to worry about.” How’s your singing voice?

Keep whistling past the graveyard. If you're not already embarrassed by the water you're carrying, it's on you. Dooley or not.
I don’t think that idiom means what you think it means.

Admittedly, I’ve not posted here for very long, but I’ve spent my whole professional career fighting against the creep of government power and spent my whole adult life, since the passage of the patriot act, complaining about it. Just like the law doesn’t support your arguments about warrants, reality doesn’t support your accusations about me and, frankly, just further confirms that you’re willing to talk out your ass about stuff you don’t understand.

Reactions: Velo Vol
I’ve omitted some redundancies but the basic gist is you’re saying they lied and failed to disclose information that was exculpatory in the warrant application. Tell me if I’m wrong.

Search warrant applications, including this one, are effectively the affiant swearing that he has information that he believes establishes probable cause. Some of the information that this affiant had was hearsay. Therefore, he/she had two pertinent options to reach probable cause:
1. Bolster the reliability of the CI, generally. This is usually done, as it was done here, by demonstrating a past relationship with the CI. CIs are often criminals, so it doesn’t mean that everything they’ve said ever is true, and it doesn’t even mean that everything they’ve said about this case is 100% accurate.
2. Corroborate material facts with other observations.

This warrant was based on both.

I’m not aware of any rule that says that the police have to include exculpatory evidence in a warrant application. I’m familiar with a number of analogous legal principles that suggest that this is not something that any court is considering adopting.

Even if they, the FBI, outright lied, which I don’t think is established, guess what? Still a reasonable search, unless the lie was necessary to probable cause. So the corroboration of necessary facts for the warrant in the Mueller report is in fact relevant, despite your baseless protestations. The use of the word “legal” was probably an imprecise characterization of the validity of the search/investigation. There could still be consequences for the officer, but there never are.

Unless there’s some deviation that I didn’t catch, in this specific warrant application or some differences in the FISA laws that I’m not aware of, that’s my understanding of how the law would apply here.

(These are my personal opinions and should not be considered legal advice.)

lol at “making” reasons. You know who made the reasons? “Conservative” lawmakers and judges of the last half-century who wanted to appease their “conservative” constituents. You know, the people who thought punishing crack heads was more important than maintaining reasonable restraints on government?

So, yeah, I’m not “making” anything, I’m telling you what the law is. I’m not a Jedi knight. It’s not the force. It’s publicly available. You’re welcome to go look it up yourself. I suggest starting with Franks v. Delaware. I’ve posted case law in this forum during other iterations of this conversation, but go look it up for yourself and come tell me I’m wrong.

The fact that you haven’t already done this smells like the outrage of somebody who probably supported those same policies when they were being decided, even though people like me were saying “this is not right, what happens when it’s used against you?” Of course, that was met with a holy chorus of “I never do anything wrong, so I’ve got nothing to worry about.” How’s your singing voice?

I don’t think that idiom means what you think it means.

Admittedly, I’ve not posted here for very long, but I’ve spent my whole professional career fighting against the creep of government power and spent my whole adult life, since the passage of the patriot act, complaining about it. Just like the law doesn’t support your arguments about warrants, reality doesn’t support your accusations about me and, frankly, just further confirms that you’re willing to talk out your ass about stuff you don’t understand.
I wanted Bush and crew strung up for the Patriot Act. Look me up around here. I detest Bush, Chaney, etc. The difference between you and I is that I'm not on here right now looking for reasons to say this is legal because I don't like the guy in office.

The 3-letter agencies created reasons to spy on a presidential campaign. They used that spying to illegally unmask Trump campaign to try to alter an election. They used that spying to try to cripple the duly elected president for two years. They've used that spying to push for removal of a duly elected president. Coming up empty, they've tried to manufacture process chatges to remove him.

It was political election tampering and a soft coup.

Carry the water, counselor. It's a great full body workout.

I wanted Bush and crew strung up for the Patriot Act. Look me up around here. I detest Bush, Chaney, etc. The difference between you and I is that I'm not on here right now looking for reasons to say this is legal because I don't like the guy in office.

The 3-letter agencies created reasons to spy on a presidential campaign. They used that spying to illegally unmask Trump campaign to try to alter an election. They used that spying to try to cripple the duly elected president for two years. They've used that spying to push for removal of a duly elected president. Coming up empty, they've tried to manufacture process chatges to remove him.

It was political election tampering and a soft coup.

Carry the water, counselor. It's a great full body workout.

Lol! Still all about me and no support for your conclusions. Guess you know what you’ll find. Maybe next time you should do a little looking on the front end and you won’t have to resort to making crap up and personal attacks.

😂

Lol! Still all about me and no support for your conclusions. Guess you know what you’ll find. Maybe next time you should do a little looking on the front end and you won’t have to resort to making crap up and personal attacks.

😂
Oh, I'm content to wait and see how it plays out. If you're right and it's all legal with nothing to be done, at worst it should get enough indignation to get the Patriot Act shut down. And it may be enough to out the corupt parties in question and turn the national support against them, thus ending careers.

I'll be at least happy about that.

But I've read enough on the front end to see legal scholars beside yourself opining on it. You'll pardon me for not dipping out of the water you're carrying when your best defense of the soft coup is that it was most likely technically legal.

In an appearance on FNC's "The Ingraham Angle" last week, former federal prosecutor Joe DiGenova claimed that evidence of widespread FISA abuse by members of the Obama administration is forthcoming and that "there are going to be indictments; there’s going to be grand juries."

And you should take a good look in the mirror if you want to chastise anyone about making stuff up and personal attacks, when your last retort ignored my points, claiming that it is "all about you", and hinged on trying to make me a Bush supporter and Patriot Act defender when that's EXACTLY what I'm railing against. (You saw what I was railing against, no? When you claimed the reply was "all about you", and you were a footnote at best?) ...

...counselor.

So, if that's how you want to paint it, let's just go down that road. I'm not surprised in the least to see an attorney defending our 3-letter agencies purposefully misleading the court that exists to protect our civil liberties, as an insurance policy against a duly elected president.

I'm not surprised, seeing how, if you are an attorney, you were trained for years to argue a side of debate on technicalities, ignoring the ethics of the side you're defending.

That clear enough how I view you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt2496
Oh, I'm content to wait and see how it plays out. If you're right and it's all legal with nothing to be done, at worst it should get enough indignation to get the Patriot Act shut down. And it may be enough to out the corupt parties in question and turn the national support against them, thus ending careers.

I'll be at least happy about that.

But I've read enough on the front end to see legal scholars beside yourself opining on it. You'll pardon me for not dipping out of the water you're carrying when your best defense of the soft coup is that it was most likely technically legal.

And you should take a good look in the mirror if you want to chastise anyone about making stuff up and personal attacks, when your last retort hinged on trying to make me a Bush supporter and Patriot Act defender when that's EXACTLY what I'm railing against...

...counselor.

So, if that's how you want to paint it, let's just go down that road. I'm not surprised in the least to see an attorney defending our 3-letter agencies purposefully misleading the court that exists to protect our civil liberties, as an insurance policy against a duly elected president.

I'm not surprised, seeing how, if you are an attorney, you were trained for years to argue a side of debate on technicalities, ignoring the ethics of the side you're defending.

That clear enough how I view you?
If nothing changes it’s not because I’m right, it’s because enough mindless drones think the law, as written, is sufficient and refuse to acknowledge how ****ed up it is because it would mean relinquishing some pipe dream of salvaging the presidency of their favorite con artist. Things should change because I’m right.

And given the quality of your other opinions, I couldn’t care less about your opinion of me, but I appreciate the entertainment value of being lectured on ethics and technicalities by a trump apologist in a thread about the mueller report.

If nothing changes it’s not because I’m right, it’s because enough mindless drones think the law, as written, is sufficient and refuse to acknowledge how ****ed up it is because it would mean relinquishing some pipe dream of salvaging the presidency of their favorite con artist.

And given the quality of your other opinions, I couldn’t care less about your opinion of me, but I appreciate the entertainment value of being lectured on ethics and technicalities by a trump apologist in a thread about the mueller report.

If you'd care to look or ask, I didn't vote for Trump and won't vote for him if he runs again. My conscience wouldn't, and won't, let me "call evil good and good evil", as I interpret the scriptural basis of my ethics. So, as far as I can tell, you're batting .000 by your own standard and accusation of making **** up and ignoring people's arguments.

My opinions come from defense of our representative system, not some blowhard supposed-billionaire politician.

Given the spectacular nature by which you fail to comprehend my opinions, I'll rest OK with the thought that you don't appreciate them. And given the verbiage you've dedicated to them, I can consider it a bald faced lie when you claim not to care in the least about them.

Cool?

If you'd care to look or ask, I didn't vote for Trump and won't vote for him if he runs again. My conscience wouldn't, and won't, let me "call evil good and good evil", as I interpret the scriptural basis of my ethics. So, as far as I can tell, you're batting .000 by your own standard and accusation of making **** up and ignoring people's arguments.

My opinions come from defense of our representative system, not some blowhard supposed-billionaire politician.

Given the spectacular nature by which you fail to comprehend my opinions, I'll rest OK with the thought that you don't appreciate them. And given the verbiage you've dedicated to them, I can consider it a bald faced lie when you claim not to care in the least about them.

Cool?

👍

They used that spying to illegally unmask Trump campaign to try to alter an election. They used that spying to try to cripple the duly elected president for two years. They've used that spying to push for removal of a duly elected president. Coming up empty, they've tried to manufacture process chatges to remove him.

Trump's own FBI director testified to Congress this week that he's not aware of any illegal FBI spying. But @Orange_Crush knows the truth.

That definition of obstruction is scary. If that is the standard I dont see how literally every president, or person under federal investigation isnt guilty. You tried to effect the path of the investigation, that is some dangerously broad words. Does that apply to prosecutors as well? I doubt it does, but it should.

The possibilities of that are literally endless. Trump might be guilty under that, but I would think Hillary is as well providing a known crap piece of evidence to the investigation. Prosecutors should be guilty of that for leaning on witnesses, threatening legal actions just to get someone to cooperate, something we definitely saw in this investigation.

If that's the leg you want to stand on, congrats for killing any America I want to live in.

So you didn’t know what the law was before you said it wasn’t broken?

That’s on me? Or are you saying I passed the law? Or that I’m endorsing the law? I’m not sure it matters since none are accurate.

What standard do you think a president should be held to?

Trump's own FBI director testified to Congress this week that he's not aware of any illegal FBI spying. But @Orange_Crush knows the truth.
I know enough truth to know what he actually said. When asked if he had any evidence of illegal FBI spying, he was pointedly specific.

"Me personally?" I don't personally have any evidence of illegal spying.

When asked if he personally believed illegal spying occurred, he refused to answer due to ongoing investigations, and in that response said that he'd personally seen "limited information". So when asked about the existence of evidence, he said he's "personally" not seen evidence.

"Do you have any evidence?"

Pause...

"I don't think I personally have any evidence of that sort."

Please go back to video, as I have, and show me where he testified that he's not aware of any FBI spying, and in the context of his evasive responses and deference to the IG's ongoing investigation--including the testimony that he's seen "little information" on the subject--tell us what value it is to bring up that he had, even if that had been his testimony?

I may not know all truth, but I know enough truth on this subject to point out the problems with your arm waving response.

We should. But we know that's unrealistic. Some jobs come with a higher expectation of professionalism. Once upon a time the POTUS was such a job. It will be again.

Live in the real world...the only difference between this president and the last 3 is scripted dialog. The last 3 were 100% scripted this guy is 20% scripted, and its easy to tell when he is reading scripted material he does it so badly. He says what he is thinking not what his writers want you to hear and could care less what you think about it. I am sure you miss the daily pablum but frankly I don't. Don't be so bamboozled and don't expect a non-politician to act like a politician. You will feel better when the next president is elected in 2024, Ivanka.

So you didn’t know what the law was before you said it wasn’t broken?

That’s on me? Or are you saying I passed the law? Or that I’m endorsing the law? I’m not sure it matters since none are accurate.

What standard do you think a president should be held to?
Ones that make sense.

Under that phrasing pleading the 5th could be obstruction. Obviously, hopefully, the 5th would win out, but when application of our rights falls under the guilty category of the law something is wrong. In this case it's the law.

Unlike some however I wont jump to precrime reasoning to throw someone in jail.

Please go back to video, as I have, and show me where he testified that he's not aware of any FBI spying, and in the context of his evasive responses and deference to the IG's ongoing investigation--including the testimony that he's seen "little information" on the subject--tell us what value it is to bring up that he had, even if that had been his testimony?

What do you know the FBI did that Wray is unaware of?

What do you know the FBI did that Wray is unaware of?

I don't understand what you're asking. I don't know what he's aware of or unaware of, as he refused to say what he's aware of, unaware of, or even believes to be true per the spying. All he's said is that he doesn't personally have any evidence of illegal spying, hasn't personally seen evidence, and won't comment on it due to the IG investigation.

You claimed that he testified to the fact that he's unaware of any illegal spying, and that is patently false when one watches the video. He can be aware of the spying without having seen the evidence or personally having the evidence. As a matter of fact, his careful parsing of words sound suspiciously like he was trying to strain gnats and answer very technically when it comes to what he's aware of as opposed to what he personally has, or has seen.

Reactions: ajvol01
Ones that make sense.

Under that phrasing pleading the 5th could be obstruction. Obviously, hopefully, the 5th would win out, but when application of our rights falls under the guilty category of the law something is wrong. In this case it's the law.

Unlike some however I wont jump to precrime reasoning to throw someone in jail.
Your posts are usually thoughtful and I respect that.

The fifth amendment thing is totally wrong and that is the justification for broad obstruction statutes.

You can stay silent all day long but you can’t lie to the police, attempt to destroy evidence, or try to get the police fired. (Not legal advice, consult a lawyer).

It’s inconsistent imo that you’re seemingly not bothered by an executive branch employee falsifying White house records to mislead the public because it’s not technically illegal, or trying to exert undue influence over an investigation into his behavior because you didn’t think it was illegal, but this statute kills the America you want to live in.

Also the fact that you’re trying to turn this around on me, (maybe? I’m still not clear on that) when we’ve had discussions where I’ve advocated for a narrower criminal code.

Seems like rhetoric, to me.

Last edited:
Time for Congress to subpoena Don McGahn.

D6UgYOZUUAA5NXA.png

Time for Congress to subpoena Don McGahn.

D6UgYOZUUAA5NXA.png
Good thinking! I believe this is how you finally get him. Not by the absolute fact that he is a Russian spy, not his dementia, not his taxes, not the porn stars, not the emoluments deal, not the 25th amendment, not the racism, the misogyny, not the vulgarity, not the name calling, not his dictatorship tendencies, not firing the FBI Director, not the lies, and not even the stone cold fact that he is worse than Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot put together.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back