NC State DC says about Vols …

ZoeVol

Championship Time Again
“When I looked out, we first broke our huddle to run on the field, we had eight new starters.”
"The speed of this game that we're about to go to, we've not seen anything like it, preseason, fall camp, as far as the tempo that they use. That's our biggest adjustment right now. What we're looking for is we have to play very, very fundamentally sound. We have to communicate. I can't say that word enough. If we don't, it will be ugly!

He sounds a little worried!

It's seems to me JH has slowed the offense a bit.
Of course it was Chattanooga, I noticed it in the bowl game as well. But we might see warp factor six the next game. 💪
It was faster. They slowed it down with the backup QBs, but the plays per minute when Nico was QB was higher than it was in 23 or 22.

I was watching some NC State Youtubers today and they seem to think that the NC State WR (Kevin "KC" Concepcion) is going to be the best player on the field Saturday. I beg to differ we probably have at least 3-4 athletes better than him:
Nico, James Jr., Thornton, and maybe Bru (because of the dog inside him)

“When I looked out, we first broke our huddle to run on the field, we had eight new starters.”
"The speed of this game that we're about to go to, we've not seen anything like it, preseason, fall camp, as far as the tempo that they use. That's our biggest adjustment right now. What we're looking for is we have to play very, very fundamentally sound. We have to communicate. I can't say that word enough. If we don't, it will be ugly!

Actual footage of NC State DC talking to the head coach.
taffer-worried.gif

I was watching some NC State Youtubers today and they seem to think that the NC State WR (Kevin "KC" Concepcion) is going to be the best player on the field Saturday. I beg to differ we probably have at least 3-4 athletes better than him:
If Pili and Carter can play fundamental ball underneath we can hit him pretty good. I expect a lot of crossing routes, mesh routes and a lot slip screens designed to get Pearce and Ends up the field and get Concepcion the ball.

He didn’t get hit at all against Western. We need to hit him all the time. Every time he moves hit him. He needs to remember us after Saturday, not vice versa.

It was faster. They slowed it down with the backup QBs, but the plays per minute when Nico was QB was higher than it was in 23 or 22.
He is not all speed I think he has continued to grow as a coach and I see him being more patient in the redzone it’s gets going really fast after that initial first down… Nico operated the system with maximal efficiency… tempo is a weapon but not the only thing that defines the offense.

"8 new starters" . Ok good luck with stopping that offense! And McCall sat out a good portion of last season with an injury, so If The Pass Rush gets to him and hits him a lick, (and they will) he may start hearing footsteps and be like "I can't get hurt again" . MOF He is probably looking at the UT film and thinking that already... Vols roll.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Better, best, who knows I do know that he is very good, so we had better know where he is at all times.

Exactly. Nico and Co snapped the ball with 30 seconds left on the play clock. Heup keot the clock moving in the 2nd half ti get the game over quicker, imo. Otherwise, we may have hung 82-85.

If Pili and Carter can play fundamental ball underneath we can hit him pretty good. I expect a lot of crossing routes, mesh routes and a lot slip screens designed to get Pearce and Ends up the field and get Concepcion the ball.

He didn’t get hit at all against Western. We need to hit him all the time. Every time he moves hit him. He needs to remember us after Saturday, not vice versa.
Our LBs and secondary need to step up. They weren’t challenged against Chattanooga, so I’m curious to see how they play vs. State.

Pili should have a good yr imo. He’s 26 yrs old and has a high IQ, too.

Some of us can recall the 2022 South Carolina game and the prediction of a vol blow out. Well it was very one sided. Just saying.

Some of us can recall the 2022 South Carolina game and the prediction of a vol blow out. Well it was very one sided. Just saying.
Yah, the result of that game was Michigan+USCe 63, Vols 38.

Because if South Carolina had been on their own that day, it woulda been a lot like the following year: Vols 41, USCe 20.

Or...are you saying NC State is also going to have our play signals on cards on their wrists?

Go Vols!

Last edited:
It's seems to me JH has slowed the offense a bit.
Of course it was Chattanooga, I noticed it in the bowl game as well. But we might see warp factor six the next game. 💪
They slow it down in the red zone

VN Store

Back