Neverending MBRO memory thread

@VolNExile what are you seeing for weather around your area? Are they calling for snow? Planning on going to Kentucky Thursday, but afraid of what may happen around waynesville. I know you're not there, but it's close.

I don’t know if this site is at all reliable on the general forecast for Waynesville, but the Today and Hourly tabs (click the link below) are real-time. Since they’re calling for rain Thursday morning, I’d keep checking the hourly tab for current temps, in case the rain freezes. At the moment, the predicted Wednesday low (meaning overnight Wednesday) is above freezing, so fingers crossed.
Waynesville, NC 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground
1671588806152.png

Reactions: joevol33
I don’t know if this site is at all reliable on the general forecast for Waynesville, but the Today and Hourly tabs (click the link below) are real-time. Since they’re calling for rain Thursday morning, I’d keep checking the hourly tab for current temps, in case the rain freezes. At the moment, the predicted Wednesday low (meaning overnight Wednesday) is above freezing, so fingers crossed.
Waynesville, NC 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground
View attachment 525461
Thank you. Mom actually called and told us not to try it. They're getting rain with single digit temperatures, and are expecting flash freezing. Better safe than sorry. The gorge isn't fun to drive during winter weather, I've actually gotten stuck before.

Reactions: VolNExile
This is what is currently showing on the Hourly tab for Waynesville Wed night- Thur morning.

If you click on the drop-down arrow for change station, a map will pop up. You can follow US 23-74 or whatever it is and click on other sites along your way.

Coming back could be reeeeal interesting if there’s any serious precip, because Friday night will be bitterly cold; 5° I think it said. 🥶
1671589426244.png

Thank you. Mom actually called and told us not to try it. They're getting rain with single digit temperatures, and are expecting flash freezing. Better safe than sorry. The gorge isn't fun to drive during winter weather, I've actually gotten stuck before.
Your mom beat me to it! I hope they don’t get hit too badly.

We’ll need to remember to open the taps Friday…

Christmas Eve service will be a stinker, but I’m ringing handbells, and it’s hard to hide an absence like that. And then Christmas Sunday service, yikes…

Walmart is just the devil right now 🤣. I gotta take little bit tomorrow so she can get everyone a gift, but I told her we're going early!

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back