ND State Colorado

I don’t care who wins or loses, just thought it was a weak call. NDSU had some calls go their way for sure though.

So why should be able to contact the defender without going for the ball? if he turns and there’s a little contact, sure could be a “weak” call. But if the defender is making no play whatsoever on the ball, isn’t that literally the definition of pass interference? And I’m one to hates refs haha but this one I just don’t see how there’s any debate

Reactions: adam.vol
Cost them a lot of yards.
I agree. They also went full block, so he didn’t have any set blockers left. It was close enough to the end zone to gamble on the bounce, but I didn’t get a good look at the ball to see what it was doing as far as nose orientation.

The two-way thing is cool and all but man that is a lot of wear and tear on Hunter. That is years off his NFL career he is losing by playing 130 snaps a game in college.

Yep, and playing like that very much increases the likelihood of sustaining a serious injury.

It is kinda cool to be able to do it, Hunter is one of the best players in the Nation. Hell he might be the best. If he were on a championship caliber team, I could see doing it in a big must win game, but when you gotta play like that just to barely beat an FCS school I’m not convinced it’s worth it.

I just can’t understand a HC allowing a player with his potential to play that many snaps every game. It seems very selfish and irresponsible. I love watching him play, the kid is absolutely amazing!!! I really hope I’m wrong and he can stay healthy this season and realize his potential. It would be a damn shame if he needlessly sustains a terrible injury that alters his career.

Yep, and playing like that very much increases the likelihood of sustaining a serious injury.

It is kinda cool to be able to do it, Hunter is one of the best players in the Nation. Hell he might be the best. If he were on a championship caliber team, I could see doing it in a big must win game, but when you gotta play like that just to barely beat an FCS school I’m not convinced it’s worth it.

I just can’t understand a HC allowing a player with his potential to play that many snaps every game. It seems very selfish and irresponsible. I love watching him play, the kid is absolutely amazing!!! I really hope I’m wrong and he can stay healthy this season and realize his potential. It would be a damn shame if he needlessly sustains a terrible injury that alters his career.
I feel Exactly the same. They need him though. He hard carried the game tonight. Without him on offense they lose the game.

Very different situation but I’m reminded of Marcus Lattimore and South Cackalacky. Spurrier ran him into the ground and destroyed his career. Never will be able to fully respect the visor after that.

Very different situation but I’m reminded of Marcus Lattimore and South Cackalacky. Spurrier ran him into the ground and destroyed his career. Never will be able to fully respect the visor after that.

Oh man, I remember Lattimore very well. He ran all over GA on several occasions. He was a damn good RB! Very good at receiving out of the backfield also. I don’t think he ever ended a college season healthy. By the time he was drafted his knees were unfortunately caput. He would have likely been very good in the NFL.

So why should be able to contact the defender without going for the ball? if he turns and there’s a little contact, sure could be a “weak” call. But if the defender is making no play whatsoever on the ball, isn’t that literally the definition of pass interference? And I’m one to hates refs haha but this one I just don’t see how there’s any debate
If zero contact is allowed then a flag could be thrown every play. If that exact call went against UT in that exact situation there would be a whole lot of freaking out. Sure, by the textbook you could say it was PI and they did but I’ve seen far worse let go.

Colorado held on, but they are not a good football team. They are really lucky to have Shedeur, Horn, and Hunter. That's the entire team. NDSU would have boat raced them without those guys.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
North Dakota State University and Western Carolina played above their pay grade.
Western Carolina did for sure. Was very impressed with Kerwin Bell. Florida would have been better off bringing him back home rather than hiring Billy Napier. But if you watch NDSU, they play that way all the time. Perennially one of the best in that division. Outside of two players, I just don’t think Colorado is that good. Deion won’t be there much longer unless Colorado is OK with mediocrity. They are better than they have been and maybe they just like a sideshow.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Let's face it. A lot of people watched because we thought there was a possibility of a trainwreck. The media will spin it as Colorado popularity. ESPN has an article up talking about Colorado is talented. They got a few pieces but when they face top power conference teams they will have some real problems.

They talk a big game more than anything. We will see a more look at me game soon that will be nothing like the team game we remember. ESPN was interviewing Shadeur Sanders at halftime. I don't think this is good for the game.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I don't think Colorado gets rid of Deion. He attracts attention and that is something their program has to have in order to even be in the conversation at all. Without Deion, what is there to say about the Buffs?
I do think another subpar season limits Deion's options to jump to his next job, but there are a whole lot of programs who will bid for him in order to get the free press coverage he brings.

I don't think Colorado gets rid of Deion. He attracts attention and that is something their program has to have in order to even be in the conversation at all. Without Deion, what is there to say about the Buffs?
I do think another subpar season limits Deion's options to jump to his next job, but there are a whole lot of programs who will bid for him in order to get the free press coverage he brings.
Agree. Like I said, maybe they are OK with mediocrity and the sideshow since that’s better than the disaster that they were.

Arkansas might be a problem 👀
100% fool's gold ! Arky essentially played a high school opponent last night. APB might seriously be the worst team in all of college football, regardless of division.

Last year they went 2-9, and one of those wins was by a single point against "Miles College" (?). They also lost 42-17 to the mighty Delta Devils of MVSU. Dead serious, I've never even heard of either of those 2 programs in my entire life. 2023 Arkansas-Pine Bluff Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

Let's face it. A lot of people watched because we thought there was a possibility of a trainwreck. The media will spin it as Colorado popularity. ESPN has an article up talking about Colorado is talented. They got a few pieces but when they face top power conference teams they will have some real problems.

They talk a big game more than anything. We will see a more look at me game soon that will be nothing like the team game we remember. ESPN was interviewing Shadeur Sanders at halftime. I don't think this is good for the game.
ESPN knows that. They don't care why people are watching, just that they are watching. Deion is fantastic for the popularity of the sport. He's polarizing. One of the most-watched CFB games last season was Colorado St/Colorado, which kicked off at 10 PM ET.

Lots of people love him, especially casual CFB fans who don't follow the sport closely (new eyeballs, which ESPN loves), and lots of people can't wait to see him fail. It's a great formula. Sports need villains just like a superhero movie does.

VN Store

Back