'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

There is a lot of work/conversations happening in the background right now to make sure we bring this one home. We are right at the edge of the finish line, staying vigilant on all fronts. GBO
Meaning we had to up our offer is what I got from this.

I could use a hug from Elmo
Baby Elmo Potty GIF - Baby Elmo Potty Potty Training - Discover & Share GIFs

If we swing and Amish on all three of our last OT prospects, that will be dissappointing. Only bc we need linemen in this class. And every class.
Yeah ..... but we are still in the running for 2 Jehovah's Witnesses at OT .... Not a big drop off, if you ask me.

(Auto-correct does more harm than good to posts, in my experience.)

So I’ve been hesitant to speak on this kids recruitment due to the fact that there is a lot of talk going on, back and forth.

Think we feel good about getting him but man if y’all could see the NIL offer that Ohio St put up, it’s CRAZY!

Really think it’s a 2 team race. Huskers are there but I think it’s between 2 teams.

I’m going with them VOLS but it’s only by a slim margin.

So I’ve been hesitant to speak on this kids recruitment due to the fact that there is a lot of talk going on, back and forth.

Think we feel good about getting him but man if y’all could see the NIL offer that Ohio St put up, it’s CRAZY!

Really think it’s a 2 team race. Huskers are there but I think it’s between 2 teams.

I’m going with them VOLS but it’s only by a slim margin.
Is our nil offer in the ballpark of theirs?

Reactions: Smokey19rt

I’m going with them VOLS but it’s only by a slim margin
Welcome to college football 2024 edition!Guess this is where we find out if all those personal friendships and good feeling's rang true or if its just more of the same and its "Show me the money"!!

Ohio State mod. Long and short, they have missed on some OL and their mod has the perception that they HAVE to land Sanders, which I'm sure their staff (and apparently NIL collective) feel as well.

Offensive Line strategy needs to change

One area that continues to be somewhat of a mystery as far as Ohio State having success on the trail is the offensive line.

The Buckeyes could end up with an outstanding class if they finish the job on Sanders or land Josh Petty (or both), and also get guard prospect Jayvon McFadden in the hopper. But if they don't land any of those three, they could be in big trouble with just Carter Lowe and Jake Cook committed at the position right now.

The problem on the latter scenario is that there is just no clear cut back-up options should the Buckeyes swing and miss on Sanders (Nebraska/Tennessee), Petty (FSU/Tennessee/GT/Stanford), or McFadden (Colorado, Florida, others). And there weren't too many other options prior to these upcoming decisions, reason being is that Justin Frye and the staff just have not cast a wide enough net, early enough, to land the caliber of quantity and quality needed.

I do like the approach of being more selective and really trying to hone in on the guys at the top of the board. That said, the strategy has back fired a bit the last two cycles, and it's been too little, too late when it comes to trying to circle back with other targets after missing on the top guys. It's clear a refined approach to offensive line recruiting is needed inside the WHAC for next cycle.

Never count out NIL

We have certainly seen the impact that NIL has made on recruiting the last couple of years, especially for Ohio State, who was not prepared to go into battle the way they needed to on the NIL-front until the 2025 cycle.

That said, even with the Buckeyes' efforts in the area greatly improved, NIL is still a problem at times for the program on the recruiting trail, and is causing some recruitments that most thought were going a certain way to pull a 180 and go a completely different direction.

Ohio State mods talk about NIL being short all the time too. Day spoke to it directly last year, but the mods have carried it in every article since. Their collective and staff probably want the media to constantly hit on NIL so the staff doesn't have to, and to constantly advertise for members/donations.

More from OSU mods:

1) At the top of the Buckeyes' list of recruits to add to their 2025 recruiting class is offensive lineman David Sanders Jr. There has been talk of Sanders and his family getting back to at least one or maybe two schools this week. This Morning, I spoke with David Sanders Sr. and he told me as of right now, the family is still trying to plan things out. He said he, his wife and David Jr. will talk later today or this evening and decide whether or not they will go back out on the road this weekend. David Sr. said if David Jr. feels he has enough information at this point to make his decision, then they probably won't go back out on the road, but if he feels he doesn't have enough information, they likely would go back out. David Sr. said IF they go back out on the road this weekend Ohio State is a possibility to visit again.

2) I am also told by a separate source that if Sanders and his family go back out on the road a visit to Tennessee on July 31 is possible because that is the first day of practice for Tennessee and the last day before the dead period stars on Aug. 1, and Sanders has not been to Nebraska as many times as the other schools so they have really been pushing to get him back on campus over the next week.

juxtapose that update (from yesterday) with what AP has been saying since last Friday -- they won't be making visits. I guess we'll see who has the better relationship with the family.

his decision will involve both academics and NIL as well as where he feels most comfortable.

As far as who finishes in the Buckeyes' class, as things stand right now I'll go with Ohio State getting David Sanders Jr., but that one absolutely could go either way Ohio State or Tennessee and I am being told not to rule out Nebraska.

to me those OSU posts sound like they think they are in second.

saying that he would be going back to OSU or Nebraska because he doesn't have enough info. but going to Tennessee to watch practice. at least sounds different to me.

the NIL stuff just kinda sounds like soft selling to prep their fans to what is coming.

I'm curious what the perks for the family would be. Season tickets on the 50. Flights to every home game? This is getting interesting.

Reactions: white65

VN Store

Back