"My Pillow" Sues Dominion For $1.6 Billion

That VW deal showed the complete stupidity of our government and the emissions regulations.

I remember being down in LaFayette GA many years ago and come across the recalled VW's....thousands of them in a lot. I aaked what they were going to do with them and they said "scrap". I was like wth...tires are good, bodies are good, etc... At least give them to the unfortunate..Guess they were considered tainted.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, someone was yanking my chain. I think.

For randos on the internet or private conversations? No. How would anyone in the case ever find out.

These are public figures, who made public comments. I believe it's been said multiple times they give up their right to privacy as elected figures. I dont see anyway you could say these comments werent designed to influence the results, vs some random comment on some aspect of the trial.

In this case I believe the judiciary should be able to preserve its neutrality from interference from both the legislative and executive branches. Checks and balances arent being all powerful. Especially considering the courts, above the other two branches, should have no outside interference.
You’re gonna have to find a new country. That can’t happen here. I recommend Iran or North Korea.

I thought that the private sector is where we wanted things, you know - cost and efficiency? Plus, since when did you start trusting government agency's again? IRS, CIA, FBI, McRib have all been in the crosshairs of the Trumpers. Why should anyone believe that you'd suddenly be OK with a .gov agency being in charge of the voting machines? You guys have kind of shot your wad by not trusting the government or now, the private sector.

It really should be implicit and contractually agreed that when a private company or individual develops a product for a company or government that the result is owned by the purchaser. How would the military maintain hardware if the manufacturer said "Oh, it's proprietary; you aren't entitled to know how it works"? Besides anybody who completes and introductory computer course should be able to write a program that tabulates inputs ... particularly when the input is a series of 1s. 1+1=2+1=3+1=4 ...

I remember being down in LaFayette GA many years ago and come across the recalled VW's....thousands of them in a lot. I aaked what they were going to do with them and they said "scrap". I was like wth...tires are good, bodies are good, etc... At least give them to the unfortunate..Guess they were considered tainted.

My brother had one, he drives 100 plus miles a day, it got 40 some mpg and he really liked the car. They gave him the option of them buying it back or doing the reprogramming, they told him after reprogramming it would get around 25 mpg and horsepower would be reduced. So our .gov in it's infinite wisdom wants cars using almost twice the fuel but 10% less tailpipe emissions.

My brother had one, he drives 100 plus miles a day, it got 40 some mpg and he really liked the car. They gave him the option of them buying it back or doing the reprogramming, they told him after reprogramming it would get around 25 mpg and horsepower would be reduced. So our .gov in it's infinite wisdom wants cars using almost twice the fuel but 10% less tailpipe emissions.

That is amazing.

Reactions: AM64

EDIT: Now that I think about it, someone was yanking my chain. I think.

Probably sold those VW's to the Chinese to be recycled ... Germans know a thing or two about profiting from trade restrictions.

Reactions: hog88
Oh I agree. The parties took over a long time ago and ruined any shred any resemblance of a republic we might have.
Did your mother never tell you that advocating for an authoritarian hellscape robs your self righteousness of its effectiveness?

That is amazing.

It's absolutely crazy. We get 6-8 mpgs in our big trucks about what big trucks have always gotten even before emissions. With all the new tech like auto shifters, fuel injection technology and aerodynamics they would be in the 15 mpg range and only spewing about 10% more pollutants.

It really should be implicit and contractually agreed that when a private company or individual develops a product for a company or government that the result is owned by the purchaser. How would the military maintain hardware if the manufacturer said "Oh, it's proprietary; you aren't entitled to know how it works"? Besides anybody who completes and introductory computer course should be able to write a program that tabulates inputs ... particularly when the input is a series of 1s. 1+1=2+1=3+1=4 ...

When companies start "giving you the rights to the code" that runs on the hardware, then they've just signed the death warrant for their company. It's why you own your iphone, but you don't own or have the right to see the software code that resides on it. Stealing protected intellectual property is why your boi trump levied tariffs against Chi-NA.

As rudimentary as you believe the tabulation software to be, feel free to start a voting machine company with the my pillow guy and give up all your trade secrets and how and why your software is superior enough to your competitors to be used.

Your argument is myopic, silly and uninformed.

It's absolutely crazy. We get 6-8 mpgs in our big trucks about what big trucks have always gotten even before emissions. With all the new tech like auto shifters, fuel injection technology and aerodynamics they would be in the 15 mpg range and only spewing about 10% more pollutants.

Consider the push to electric vehicles, and battery weight. Storing energy in a battery doesn't change the weight, and weight is most definitely a factor in mileage. At least with vehicles burning fuel to produce power the weight is constantly decreasing until refueled. Also adding ethanol which negatively affects mileage to begin with is like driving around with extra government mandated weight that serves no useful purpose ... except to a bureaucrat.

Reactions: McDad and hog88
When companies start "giving you the rights to the code" that runs on the hardware, then they've just signed the death warrant for their company. It's why you own your iphone, but you don't own or have the right to see the software code that resides on it. Stealing protected intellectual property is why your boi trump levied tariffs against Chi-NA.

As rudimentary as you believe the tabulation software to be, feel free to start a voting machine company with the my pillow guy and give up all your trade secrets and how and why your software is superior enough to your competitors to be used.

You are reaching..big time. This is software to count votes, for a public election, not private iPhone "code". How freakin difficult or "coded" can it be?

Reactions: AM64

I specifically didn't say anything about a company keeping it's hardware/software proprietary with respect to a market for individuals. In fact, I included the example of sales to the military which will have to maintain and keep the product working without assistance. There's a specific difference in developing products for the open market vs developing a contracted product.

You are reaching..big time. This is software to count votes, for a public election, not private iPhone "code". How freakin difficult or "coded" can it be?

How am I reaching? These are the same principles at work.

Hardware is worthless without the software to tell it what to do. Dominion created a better mousetrap and earned their way into polling stations.

If were as easy as you suggest, everyone would be churning out vote tabulation machines.

I specifically didn't say anything about a company keeping it's hardware/software proprietary with respect to a market for individuals. In fact, I included the example of sales to the military which will have to maintain and keep the product working without assistance. There's a specific difference in developing products for the open market vs developing a contracted product.

Military specific software is often developed under the watchful eye and in conjunction with vetted contractors. Just because the pentagon buys Windows 10 licensing doesn't mean that the .gov gets a peak at the source code.

How am I reaching? These are the same principles at work.

Hardware is worthless without the software to tell it what to do. Dominion created a better mousetrap and earned their way into polling stations.

If were as easy as you suggest, everyone would be churning out vote tabulation machines.

Well if you dont know the software, how can you say it is "better" mousetrap. Again, how difficult is it to convert a touchscreen input into a vote count? Why would it output a paper ballot in barcode?

Reactions: VolinWayne and AM64
Military specific software is often developed under the watchful eye and in conjunction with vetted contractors. Just because the pentagon buys Windows 10 licensing doesn't mean that the .gov gets a peak at the source code.

That may be correct, but government also knowingly bought an open market product supposedly with applicable restrictions. And, of course, that open market software (Windows) may have to do with why government and industry are so easily hacked and classified data compromised. When government buys purpose built equipment, it's different. In this case government would be absolutely stupid to buy closed source/ open market voting systems considering the implications. We aren't talking rocket science particularly on the software. The tabulator hardware maybe, but that stuff has been around since the first standardized test was scanned.

Well if you dont know the software, how can you say it is "better" mousetrap. Again, how difficult is it to convert a touchscreen input into a vote count? Why would it output a paper ballot in barcode?

So the voter doesn't know who he/she really voted for obviously - big brother knows better. BTW, I'm agreeing with your comment; converting touchscreen input to an barcode even if it spits out a ticket with names is sheer genius when it comes to being underhanded. How that added complexity improves any process except reducing the amount of paper involved is bind boggling - falls directly under shiny object and fascination for the mentally challenged.

VN Store

Back