'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Lol. Her write up back in the winter struck me as so arrogant and dismissive of us when it was already clear we were in the thick of this recruitment. Makes me wish Clemson hadn’t folded early so we could enjoy their tears too.
The vitriol here is thick on this one. Things I’ve heard recently.

- TN knew they sucked as a program so have just emptied their coffers to get relevant again. Will run out of money soon.

- This one guy said he had a coworker who was Sanders’ tutor and she said “he has terrible parents who aren’t ever around. Only showed up recently to shop their son and he has begged them to go to Clemson.” LOL

- TN will never be able to recruit good defensive players with our style of play so it doesn’t matter (are you blind??)

- TN has helped ruin college football. I told them “I’ve helped ruin Clemson, not CFB”

It’s amazing.

- TN knew they sucked as a program so have just emptied their coffers to get relevant again. Will run out of money soon.

- This one guy said he had a coworker who was Sanders’ tutor and she said “he has terrible parents who aren’t ever around. Only showed up recently to shop their son and he has begged them to go to Clemson.” LOL

- TN will never be able to recruit good defensive players with our style of play so it doesn’t matter (are you blind??)

- TN has helped ruin college football. I told them “I’ve helped ruin Clemson, not CFB”

It’s amazing.
Spyre is a savvy business enitity.

Clemson is a farm, with college nearby.

TN HAS recruited defensive players.

Sander's has very good parents, least from this vantage point.

It’s amazing.
I want to play them again so we can kick their ass one more time.

Oh also

- TN has always been a bunch of cheaters and we never did anything under the table before NIL era.

LOL
There is no shortage of irony to that claim. I mean, 1981 wasn't that long ago ...

When Clemson was busted for cheating under Danny Ford, it directly involved a Clemson booster living in Knoxville at the time, named Buck Breazeale. He threw hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, cars and other assorted gifts at two highly touted Rule High School (now defunct) football prospects named James Cofer and Terry Minor. It was a black cloud over their 1981 Championship season. ABC Sports was going to air a story on the investigation before their broadcast of Clemson vs South Carolina that November. Danny Ford threatened to keep the team in the locker room and refuse to play the game, if ABC aired it .... ABC gave in.

Also, Cofer and Minor tried to back out of it, so they could come to Tennessee, but Majors saw them as being damaged goods. They ended up never playing college football anywhere. That was a sad situation, and completely the fault of Clemson.

It’s amazing.
Charley Pell and Danny Ford are two of the most infamous cheaters in college football history .... and they were both former Alabama assistants, who became head coaches at Clemson. It sounds like they have a self-awareness problem in Clemson.

Some good stuff below from Steve Wiltfong of On3 about not only David Sanders but out whole class. The future is bright and Orange.

Commitment coming for No. 1 OT​

"Charlotte (NC) Providence Day School five-star plus offensive tackle David Sanders Jr. will announce his college plans on Saturday during a 12:30 pm ceremony at this school. The nearly 6-foot-6, 276-pound Sanders finalists are Georgia, Nebraska, Ohio State and Tennessee. The Vols are humming on the On3 RPM.

There was a time in the early spring and summer where the Buckeyes looked like a formidable challenger to the Vols, but five visits to Knoxville this calendar year including the final stop of the process has put the Checkered Orange in prime position to land the coveted franchise tackle target.

Tennessee has On3’s No. 9 ranked recruiting class headlined by quarterback George MacIntyre. MacIntyre has been pivotal from a peer recruiting aspect in courting Sanders who enjoys being around the Vols commits and players.

Between the trajectory of Tennessee’s program, proximity to home, offensive line coach Glen Elarbee’s recent track record of developing players and the resources the Vols have poured into this recruitment, they stand in great position to score Sanders commitment this weekend.

The On3 Industry ranks Sanders as the country’s No. 2 prospect overall. Pair Sanders with another class jewel in the On3 Industry’s No. 3 interior offensive lineman Douglas Utu and that is a fantastic offensive line haul that could set a program at the point of attack for years to come.

Vols landing championship level prospects

Josh Heupel and his staff have had several big recruiting wins in this 2025 cycle.

Alongside On3’s No. 1 ranked prospect and quarterback Bryce Underwood, MacIntyre was as coveted as any prospect in the land at the position. He chose to stay in-state and play in Knoxville over Alabama, LSU, Michigan and many others. No program is recruiting high school quarterbacks better right now than Tennessee.

Like Sanders and MacIntyre, the 6-foot-4, 315-pound Utu could’ve chose any program in the country he wanted.

The Vols have brought in a nice blend of receivers and tight ends this cycle. Four-stars Travis Smith Jr. and Radarious Jackson highlight the work done at wide out. The 6-foot-2, 184-pound Jackson particularly has all the traits to be one of the most dynamic pass catchers in the SEC. As a junior Jackson averaged over 11 yards per carry gaining 782 yards and scoring nine touchdowns and was explosive when the ball was thrown his way averaging over 23 yards per catch on his way to 696 yards and 13 more scores. He had 63 touchdowns, eight interceptions, two pick sixes and a punt return for a score. Not many stuffed the box score like Jackson did last season.

Tennessee has one of the top tight end hauls in the country flipping the No. 4 prospect at the position DaSaahn Brame from Oregon and also pulling in four-star Jack Van Dorselaer out of the Lone Star State addressing a huge position of need in 2025. Brame averaged over 20 yards per catch, racking up 45 receptions for 942 yards and 13 touchdowns. Van Dorselaer is a big target that averaged over 21 yards per catch, scoring six times on just 15 receptions. He is a complete player at the position.

Tennessee beat nearly all the top programs in the SEC for safety Lagonza Hayward, pass rusher Christian Gass and defensive lineman Mariyon Dye have as much upside as any prospects committed in the conference.

Heupel and company have 21 commitments and looking for a few more.

Other Tennessee targets

Four-star cornerback Onis Konanbanny will commit on Aug. 23 and like Sanders the Vols are trending on the On3 RPM. Hayward is one of five defensive backs already committed and Konanbanny would put the finishing touches on a strong haul in the secondary.

Tennessee is still on the hunt for another running back in the 2025 cycle. Buford (Ga.) High’s Justin Baker has been in the fold since October 2023.

I believe the Vols would like to take another linebacker and will evaluate senior risers during the season while also hunting potential flips."

VN Store

Back