NC State DC says about Vols …

“When I looked out, we first broke our huddle to run on the field, we had eight new starters.”
"The speed of this game that we're about to go to, we've not seen anything like it, preseason, fall camp, as far as the tempo that they use. That's our biggest adjustment right now. What we're looking for is we have to play very, very fundamentally sound. We have to communicate. I can't say that word enough. If we don't, it will be ugly!

He sounds a little worried!

Saban's approach to this was to lobby for a rule change.

It was faster. They slowed it down with the backup QBs, but the plays per minute when Nico was QB was higher than it was in 23 or 22.
That was very noticeable when Nico was running the offense. The thing was like a well oil machine. Last year, we run no huddle only to have Joe looking to the sidelines for 15 seconds.

They were snapping with 30 seconds on the play clock in the first half!
Maybe Hooker just seemed faster as he's a bit more wound up.
Nico is chill, so he'll surprise you.
Anyone compare CJH speed offense with Chip Kelly at Oregon? That offense made your head spin.

"Yeah so we are doing a good job of that, just trying to get everybody to hurry up and get back to the ball," Kaufman said. "Just trying to get everyone to hurry back and get back into position. It will be easier in the game because we will know where the ball will be placed on the hash because at practice they switch hashes, so it's really even harder at practice."

Reactions: chuckiepoo

"Yeah so we are doing a good job of that, just trying to get everybody to hurry up and get back to the ball," Kaufman said. "Just trying to get everyone to hurry back and get back into position. It will be easier in the game because we will know where the ball will be placed on the hash because at practice they switch hashes, so it's really even harder at practice."

Hope we don’t see the fainting goats Saturday. I wouldn’t be shocked

It's seems to me JH has slowed the offense a bit.
Of course it was Chattanooga, I noticed it in the bowl game as well. But we might see warp factor six the next game. 💪
The offense is actually faster this year. We averaged over 3 plays per minute/a new play every 19.4 seconds on Saturday. That was with a lot of backups playing. I think we will be even faster this year than ‘22.

I was watching some NC State Youtubers today and they seem to think that the NC State WR (Kevin "KC" Concepcion) is going to be the best player on the field Saturday. I beg to differ we probably have at least 3-4 athletes better than him:
Nico, James Jr., Thornton, and maybe Bru (because of the dog inside him)
He’s definitely a great player - great hands and really good after the catch. He seems to be one of those guys who just knows how to get open. Our secondary will need to limit him the best they can. Their TE also looked pretty good.

Every time I see someone post this, my eyes roll further back into my head. I’m afraid they may get stuck back there at some point. Can you Saban lovers find another catch phrase?
First, I am not a Saban lover, although I respect his accomplishments as a coach.
Second, the term is applicable here because of the context of comments from an opposing coach.
Finally, I assume you have at least one finger or thumb, so feel free to scroll on by if you don’t like a comment.
Good day.

It's seems to me JH has slowed the offense a bit.
Of course it was Chattanooga, I noticed it in the bowl game as well. But we might see warp factor six the next game. 💪
Idk it was a couple plays where the chain crew couldn't get set before we snapped it. I had no idea that the refs would actually let u run plays in that situation. I've never seen that before, so I have to assume without looking at the numbers, that we were moving faster than ever before.

They will definitely employee the fainting goats tactic to try and keep our offense out of rythym. It is effective and they will try everything to win. Pretty simple. Our guys will need patience and that mindset entering game.

“When I looked out, we first broke our huddle to run on the field, we had eight new starters.”
"The speed of this game that we're about to go to, we've not seen anything like it, preseason, fall camp, as far as the tempo that they use. That's our biggest adjustment right now. What we're looking for is we have to play very, very fundamentally sound. We have to communicate. I can't say that word enough. If we don't, it will be ugly!

Better, best, who knows I do know that he is very good, so we had better know where he is at all times.
He's an exceptional WR and likely the biggest threat they will have on offense. We will need to double him at times unless we have a corner that can man him up. This is a player they will scheme open and can be dangerous after the catch.

That being said he is not unstoppable and if we apply pressure to our potential we will be fine. Our biggest weakness is still the technique Martinez seems to teach where we are running with our back to the QB and don't see the call. Work fine against Chattanooga, high level WRs? Not so much.

Reactions: SprocketRocket
Man, I bet his coaches loved that.
Right? Here i was reading all the "Tennessee will win on saturday" from all the big wigs that break the games down on tv and thinking to myself. "Man, thats giving NCST alot of extra juice" and this guy goes off and says this crap. This DB will find out, that ducks can pull trucks 😉

Okay, someone much smarter than me, please explain. They can't even begin to imitate the speed Tennessee plays with.
Its been stated over the years, you can practice the "Tempo" all you want and think you are prepared. But its nothing to the actual in game speed. The scheme Kirby has for Heupels offense is the only thing that has worked. And it works because of the Talent at Star and LB that UGA has.

Actually the fact he gets it is worrying. he said exactly what they have to do and if they can do it they have a slight chance. What defense has UT had the most issues against since Hype got here? UGA. What do they have on defense? Insane athletes that are very fundamentally sound especially the secondary. NC State can't match that level of talent or come close, but.... If they can focus on fundamentals they can not get embarrassed. Now do I think that's likely between last week and this Saturday? Hell no. They didn't look very fundamentally sound last week vs FCS.

NC states only chance is the game turns into some kind of shootout and multiple UT players miss the bus to the game. 45-21 UT

They should have our attention. They are a good team and are going to give it all they got. They key is for us is to be ready and play good football. We got to bring the intensity and knock out mentality of putting teams away and not letting up. Throughout the season they key will be our ability to keep fighting from the 1st quarter till end of the game. Bring the killer extinct every game and the ability to bounce back if things break wrong now and then. Got to have the knockout mentality and the ability to overcome and keep fighting at the same time in tougher games. I think this team believes, and their bond is going to get stronger as the season moves forward. I’m very excited about what this team can accomplish! One game at a time. Let’s go battle and have fun!!!! GBO!

Everyone says we have a fast running offense, and we do. However that is not the only thing we have. We have great running backs, OL, QB, wide receivers, not to mention the defense. If we slowed down we're still pretty good.

Everyone says we have a fast running offense, and we do. However that is not the only thing we have. We have great running backs, OL, QB, wide receivers, not to mention the defense. If we slowed down we're still pretty good.
Bingo, and I am sure Heupel wants to get to the point where we can slow down and be effective when it is beneficial, either to milk time or in short yardage where sometimes going fast works against you. If we can master switching gears at times it makes us a migraine to defend. GBO

Hope we don’t see the fainting goats Saturday. I wouldn’t be shocked

They will definitely employee the fainting goats tactic to try and keep our offense out of rythym. It is effective and they will try everything to win. Pretty simple. Our guys will need patience and that mindset entering game.

I can’t believe that with all the rule changes to speed up the game, there has not been one to get a player off the field.

Bingo, and I am sure Heupel wants to get to the point where we can slow down and be effective when it is beneficial, either to milk time or in short yardage where sometimes going fast works against you. If we can master switching gears at times it makes us a migraine to defend. GBO

There are times when slowing down could definitely be beneficial, but I guess it just depends. In a tight game it could help holding on to the ball a bit longer and giving the defense a little time to rest, like late in the game perhaps.

Then again, y’all’s up tempo can really put a defense on its heels at times, and you guys do a good job of exploiting that. It can definitely wear down a defense and create mismatches.

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL
It is a little strange to think this offense is just some one trick pony. Win or lose we're going to be running our '22 offense where yes we did lead the SEC with 326pypg but we were also still good for #6 and 200rypg.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back