'25 NC OT David Sanders (Tennessee commit)

Glen is a great coach but not a good recruiter. This isn’t changing. He resonates with 1 out of every 10 kids in recruitment and the kids love him once they get here but he just doesn’t show well.

We’ve done a nice job augmenting with people around him that help but if you go name by name on the kids and why we got them, Glen is not a top 2/3 reason:
- Campbell: 1. Spyre 2. Milton
- LHeard: 1. Spyre 2. Playing time
- JHeard: 1. Chop 2. Not sure?
- Warren: 1. Heup 2. Spyre 3. KP/Glen?
- Sanders: 1. GMac 2. Heup 3. Spyre 4. Glen?
- Satter: maybe Glen and KP?
Interesting breakdown. Clearly Spyre (or any other collective) is a major factor in all recruitment, but it's comforting to see CJH name factor in your analysis. We hear all the time about how "Dabo/Kirby/Mack/etc" is such a great recruiter, but I've never had a good feel about Heup (other than QB and WR, where his track record recruits itself). In the college football media circles, his name is never mentioned as a slick recruiter like say, that guy down at Auburn who paid guys at Ole Miss. I would think you want your head man to be an ace recruiter instead of being reliant on hot-shot assistants that could leave the program. Heup seems like an authentic, relatable guy and clearly he's recruiting well. Glad to hear he's a major factor in players other than offensive skill positions.

Interesting breakdown. Clearly Spyre (or any other collective) is a major factor in all recruitment, but it's comforting to see CJH name factor in your analysis. We hear all the time about how "Dabo/Kirby/Mack/etc" is such a great recruiter, but I've never had a good feel about Heup (other than QB and WR, where his track record recruits itself). In the college football media circles, his name is never mentioned as a slick recruiter like say, that guy down at Auburn who paid guys at Ole Miss. I would think you want your head man to be an ace recruiter instead of being reliant on hot-shot assistants that could leave the program. Heup seems like an authentic, relatable guy and clearly he's recruiting well. Glad to hear he's a major factor in players other than offensive skill positions.
Yeah he’s gotten really good at it.

I think Spyre has to carry more water with OL than other positions due to some recruiting deficiencies but Glen is a great football coach.

I think Spyre has to carry more water with OL than other positions due to some recruiting deficiencies but Glen is a great football coach.
I think Heupel has upgraded the staff in terms of recruiting. Compared to Bama, Georgia, LSU Florida and all of them I think we’re better positioned recruiting wise

Reactions: LaagerVol
I think Heupel has upgraded the staff in terms of recruiting. Compared to Bama, Georgia, LSU Florida and all of them I think we’re better positioned recruiting wise
Maybe it’s a matter of semantics but I don’t think we’ve hired better recruiters in terms of upgrading. Our existing guys have gotten better though.

Those 2021 and 22’ classes weren’t going to cut it in this era. Realized that and made some changes.
2021 was pruitt and then Huepel for like 1 month so I wouldn't really put that on him at all. 2022 was Heupels first full class. So really Heup's second full class was was 11th overall in 2023. Not bad

Glen is not the most charismatic guy in person so I can see him having to play the long game with his targets. Fundamentally, best OL coach we’ve had in a hot minute.

Nebraska is officially on the clock:

First video on that FB page shows him arriving

GettyImages-1132230753-2048x1368.jpg

ALL you can see in EVERY direction...

Wrong. JoeyVols32 says you not only know Atlanta Vol, but he’s your ticket broker. I just don’t think you’re as credible on the subject of who you know and don’t know as Joey is.

My bad! I guess I got him and someone else mixed up, or maybe I've just completely lost my mind. Sorry about that

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back