New Nationwide Lockdown Coming?

Would you listen to our government and comply with a lockdown?

• Yes.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • No.

Votes: 91 68.4%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters
I hope all the Biden defenders that have cried about this year's deficits are getting their defenses ready for next year.

I still think the Biden admin will back off on a national lockdown/ect. But if they don't and he does try it, you better believe the Democrats are going to try to pass several trillion in deficit spending payouts next year alone. How else do they think people will afford the daily basics when they tell the country you can't go to work?

Last edited:
So, quit a job? This is the same stupid **** that’s got us to this place. How about if you dont care about the health of people who HAVE TO be out, stay the **** home.
You think that 300,000,000 people are going to behave in a manner that you deem appropriate..... the only one that can keep you safe is yourself.... take all the precautions that you can at whatever job you have and if you still feel that you are unsafe..... that is when decision time comes into play..... I think the Dems use “learn to code” any time someone is worried about losing their job.

I hope all the Biden defenders that have cried about this year's deficits are getting their defenses ready for next year.

I still think the Biden admin will back off on a national lockdown/ect. But if they don't and he does try it, you better believe the Democrats are going to try to pass several trillion in deficit spending payouts next year alone. How else do they think people will afford the daily basics when they tell the country you can't go to work?

Their defense will be, he’s not Trump. That’s all they got.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
See the seems to be the difference between us ... I never said you should quit anything or give up anything . My stance has been that I will wear one when the businesses I deal with require it , that’s their right to require me to wear anything . I’ll decide if I want to comply . You say we should do as we are told by the government so it will make people feel safer .. nah .
That’s not at all what I said. I said I think it’s pretty ****ing pathetic that government has to tell us.
Let’s do an experiment. You stand 6 feet from me and I get to spit at you with and without a mask.
Then you try to convince everyone here that the spit on you is just a “feeling.”

You think that 300,000,000 people are going to behave in a manner that you deem appropriate..... the only one that can keep you safe is yourself.... take all the precautions that you can at whatever job you have and if you still feel that you are unsafe..... that is when decision time comes into play..... I think the Dems use “learn to code” any time someone is worried about losing their job.
Wrong. Unless I quit my job. I have coworkers and clients that I have to be around who refuse to mask.
What Pollyanna world do y’all live in??
And, I think being pro life, pro gun and a conservative DQs me from being a dem.

Wrong. Unless I quit my job. I have coworkers and clients that I have to be around who refuse to mask.
And, I think being pro life, pro gun and a conservative DQs me from being a dem.
It didn’t used too. But ya. The blue dogs are all but gone.

Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

Shutting down businesses and paying people for lost wages for four to six weeks could help keep the coronavirus pandemic in check and get the economy on track until a vaccine is approved and distributed, said Dr. Michael Osterholm, a coronavirus advisor to President-elect Joe Biden.
https://www.volnation.com/forum/javascript:void(0)
Osterholm, who serves as director of the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said earlier this week that the country is headed toward “Covid hell.” Cases are rising as more people grow tired of wearing masks and social distancing, suffering from so-called “pandemic fatigue,” he said Wednesday. Colder weather is also driving people indoors, where the virus can spread more easily.

A nationwide lockdown would drive the number of new cases and hospitalizations down to manageable levels while the world awaits a vaccine, he told Yahoo Finance on Wednesday.

“We could pay for a package right now to cover all of the wages, lost wages for individual workers, for losses to small companies, to medium-sized companies or city, state, county governments. We could do all of that,” he said. “If we did that, then we could lock down for four to six weeks.”

Osterholm was appointed to Biden’s 12-member Covid “advisory board” on Monday. The panel of advisors is co-chaired by former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner David Kessler and Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith of Yale University. Other task force members include Dr. Atul Gawande, a professor of surgery and health policy at Harvard, and Dr. Rick Bright, the vaccine expert and whistleblower who resigned his post with the Trump administration last month.

# # #

What say ye? Would you listen to our government and comply, or if not, why?
Hell no...screw the nanny state commie authoritarians. The ones that are afraid of this hyped up bullcrap should stay in their hole and never come out.

I do think that, and have said this over and over again since neforecwe locked down the first time that the relative few who are very susceptible should be aggressively quarantined, while the rest of us go on and get it over with.

Serious question: Have you considered getting an N95 mask? Then, your risk of contracting a virus would decrease significantly and we could all live in harmony. I understand that you are concerned.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
The mortality rate is actually over 2%. One percent mortality rate of 330,150,668 people in the USA is how many dead Americans? Why don't you come out of the closet and declare yourself a criminal who does not care how many people your attitude kills? The answer is 3.3 Million dead people. Reaching so-called "herd immunity" would involve around 2,000,000 dead, perhaps double that number, but there is not evidence that having covid produces long term immunity. It would not take much effort to keep the numbers down, but you are afraid of what, that wearing a mask is just not a good look for you? Your machismo just cannot tolerate the thought? You are afraid of what your friends would say about you. BTW, wearing a mask offers limited protection for the person who wears it. Masks are far more effective preventing an infected person from spreading the disease. You wear a mask to protect other people. If everybody wore masks, the disease would be contained. That is a well established fact. Why can't you get it? The obvious answer is -- you do not care.
People are wearing masks numb nuts..... and it’s still spreading like hell. Here in middle Tennessee every store you go into requires them..... and guess what.... it’s still spreading. Do they slow the spread? Probably ..... do they prevent it? No.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
And how many it’s brainwashed.
Like the people who wear one in their car, alone. Wear one in their own homes.
I saw an older fat guy.... probably mid 60’s.... in Florida back in June .... riding a bike with a freaking mask on. It was 95 outside. I wondered what the comparative risk was in that situation?

VN Store

Back