Music and Fist pump

I agree needs to be a sound of some sort played when they want the fist up

Music was lame and IMO disrespectful. DJ Arian Foster...really? I want some football, if I wanted to go to the club that's where I would have went. I felt it was very disrespectful to our band, our traditions, and most of all our fans. I'm 35 and like some hip hop. But not during my live UT football games. And a large number of people there didn't like the type of music. In fact, I left mid 3rd quarter and went to the baseball game because I was so disgusted with the clown show that used to be the O/W game.

I just feel like CBJ is trying a bit to hard to hype things up. The last two coaches we had brought the hype factor in the beginning as well. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: 1 person
Fist up...

220px-Carlos-Smith.jpg

They need to quit blaring the band into the mic and stadium speakers, they're already plenty lough enough. The lagged echo sounds god awful & bush league.

No they aren't. You get the house rocking in the fall and without the mics you will never ever hear the band except maybe the drums and possibly the trumpets. Meanwhile piccolos, clarinets, saxophones, mellophones, trombones, baritones, and sousas go unheard because 100,000 screaming fans can and will drown them out.

No they aren't. You get the house rocking in the fall and without the mics you will never ever hear the band except maybe the drums and possibly the trumpets. Meanwhile piccolos, clarinets, saxophones, mellophones, trombones, baritones, and sousas go unheard because 100,000 screaming fans can and will drown them out.

What is a mellophone? The band is great but it isn't why people come to the game. They don't need any help. I have never sat there and thought, 'Damn I wish I could hear the mellophone playing.'

Music was lame and IMO disrespectful. DJ Arian Foster...really? I want some football, if I wanted to go to the club that's where I would have went. I felt it was very disrespectful to our band, our traditions, and most of all our fans. I'm 35 and like some hip hop. But not during my live UT football games. And a large number of people there didn't like the type of music. In fact, I left mid 3rd quarter and went to the baseball game because I was so disgusted with the clown show that used to be the O/W game.

I just feel like CBJ is trying a bit to hard to hype things up. The last two coaches we had brought the hype factor in the beginning as well. Keep that in mind.

I agree, RichRollin.. lots of people left early, including us and we drove up from Atlanta.. I thought it was disrespectful when AF told the band, "I love ya but wait until halftime or something like that." and was playing that awful music while the teams were playing.. I pray that isn't the music for all this upcoming season.. Tennessee will have a problem then.. lots of complaints from everyone..

Reactions: 2 people
As long as CBJ respects our traditions, I have no problem with him trying to introduce new ones. Some will take, some won't. He's the captain of the ship and should be given a wide berth.

What is a mellophone? The band is great but it isn't why people come to the game. They don't need any help. I have never sat there and thought, 'Damn I wish I could hear the mellophone playing.'

Mellophone is marching French horn. Who are you to say people don't go to see the band? They may not be the main reason I go, but when I'm there, a marching band is part of the college football experience and I expect to hear them when I'm there. The full sound that includes all instruments. Not some hollow drum and trumpet sound.

Ask carson Newman about it. Took one game without a marching band to have a pep band put back in the stands and one homecoming to suddenly have the funds for one again.

I also have sat and heard many a band during a halftime show or in the stand and said "damn, they sound so hollow. Wish I could hear x instrument more to round the sound out."

I have a degree in saxophone performance and spent 9 years in a football band of some sort (see above where my 5th year in college we had no marching band because of "budget cuts") that would explain my biased stance.

Man, Wish P.M. could have made an appearance. That would have been cool to watch him DJ or Rap !
NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

foster was disrespectful to Tennessee football by fumbling and costing us wins. but magically he does not ever fumble in the pros. my guess is he don't wanna fumble his money away. i wish i would have gotten his autograph yesterday as i would have sold it immediately on ebay and made some $$$. he would be the only one i would sell though.

Reactions: 1 person
foster was disrespectful to Tennessee football by fumbling and costing us wins. but magically he does not ever fumble in the pros. my guess is he don't wanna fumble his money away. i wish i would have gotten his autograph yesterday as i would have sold it immediately on ebay and made some $$$. he would be the only one i would sell though.

He is probably at or near the top of the list in fumbles lost/carry in our history. He is doing great in the NFL and probably is not cutting lines in front of the children to get autographs from college kids.

Last edited:

You realize Foster only fumbled 5 times in his career here at UT right?

You're one heck of a fan.

I lol'd

Bring back the Stones Beatles Brother Bob the 70s man that was the days.chasing:shaking2:smoking grass and drinking some good old shine get the chills.

VN Store

Back