Neverending MBRO memory thread

Screw that Patton Ave exit. Well its easy now that I know it
My downtown church is less than ten minutes from my house, but the Dance of the Interstates, guest starring all the non-NC license plates, requires girded-up loins. And I avoid Patton in ways that my husband finds comical, but I. Don’t. Care.

What sends me into a rage every single time is when I have to translate I26 westbound and eastbound into real-world directions. I suppose they ran out of odd numbers between 75 and 85, but no rational human being can regard I26 as anything other than a (predominately) north-south interstate. When I’m trying to go UP to Tri Cities and DOWN to SC, stop making me figure out when it’s east and when it’s west. *pant pant*
While all of this is very true, imagine explaining Wytheville in real world directions:

“You’re going to get on North I-81/South I/77 east towards Roanoke… got it?”

While all of this is very true, imagine explaining Wytheville in real world directions:

“You’re going to get on North I-81/South I/77 east towards Roanoke… got it?”
I loathe the stretch of road between Marion and Wytheville...big time...I never minded it from Wytheville up to say Harrisonburg...we used to go there for state forensics competitions

I loathe the stretch of road between Marion and Wytheville...big time...I never minded it from Wytheville up to say Harrisonburg...we used to go there for state forensics competitions
I hate all of I-81. Nothing but giant hills and tractor trailers struggling up them and wanting to ram you off the road when they free wheel it down

81 in Virginia past Roanoke is a great Civil Wargasm for a history nerd like me. The National D Day monument is a bit off track but I recommend it.

I won't lie, I broke down in tears when I found the 508 PIR plaque, my grandpa wasnt a big fan of attention for his service, but he'd have really liked how that memorial is set up. Everyone shoild see it.

One of the best restaurants in the TC was Peerless Steakhouse.
It closed a few years ago.
I don't remember why.
Mrs Kalogeros was an unbelievably tough lady to make happy and definitely Greek… but for whatever reason, I would have done just about anything to help her out. She might be mean as could be while you helped her, once it was over, she’d take extraordinarily great care of you. And not the kind that’s going to wind up in the out of context thread. Pretty sure she and her husband have both passed. RIP.

One of the best restaurants in the TC was Peerless Steakhouse.
It closed a few years ago.
I don't remember why.

Peerless was routinely the birthday and other major event go to restaurant in my childhood. Didn’t meet Mrs Kalogeros till I was in HS, but knowing her demands of perfection, it made sense why meals/service at Peerless never ceased to be top notch.

Peerless was routinely the birthday and other major event go to restaurant in my childhood. Didn’t meet Mrs Kalogeros till I was in HS, but knowing her demands of perfection, it made sense why meals/service at Peerless never ceased to be top notch.
used to take mom and dad there for anniversary....66 years in less than three weeks...long time

VN Store

Back