Music Artist or Band you absolutely hate and why

Buncha haterz up in herr.

All of you are wrong on at least one.

Since somebody (a couple people) mentioned my #1 (FGL), here's a couple more:

System of a Down: Daron Malakian's absolutely amazing guitar work is ruined by Serj Tankian's stupid vocals.
Smashing Pumpkins: Billy Corgan whines, he doesn't sing.
Audioslave/Soundgarden: Hated Chris Cornell's singing voice.
Nirvana: NOT A SINGLE D*MN ONE OF THEIR SONGS MAKES SENSE.
I gotta disagree on Chris Cornell he was one of the greatest rock frontman ever. A shame how his life ended.

Reactions: norrislakevol
There are certain songs I want to sling the radio out of the truck if they come on (take it easy, Hotel California I'm looking at you) but there are a bunch of others I really like Wasted time, teenage jail etc.

I hate Led Zeppelin. Lol.
. Zepp is kinda overrated

Do they even make any southern rock anymore? MySpace helped me discover lots of good music. More than streaming services honestly

Do they even make any southern rock anymore? MySpace helped me discover lots of good music. More than streaming services honestly
Zac Brown is about as close as I've seen. The Dirty Guvnahs from K-town also have some good stuff.

Reactions: PowerT83
I saw you post this many years ago in some thread in some forum, don't remember. But every time I see you I think about that. You explained why and I don't remember that either.

Anyway, I'll always remember you as the dude that hates one of my favorite bands. Lol.
Yeah, Early Eagles album were great.

Reactions: Behr
Well I have already seen a lot of bands mentioned that I don't like. I cannot stand any bro country or modern rap. Bro country is the most fake crap I have ever heard. Sing about a pick up truck and a dirt road (those guys couldn't even find a dirt road) and you have yourself a hit it seems. Modern rap is some of the most annoying and offensive stuff I have ever heard. There is absolutely nothing even remotely artistic about it.

Besides that:

Bruce Springsteen: BORING!
U2 : BORING!
Dave Mathews: Waaaay over rated.
John Mayer: Waaaay over rated.
Mumford and Sons: LOL!
Coldplay: How can one band make so many bad songs that make you want to cut your wrists? Total snooze fest. If I ever actually hear one of their songs in it's entirety then I have to immediately listen to 3 Ozzy Osbourne songs, 3 Megadeth songs, 3 Guns N Roses songs, and 3 Iron Maiden songs in a row just to get my manhood back.

Reactions: DeusExMachina

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, music is obviously a personal preference. But anyone that says Bruce Springsteen is boring is not familiar with his full library, and has clearly not seen him live. I have seen every live act imaginable, across basically every genre of music, and no one comes remotely close to a live Bruce Springsteen show. Ironically, or maybe coincidentally, U2 is the second best live band I’ve ever seen.

Greatest live band of all time - Bruce:
Rolling Stone Readers Pick the Top Ten Live Acts of All Time – Rolling Stone

Greatest live band right now - Bruce:
50 Greatest Live Acts Right Now

Note: I understand that both Bruce and U2 have turned people off because of their politics, but thankfully I am able to separate music from politics.

Well I have already seen a lot of bands mentioned that I don't like. I cannot stand any bro country or modern rap. Bro country is the most fake crap I have ever heard. Sing about a pick up truck and a dirt road (those guys couldn't even find a dirt road) and you have yourself a hit it seems. Modern rap is some of the most annoying and offensive stuff I have ever heard. There is absolutely nothing even remotely artistic about it.

Besides that:

Dave Mathews: Waaaay over rated.
John Mayer: Waaaay over rated.
Mumford and Sons: LOL!
Coldplay: How can one band make so many bad songs that make you want to cut your wrists? Total snooze fest. If I ever actually hear one of their songs in it's entirety then I have to immediately listen to 3 Ozzy Osbourne songs, 3 Megadeth songs, 3 Guns N Roses songs, and 3 Iron Maiden songs in a row just to get my manhood back.
U2 is MOSTLY boring. But by gosh, Joshua Tree was an almost flawless album

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, music is obviously a personal preference. But anyone that says Bruce Springsteen is boring is not familiar with his full library, and has clearly not seen him live. I have seen every live act imaginable, across basically every genre of music, and no one comes remotely close to a live Bruce Springsteen show. Ironically, or maybe coincidentally, U2 is the second best live band I’ve ever seen.

Greatest live band of all time - Bruce:
Rolling Stone Readers Pick the Top Ten Live Acts of All Time – Rolling Stone

Greatest live band right now - Bruce:
50 Greatest Live Acts Right Now

Note: I understand that both Bruce and U2 have turned people off because of their politics, but thankfully I am able to separate music from politics.
I respectfully disagree. The greatest Live Act performing today is CLEARLY Gogol Bordello

ANY performers under the classification of 'Boy Band," with the possible exception of Justin Timberlake. I don't go out of my way to listen to his music, but he is talented.

Under country, I can't stand Jason Aldean. To me, everything he releases as a single sounds very similar, and he comes off arrogant as hell to me. Just my personal preference.

In rock, no group off the top of my head, but radio has overplayed songs like "No One Like You," from Scorpions and "Rock and Roll All Nite" from Kiss so much that I change the station every time they come on. And the bad part of that is I've seen both Scorpions and Kiss in concert during their prime, and they were among the most memorable concerts I've attended.

ANY performers under the classification of 'Boy Band," with the possible exception of Justin Timberlake. I don't go out of my way to listen to his music, but he is talented.

Under country, I can't stand Jason Aldean. To me, everything he releases as a single sounds very similar, and he comes off arrogant as hell to me. Just my personal preference.

In rock, no group off the top of my head, but radio has overplayed songs like "No One Like You," from Scorpions and "Rock and Roll All Nite" from Kiss so much that I change the station every time they come on. And the bad part of that is I've seen both Scorpions and Kiss in concert during their prime, and they were among the most memorable concerts I've attended.
I've run into Jason Aldean a couple of time walking on the sidewalks of Nashville. It's been a few yers, but he was anything but arrogant.
First time I did'nt know who he was and he didn't say. Flipped on the TV that night and he was hosting the CMA awards. I'm not into country and I didn't watch.
Maybe he has changed in the last 5 years?

I've run into Jason Aldean a couple of time walking on the sidewalks of Nashville. It's been a few yers, but he was anything but arrogant.
First time I did'nt know who he was and he didn't say. Flipped on the TV that night and he was hosting the CMA awards. I'm not into country and I didn't watch.
Maybe he has changed in the last 5 years?
And perhaps I'm wrong about him.

I’m going with Blake Shelton. Because he doesn’t write songs or play instruments. It’s bizarre to me that a guy like that can make it big. He’s essentially a karaoke singer

I’m going with Blake Shelton. Because he doesn’t write songs or play instruments. It’s bizarre to me that a guy like that can make it big. He’s essentially a karaoke singer
Doesn't he have an attractive wife?
On a talent contest show as a judge?
He supposedly plays the guitar. I've neve seen him do anything.

VN Store

Back