Neverending MBRO memory thread

Oh I can be pretty good on Hwy 81 too. Used to take Jonesborough to the pizza plus right before fall branch every day in the summer. I was a member at Graysburg golf. My college buddies and I were the dew busters trying to play 27 we’d have to work that afternoon. But there were more deputies out there to keep me in check speed wise.
The only place I'd see the deputies regularly was on Sulphur Springs was as you'd pass Boone and go down and over the hill where the Longhorn cattle are. 99% of the time you'd get flashed by someone and be ready.

Now Jonesboroughs finest parked at the funeral home, **** them. They are the shining example of why small towns dont need their own cops.

The only place I'd see the deputies regularly was on Sulphur Springs was as you'd pass Boone and go down and over the hill where the Longhorn cattle are. 99% of the time you'd get flashed by someone and be ready.

Now Jonesboroughs finest parked at the funeral home, **** them. They are the shining example of why small towns dont need their own cops.
That funeral home has been their spot my whole life. Boone out to 81 is usually fair game. Sometimes they’d sit at Sulphur Springs Baptist, but it was rare. They used to sit at lots of the churches down TN-81

Reactions: GordonC
Found it: Man Suspected in Dismemberment Case
The head and hands were found in that cove above Winged Deer Park (I'm pretty sure), which is where that bridge is.
That case turned Johnson City on its heels. I was pushed for jury duty two different times in the attempted trials, but, well, I’m friends with a rather prominent person in the Wash County court system 😂😂😂

I BEG your pardon?! 😡

(Mine’s a turbo. It surprises a lot of people.)
Subarus are fast. Henry and Bernice who retired from New Jersey to a subdivision here are not. When I worked with the public and would be wound up heading home I could pull 4 banger passes on Boone's Creek and its always a Subaru leading the parade. And im generally a chill driver

I used to love fishing the Watauga side of that lake from Pickens Bridge up to past Sonnys
Love
We would drop our boat in at Sonny’s there was some real good fishing where Boone’s Creek met the lake. If that got too crowded, turn the corner to where Carroll Creek met the lake

Did you pass out candy?
Im fat so I wouldnt share if I owned Candy!!

But im also not impressed with the effect on my property value and all the **** they said. So I just said I'm tired. I look at it as these folks with beef have been here since before the civil war, and im all about giving family operations a local option especially one run by locals and guys from WNC and SWVA.

Subarus are fast. Henry and Bernice who retired from New Jersey to a subdivision here are not. When I worked with the public and would be wound up heading home I could pull 4 banger passes on Boone's Creek and its always a Subaru leading the parade. And im generally a chill driver
Ah. Here in AVL, many Subie drivers are bat-chit crazy. It’s the Priuses and Volvo wagons (great cars, it’s who buys them) that cork up our traffic. And the tourists attempting to figure out I26-I240-I26.

Back before they brought I-26 over the mountain, you had to be completely fully aware of what you were doing (and a little bit lucky) to make all the right exits in Asheville to get to Erwin and eventually to JC

Back before they brought I-26 over the mountain, you had to be completely fully aware of what you were doing (and a little bit lucky) to make all the right exits in Asheville to get to Erwin and eventually to JC
and coming back from the beach, if it was late at night, it was TRICKY
Edit: used to say I'd rather drive from Florence to Spartanburg than from Spartanburg home...the road from MB to Florence was also awful then, no problem now

Would have figured the burning crosses over in Erwin would've kept things well lit. Not really but sorta really

Reactions: volfanbill
What sends me into a rage every single time is when I have to translate I26 westbound and eastbound into real-world directions. I suppose they ran out of odd numbers between 75 and 85, but no rational human being can regard I26 as anything other than a (predominately) north-south interstate. When I’m trying to go UP to Tri Cities and DOWN to SC, stop making me figure out when it’s east and when it’s west. *pant pant*

What sends me into a rage every single time is when I have to translate I26 westbound and eastbound into real-world directions. I suppose they ran out of odd numbers between 75 and 85, but no rational human being can regard I26 as anything other than a (predominately) north-south interstate. When I’m trying to go UP to Tri Cities and DOWN to SC, stop making me figure out when it’s east and when it’s west. *pant pant*
from where I live, it is the same hahahaha
it used to be 181...and people got confused because there was I-81 and 181...back then highway 36 was highway 23, which I still call them 23 and 181 if I'm not careful
Edit: I have never turned on location services on any phone and have never used GPS in my life HAHA

Reactions: VolNExile
I would rather be in a firefight than have to take the 81 to 26 ramp at 20mph then need to get to highway speed in 240 feet before im forced back on to 81

VN Store

Back