Neverending MBRO memory thread

I heard barred owls yesterday evening. I believe they were of the same gender. Numerous phrases of hoots, but no wild yawps or other bizarre vocalizations for which they're known.

It seems a bit early for barred owls to be returning to nesting territory and pairing up to mate. In past years, that's been a February thing. Do the owls foretell an early Spring?

A lady we're friends with, used to go to church with, had a bad car wreck. Someone pulled out in front of her on the interstate. Broke ribs, sternum, collapsed lung, broke hip, both legs, and ankles. They had to cut her out from under the dash of her car. It broke the bones in both of her legs, upper and lower bones.

That had to be a horrible impact for her to do that, and end up under the dash. But I assume she was doing 70mph at least, and someone pull out and you hit them, thankfully she didn't get killed.

A lady we're friends with, used to go to church with, had a bad car wreck. Someone pulled out in front of her on the interstate. Broke ribs, sternum, collapsed lung, broke hip, both legs, and ankles. They had to cut her out from under the dash of her car. It broke the bones in both of her legs, upper and lower bones.
Dayum!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It amazes me how much you can hurt in a couple of seconds during a wreck. I had mine and broke my sternum, 2ribs, jaw, dislocated my shoulder, and busted up my "good knee". Wreck probably lasted 5 seconds.

Terrible news about your friend, Joe. Prognosis for recovery?
Not gonna be walking for a while, but expected to recover. They finished the last of the surgeries yesterday hopefully. She's in her 60's, so they said it'll be a slower process.

Dang!

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back