Music Artist or Band you absolutely hate and why

Hmmmmm....interesting question

Keith Urban- Just something about him I've never liked
ALL rap music- There is a reason rap rhymes with crap
U2- I'm probably one of the few but have never liked their music
Michael Jackson- Do I need to say why?

Billy Eilish. Not her, or even her music, at least to the point of saying hate. But the straight up garbage she has inspired, for that I hate her.

I have heard a number of songs and artists that take her style and dows something with it and it's just straight terrible. Some of her stuff is passable, but I have yet to hear any good knock offs.

Dont ask me their names, I never knew it just blocked them as soon as i did.

Unpopular opinion but, Kiss. The merchandizing is what lead to so much crap from commercial artists for like 3 or 4 decades. Their music is decent, but they cared more about selling merch than they did records and it shows imo. And it opened up the doors to record labels owning the music more than the artist did. *completely observational opinion, I have no idea if their contracts were actually different*

Paul McCartney, should have hung it up a long time ago. If he hadnt been in the beetles he would have maybe 1 hit. Just completely overrated, not bad, just overrated to the point of derision.

Billy Eilish. Not her, or even her music, at least to the point of saying hate. But the straight up garbage she has inspired, for that I hate her.

I have heard a number of songs and artists that take her style and dows something with it and it's just straight terrible. Some of her stuff is passable, but I have yet to hear any good knock offs.

Dont ask me their names, I never knew it just blocked them as soon as i did.

Unpopular opinion but, Kiss. The merchandizing is what lead to so much crap from commercial artists for like 3 or 4 decades. Their music is decent, but they cared more about selling merch than they did records and it shows imo. And it opened up the doors to record labels owning the music more than the artist did. *completely observational opinion, I have no idea if their contracts were actually different*

Paul McCartney, should have hung it up a long time ago. If he hadnt been in the beetles he would have maybe 1 hit. Just completely overrated, not bad, just overrated to the point of derision.
I completely forgot to mention The Beatles. I might get flamed for it, but I think their music absolutely sucks.

Hmmmmm....interesting question

Keith Urban- Just something about him I've never liked
ALL rap music- There is a reason rap rhymes with crap
U2- I'm probably one of the few but have never liked their music
Michael Jackson- Do I need to say why?
Agreed.

Any rap post 90's. The current stuff is gar-bage!

Luke Bryan and others of his ilk

I don't hate the Beatles, but am one of those who thinks they're overrated.

Katy Perry and 99% modern pop.

Maybe I'm just an old geezer set in my ways, but today's popular music is horrible.

Taylor Swift

Well I grew up in the 60's so anything after that started going downhill. It has finally hit bottom!

Reactions: Go aeiou
Florida Georgia Line. Pretty self-explanatory, they put one of the final nails in the coffin of country music and “inspired” a hundred copy cats looking for their song on the radio.
This ones mine as well. I dont really hate a lot of music, in fact there are many bands listed in this thread that have at least 1 song I like. I hate modern rap, but ill still listen to anything Eminem puts out.

Reactions: DeusExMachina
I like most every genre and I don't really hate anybody, but I don't like

outlaw country
male bands that are heavy with ballads
boy bands post-1995

And I don't mind pop, but I do mind when pop infiltrates other genres, like pop country sucks. All the pop-sounding punk bands of the 2000's are annoying. Remember when rappers were constantly doing duets that were more pop than hip hop? Terrible. All of this can be fun for a song or two, but kill me on a road trip where these are the types of stations we're listening to.

Since somebody (a couple people) mentioned my #1 (FGL), here's a couple more:

System of a Down: Daron Malakian's absolutely amazing guitar work is ruined by Serj Tankian's stupid vocals.
Smashing Pumpkins: Billy Corgan whines, he doesn't sing.
Audioslave/Soundgarden: Hated Chris Cornell's singing voice.
Nirvana: NOT A SINGLE D*MN ONE OF THEIR SONGS MAKES SENSE.

The Eagles - this shared hatred bonded me with the Dude.

Dave Matthews Band
I saw you post this many years ago in some thread in some forum, don't remember. But every time I see you I think about that. You explained why and I don't remember that either.

Anyway, I'll always remember you as the dude that hates one of my favorite bands. Lol.

Reactions: volinbham
I saw you post this many years ago in some thread in some forum, don't remember. But every time I see you I think about that. You explained why and I don't remember that either.

Anyway, I'll always remember you as the dude that hates one of my favorite bands. Lol.
My mom has always been a big Eagles fan. Growing up she either played them or Rod Stewart the majority of the time. I would definitely have to go with the eagles over RS for sure.

VN Store

Back