ND State Colorado

I don't think Colorado gets rid of Deion. He attracts attention and that is something their program has to have in order to even be in the conversation at all. Without Deion, what is there to say about the Buffs?
I do think another subpar season limits Deion's options to jump to his next job, but there are a whole lot of programs who will bid for him in order to get the free press coverage he brings.
Ding ding ding

Barring some kind of awful scandal, there's really no such thing as bad publicity.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Prime is a joke..I hope that big mouth doesn't win another game.

Maybe so, but North Dakota State is playing for championships in their league. It was one of the best from FCS vs a subpar FBS. I very much expected them to upset Colorado last night and was disappointed when I checked the final score this morning.

You can say whatever you want about the talent, but the team is well coached and motivated. Winners are going to come in playing like winners at any level.

Anyhow.. The rest of this is not part of my response to your quote.

I don’t care about Colorado’s wins and losses, but I surely don’t want to have to listen to the Disney bots talk about Colorado if they even get close to the top 25. The situation is that TV wanted everyone to pay attention to Dione because he made himself a controversial figure around a HBCU and some dimwits actually thought that just maybe, Dione would take up this “greater cause”. Turns out, Dione is just a family man that is doing anything and everything he can for his sons. Now the Disney bots are mad at him for not being some race figurehead. Dione used their propaganda when it suited him and tossed it aside when it was no longer needed.

ESPN knows that. They don't care why people are watching, just that they are watching. Deion is fantastic for the popularity of the sport. He's polarizing. One of the most-watched CFB games last season was Colorado St/Colorado, which kicked off at 10 PM ET.

Lots of people love him, especially casual CFB fans who don't follow the sport closely (new eyeballs, which ESPN loves), and lots of people can't wait to see him fail. It's a great formula. Sports need villains just like a superhero movie does.

After 2 or 3 L's, viewers will move on like all those celebrities during last years losing streak. No more grins and pandering to the cameras.

After 2 or 3 L's, viewers will move on like all those celebrities during last years losing streak. No more grins and pandering to the cameras.
Depends on who the Ls are to. Nobody is expecting wins against the good teams they play, but he really doesn't need to lose games where he is favored.

These first 3 games of the season are really important for him because everybody remembers how they started last year, and the next 2 games are rivalry games against teams they beat last year. It isn't a big deal if he loses to the K-States, Utahs, and Oklahoma States on the schedule, although they probably don't need to be losing those games by 35. Fortunately for them they don't have to play Oregon or Washington again.

If he loses to Nebraska and Colorado St, people might really start to lose interest and to get it back he'd need to rattle off some impressive wins down the stretch. Shedeur really is a great talent, as is Travis Hunter. Unfortunately for them, the defense can't stop a nosebleed and Shedeur might be in a full-body cast by the end of the season because his O-line can't protect him. He was actually only sacked once last night, but he was getting hit and running for his life a lot.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
If zero contact is allowed then a flag could be thrown every play. If that exact call went against UT in that exact situation there would be a whole lot of freaking out. Sure, by the textbook you could say it was PI and they did but I’ve seen far worse let go.
Like Alabumma?

ND State defense could not keep up with the speed of the Colorado wr’s. Their offense I believe exposed the buffalos. Shedeur is the real deal though I believe. Probably gonna be another long season for Coach Sanders.

Maybe so, but North Dakota State is playing for championships in their league. It was one of the best from FCS vs a subpar FBS. I very much expected them to upset Colorado last night and was disappointed when I checked the final score this morning.

You can say whatever you want about the talent, but the team is well coached and motivated. Winners are going to come in playing like winners at any level.

I don’t care about Colorado’s wins and losses, but I surely don’t want to have to listen to the Disney bots talk about Colorado if they even get close to the top 25. The situation is that TV wanted everyone to pay attention to Dione because he made himself a controversial figure around a HBCU and some dimwits actually thought that just maybe, Dione would take up this “greater cause”. Turns out, Dione is just a family man that is doing anything and everything he can for his sons. Now the Disney bots are mad at him for not being some race figurehead. Dione used their propaganda when it suited him and tossed it aside when it was no longer needed.
I noticed the CFB 12 team playoff commercial ESPN keep playing last night had clips of Bama, Michigan, Clemson, etc. and a shot of Deon wearing his cowboy hat.

Deon may be bringing money and attention to that program right now but if he doesn't start to actually win meaningful games after 4 years or so, the money and interest may start to wane

Reactions: adam.vol
I noticed the CFB 12 team playoff commercial ESPN keep playing last night had clips of Bama, Michigan, Clemson, etc. and a shot of Deon wearing his cowboy hat.

Deon may be bringing money and attention to that program right now but if he doesn't start to actually win meaningful games after 4 years or so, the money and interest may start to wane
They don't care. Colorado made so much money and got so much free media last year that it has probably already financially justified Deion's contract.

Since they had to fire Gary Barnett (their last good coach) in 2006, Colorado has had as many 1-win seasons as above .500 seasons (2). They've also had 2 seasons where they won 2 games and 2 seasons where they won 3 games. It isn't like they had a lot to lose by hiring him - they went 69-134 from 2006 until they hired Deion.

For Colorado, having a mediocre product on the field combined with a coach who gets lots of clicks and eyeballs is completely fine with them. They have totally different expectations and objectives for their football program than a big time program. They'd much rather have this than the previous 15 years they've experienced.

They don't care. Colorado made so much money and got so much free media last year that it has probably already financially justified Deion's contract.

Since they had to fire Gary Barnett (their last good coach) in 2006, Colorado has had as many 1-win seasons as above .500 seasons (2). They've also had 2 seasons where they won 2 games and 2 seasons where they won 3 games. It isn't like they had a lot to lose by hiring him - they went 69-134 from 2006 until they hired Deion.

For Colorado, having a mediocre product on the field combined with a coach who gets lots of clicks and eyeballs is completely fine with them. They have totally different expectations and objectives for their football program than a big time program. They'd much rather have this than the previous 15 years they've experienced.

So Colorado could upgrade the position by replacing Dione and his family with The Kardashians. Wins and losses don’t matter - all that matters is how many people look that way. Hell, replace him with Kaepernick. “Look at me! I’m Colorado and I don’t care about football!”

Reactions: 77' Vol
I'm sure most VOL fans could care less about Neon Dieon and how he's trying to pump his son up as a Heisman contender and getting a high draft pick. His son is decent and can run but he's no Nico. The only good thing about Colorado is their BUFFALO MASCOT.

I'm sure most VOL fans could care less about Neon Dieon and how he's trying to pump his son up as a Heisman contender and getting a high draft pick. His son is decent and can run but he's no Nico. The only good thing about Colorado is their BUFFALO MASCOT.
Yep. The only thing he was concerned with after the game was the number of NFL scouts that attended and that “they saw what they came to see”. When his sons are gone, I doubt there’s much there that will hold his interest.

So Colorado could upgrade the position by replacing Dione and his family with The Kardashians. Wins and losses don’t matter - all that matters is how many people look that way. Hell, replace him with Kaepernick. “Look at me! I’m Colorado and I don’t care about football!”
I’d love to see Deion bring in Kap to talk to the team about their civic duty the first week in November just to watch the world burn.

Reactions: adam.vol
Hunter is the best College player in country. NFL experts say he can choose either position in league. Take this one player out of game they lose period he is that good. In CHRIST Alone

So why should be able to contact the defender without going for the ball? if he turns and there’s a little contact, sure could be a “weak” call. But if the defender is making no play whatsoever on the ball, isn’t that literally the definition of pass interference? And I’m one to hates refs haha but this one I just don’t see how there’s any debate
I went back and watched it again. I still don’t like the call as it wasn’t egregious since the WR wasn’t working back but I definitely agree that’s getting called more often than not. NDSU benefited plenty from calls or no calls though and I just wanted an entertaining game, which it was. The Big12 is going to be really wild this year as there are tons of good QBs and suspect defenses.

I really 99% believed NDSU was going to win last night. I thought their superior coaching and discipline would overcome those few elite players Colorado has.
They did not disappoint. I am not a moral victory guy, but I thought they showed themselves to be equal to a lot of P5 teams.

I have no issues with Coach Prime. But last night one team was more talented and one team was better coached. He needs to stop bringing in so many players, keep some guys around, develop those guys, and build an actual program. Here's hoping he does.

VN Store

Back