NC State Right now

We exposed NC State in the 2nd half of our game. They have no rushing attack, so they are one dimensional on offense. And on defense, we demonstrated how to run effectively on them.

Then you have to consider the fact that Clemson is at home while our game was at a nuetral site.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
NC State may be terrible but they still put up more yards in the first half at Clemson with their frosh qb than they put up in the whole game with us at a neutral site. And scored an offensive TD to boot.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
We have not beaten anyone yet. We do this every single year where we get all excited at the beginning of the year with beating cupcakes, get demoralized during the middle of the year when we realize we are mediocre, and then foolishly get excited again at the end of the year with our historical cupcake SEC ending schedule...and like having a mediocre golf game but having a nice 18th hole, we get our biased beliefs/hopes up for the next go around.

I believe this year will be different. I think we will be in the playoffs, and I would not be surprised if we are one of the final 4 teams standing.

I think Oklahoma is a mediocre team and I will be disappointed if we do not handle them relatively handedly by the end of the game. Even this game will NOT tell us much about how good we really are...but that is okay because I think we are only going to get better as the year progresses, and my HOPE is that we will be fine tuned and not hurt by injuries come playoff time...where we will be a handful.

But, OK has home field, and has a lot at stake and pride in this game.
Will probably play their best game to date, so we had better also.
We will know about 10:00 PM how good we really are.

Reactions: WOKI
Luckily, Josh Heupel knows how good NC State was/wasn't and I'll bet he's told the team that a W is a good thing but the SEC schedule starts today for UT.

I doubt any of this handwringing is happening at the hotel or stadium, wherever the guys are at the moment.

They know the job starts at kickoff.

Love how our “fans” are sh*tting on our wins.

Some of you are truly sad individuals.

There is a difference between that and admitting that we have not played a good team yet - so we have no idea of how good of a team we are. Many other teams are in the same boat.

The argument against OU is that they have not played anyone. Same is true for us. Two teams who have 3 wins over not so good teams meet tonight. One is being hyped as being great, the jury is out on the other. The winner will undoubtedly be looked as being top 10 and playoff worthy. The loser not so much.

I would be more confident if NC State was making it a game with Clemson.

I think this is obvious, NC State was a complete fraud, they are terrible. We did what we should do against the terrible team but reality is we have not played a good team at all. We will see who we are today.
Agreed. We gave Clemson the tennessee.plstevto skull drag NCSU
.they're copying it to a T.

Dare I say it, a Power T.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
It really looks like Clemson has come to play a football game, So you really can’t compare the scores and state has got a freshman quarterback, running things.

Clemson has decided to play ball after uga embarrassed them. They've kicked butt since. Put your $$$$$ on Clem FNO.

Polls should NEVER be released until about week 6 of the season. IMO… it leads to all this angst and hand wringing. And for as long as I’ve followed college football…the ole we beat team A and they beat team B…therefore…we will definitely beat team B philosophy doesn’t work. It only works in deductive reasoning.

Last edited:
Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back