'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

I know people have made a thing out of the misspelling of David Sanders name on a name card at dinner but in my opinion this isn’t an issue. Could he end up elsewhere? Sure but he isn’t making a decision based off an honest mistake by a recruiting staffer. Things have went really well there this weekend.
-AP

We just a had a Pro Bowler call us out for mangling his name during the Butch era. Still carries a chip over it.

Apparently, stuff like this matters, so we would do well to get it right. Make your layups.
Don’t think this one is a huge deal for the family. Nowhere near the big snafu that Butch did.

Butch totally ignored a rising player that would become the #1 player in the country. That did irk TL’s family and played a huge role in TL not picking TN. Lawrence wanted to be a Vol.

I don’t think the spelling error is an issue at all. More just surprised that the error fell through the cracks is all.
Yeah that’s kinda where I’m at. Will it affect anything in his recruitment? No probably not
However it’s kinda sad we couldn’t have one person look through the cards to make sure everything was correct and good to go

Don’t think this one is a huge deal for the family. Nowhere near the big snafu that Butch did.

Butch totally ignored a rising player that would become the #1 player in the country. That did irk TL’s family and played a huge role in TL not picking TN. Lawrence wanted to be a Vol.
I’m still in the “make your layups” camp, on this one.

If you were a startup courting investors, you wouldn’t want to misspell the name of your biggest potential investor. And our coaches sell these kids on family atmosphere and being a detail-oriented program. Little stuff like this undermines your own pitch.

I’m still in the “make your layups” camp, on this one.

If you were a startup courting investors, you wouldn’t want to misspell the name of your biggest potential investor. And our coaches sell these kids on family atmosphere and being a detail-oriented program. Little stuff like this undermines your own pitch.
Davis won't care

Yeah that’s kinda where I’m at. Will it affect anything in his recruitment? No probably not
However it’s kinda sad we couldn’t have one person look through the cards to make sure everything was correct and good to go
😂 Typos happen. Most kids and their parents aren’t as concerned with that as with the time coaches spend with them and how much their recruitment is personalized. A lot goes into these weekends, there’s always something that falls between the cracks for everyone.

Reactions: Glitch

Butch didn’t ignore Trevor Lawrence. He visited and didn’t buy in to what Butch was selling…same as Trevor Etienne. You may be getting your Georgia boys recruiting stories mixed up. Justin Fields and his dad visited on their own dime before his junior season and no one on the staff knew they were coming and didn’t adjust to meet them. They were both bitter towards the staff afterwards.

It’s not over but it is still embarrassing and a bad look. Especially with such a common name like david
It happens. They’ll have a laugh over it I bet. Pretty sure David knows how much he means to this staff and a printing error at one meal isn’t going to change that. Some yall need to get a grip (looking at you BOT). They’re kids but they still have values and I’m sure that name card that some student assistant was probably responsible for is not on the list of deciding factors.

It happens. They’ll have a laugh over it I bet. Pretty sure David knows how much he means to this staff and a printing error at one meal isn’t going to change that. Some yall need to get a grip. They’re kids but they still have values and I’m sure that name card that some student assistant was probably responsible for is not on the list of deciding factors.
It just how easy it is to avoid is my irk. Hell I will spell check for free if they need someone to do that

Reactions: Jimmy Football

VN Store

Back