Neverending MBRO memory thread

Trout season in GA used to open in March. Trout fishing in GA became year round in Spring of 2015. Those who timed their license renewals with the availability of the trout stamp likely still renew in March.

Trout season in GA used to open in March. Trout fishing in GA became year round in Spring of 2015. Those who timed their license renewals with the availability of the trout stamp likely still renew in March.
Yeah, there's only a couple of spots I know of that you can't trout fish all year. I need to go, didn't all year this past year. Well, me and my wife went once, but didn't have any luck.

Internet guy is outside at the main box for our subdivision. It must've been something that got us all, he's waist deep in that big box😄

Yeah, there's only a couple of spots I know of that you can't trout fish all year. I need to go, didn't all year this past year. Well, me and my wife went once, but didn't have any luck.
I do like that there still are restricted streams with limited seasons, barbless hooks, austere creel limits or catch & release only.

I do like that there still are restricted streams with limited seasons, barbless hooks, austere creel limits or catch & release only.
I'm not a huge trout fisherman, though I do go. I have 2 friends who actually guide, they know all the rules.

Get some corn and mini marshmallows.
I like putting corn and a red worm on if I'm not using a spinner. I haven't heard of trying the marshmallow. After catching a big carp on bubble gum, seeing a 20+ lb catfish caught on soap, and watching an old preacher catch 50 crappie on a bare hook, I believe anything😄

I like putting corn and a red worm on if I'm not using a spinner. I haven't heard of trying the marshmallow. After catching a big carp on bubble gum, seeing a 20+ lb catfish caught on soap, and watching an old preacher catch 50 crappie on a bare hook, I believe anything😄
Marshmallows definitely work.

Reactions: joevol33
Do that in the clinch while I am around and I will tie and anchor to your ass and wait for the generators to turn on. Do you fish with dynomite and lectricity too?

I truly despise folks that fish in stocked streams with live bait/corn, etc. I have seen them gather around the stocking trucks and yank them out as quick as they will bite. You can stand below them fishing and see the dead fish roll down the river from where they cull. They will buy licenses for every family member and take multiple limits a day our of the river.......mom and 4 kids playing on the bank and the dude takes 5 limits out. Trout don't freeze worth a damn so I don't know what they are doing with them. Yeah, triggered.

I truly despise folks that fish in stocked streams with live bait/corn, etc. I have seen them gather around the stocking trucks and yank them out as quick as they will bite. You can stand below them fishing and see the dead fish roll down the river from where they cull. They will buy licenses for every family member and take multiple limits a day our of the river.......mom and 4 kids playing on the bank and the dude takes 5 limits out. Trout don't freeze worth a damn so I don't know what they are doing with them. Yeah, triggered.
Gotcha. I didn’t know the context.

One day, if I can get back to where I can hike (and stand on wet rocks), I’d like to learn fly fishing in the high streams. I went once as a kid on Mt Rainier.

That’s where I learned that part of the equipment for trout fishing is a campfire and cast iron skillet.

Gotcha. I didn’t know the context.

One day, if I can get back to where I can hike (and stand on wet rocks), I’d like to learn fly fishing in the high streams. I went once as a kid on Mt Rainier.

That’s where I learned that part of the equipment for trout fishing is a campfire and cast iron skillet.
The Clinch river is a good place for that. There are some handicapped access points that make it really easy to get down to the river. If you go above the weir dam, you can wade (need waders and boots though) in the shallow area when the water is off and still catch some fish. I have caught a lot of fish in 10 inches of water, you can also stand in the shallows and fish some of the river channel. I don't mind folks using live bait so much when they keep what they catch and only take their limit.......culling is illegal but we can't get TWRA to patrol the Clinch. This doesn't normally happen with the bait fisherfolks.

Reactions: VolNExile
🤷🏻‍♂️ Funny story, wife and I were at a restaurant in Hot Springs and she ordered the rainbow trout. They brought out the whole fish, she looked at it and told the waiter “I can’t eat something that’s looking back at me. Can you take it back and take his head off?”. 🤣

🤷🏻‍♂️ Funny story, wife and I were at a restaurant in Hot Springs and she ordered the rainbow trout. They brought out the whole fish, she looked at it and told the waiter “I can’t eat something that’s looking back at me. Can you take it back and take his head off?”. 🤣

source.gif

Do that in the clinch while I am around and I will tie and anchor to your ass and wait for the generators to turn on. Do you fish with dynomite and lectricity too?
Heck yeah I do!

* I use that at the lake house

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back