Neverending MBRO memory thread

Peerless was routinely the birthday and other major event go to restaurant in my childhood. Didn’t meet Mrs Kalogeros till I was in HS, but knowing her demands of perfection, it made sense why meals/service at Peerless never ceased to be top notch.
Better half said "F all of them go Raiders". Shes taking the loss of Sullivan North hard

That makes Betsy 0-3. Wow.

That SH hit on the punt returner opening night might be the worst personal foul I’ve ever seen
I agree...at any level, probably the worst....Stacy tried to make it sound not so bad, which I get, but it was bad
Edit: wrong brother, know the family hahaha

Reactions: volfanbill
I agree...at any level, probably the worst....Chad tried to make it sound not so bad, which I get, but it was bad
Not sure who Chad is. I saw the highlights. No commentary needed. The punt landed three seconds after SH guy absolutely destroyed the returner for Betsy.

With the new HS, what is the break down of Sullivan County HSs? Was it Central and North that merged?
and I get the whole argument for budgets and school consolidation thing, I do, but this merger has prevented a lot of students from participating in athletics and school competitive activities, kids who normally would and have a chance at some of the smaller schools, and for a lot of them those things are (unfortunately) the biggest motivators in keeping them in school

and I get the whole argument for budgets and school consolidation thing, I do, but this merger has prevented a lot of students from participating in athletics and school competitive activities, kids who normally would and have a chance at some of the smaller schools, and for a lot of them those things are (unfortunately) the biggest motivators in keeping them in school
Yep. Drive from Bloomindale to Blountville every day. I dont know the right answer but it deals with contractors greasing up county officers.

Yep. Drive from Bloomindale to Blountville every day. I dont know the right answer but it deals with contractors greasing up county officers.

I didn’t follow it all too closely, but I know there were a lot of murmurs that seemed to get constantly squashed.

I didn’t follow it all too closely, but I know there were a lot of murmurs that seemed to get constantly squashed.

I have no dog in the fight but it seems from my "source" they were hell bent on building West Ridge no matter what. My only connection is her youngest, who drives 45 mins each way. This isnt Montana where Thats fairly typical. And the climate must be bad if he's willing to move to Crockett to finish his senior year.

Annexation has played a major role in the politics of it here
Since 2013, when we were incorporated into the KCL, Sullivan County and KC buses run up and down my street...kids have a choice: DB or West Ridge now (was South)
Same where my youngest daughter and her kids live on Kendrick Creek Rd....had to get granddaughter today after swim practice at DB...she said there are four kids in her apartment complex (that she knows) who go to West Ridge, and the rest go to DB.
It's a mess, man.
I don't know how BC handled it when JC annexed them in terms of the kids having a choice in schools, but anything that was "grandfathered" about a kid graduating from the school where the kid started is long gone.

Reactions: volfanbill
I have no dog in the fight but it seems from my "source" they were hell bent on building West Ridge no matter what. My only connection is her youngest, who drives 45 mins each way. This isnt Montana where Thats fairly typical. And the climate must be bad if he's willing to move to Crockett to finish his senior year.
I have students who are on a bus for 90 mins in the morning and 90 mins in the afternoon.

Annexation has played a major role in the politics of it here
Since 2013, when we were incorporated into the KCL, Sullivan County and KC buses run up and down my street...kids have a choice: DB or West Ridge now (was South)
Same where my youngest daughter and her kids live on Kendrick Creek Rd....had to get granddaughter today after swim practice at DB...she said there are four kids in her apartment complex (that she knows) who go to West Ridge, and the rest go to DB.
It's a mess, man.
I don't know how BC handled it when JC annexed them in terms of the kids having a choice in schools, but anything that was "grandfathered" about a kid graduating from the school where the kid started is long gone.
Well JC “annexed” a couple of streets (36 and Bobby Hicks) not Boone’s Creek or Gray proper. At least initially

Reactions: GordonC

VN Store

Back