New Uniform Pictures

I don't hate the color. But can someone explain the treadmark thing? I know Adidas is putting it on several of their teams, but for the life of me I can't understand why.

It's the same thing as Nike's Flywire material they're putting into a lot of their uniforms. They claim it increases performance, but I think it's just an aesthetic thing.

Listened to the EA show this morning . Here's the deal for some who don't know. They stated that its a Tennessee color that's been in the UT hand book for decades. The the color there calling it is Smokey PMS 426 color. For the traditional folks, its actually part of our traditional color scheme but has never been made. Me personally love them!

That's not true

The color, once again, is not based on the "Smokey" in the style guide. It's several shades lighter.

I don't mind the color so much but I think it doesn't look right with the white helmet. I also don't care for the "VOLS" above the numbers.

Ugly. Very ugly. It would be at least average looking if the helmet matched. White helmet and gray unis? Gross.

Reactions: 4 people
If we're wearing them at Oregon then I think that pretty much confirms Oregon will be wearing their all yellow uniforms.

I doubt seriously they are going to be road uniforms...Not sure that is possible to wear all GREY on the road without permission.

Very good article on VQ about the new UNI's. VolQuest.com - Exclusive: Gray-T Expectations inside

"Everything is about our great pride and traditions here at the University of Tennessee," Jones told VolQuest.com. "We truly respect those traditions, but it's also building upon those traditions. Before anything can be a tradition, it has to have a beginning to it. Just like the Vol Navy, just like the Vol Walk, just like the 'Power T.' So when we looked at it, it was how can we continue to move forward. As you know, in the world of recruiting this is the world we live in.

If it gets the players fired up and helps us win 1 more game or gain an advantage with a potential recruit, I am all for it.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't care for it, but it could have been much worse. At least gray is being used as a neutral background color -- more like a different canvas for the orange. If it will get the kids excited, then it's not all bad, I guess. I would just prefer we stick to orange and white. One man's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

Agreed, but I do like the other new uniforms that were released a few weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 person
I love them. Of course like everything else in the world, with my input, they would have been even better. But these work for me.

It's the same thing as Nike's Flywire material they're putting into a lot of their uniforms. They claim it increases performance, but I think it's just an aesthetic thing.

Did Adidas give everyone a choice? Nike didn't force the Flywire collars on the more traditional programs, including some in the NFL.

Did Adidas give everyone a choice? Nike didn't force the Flywire collars on the more traditional programs, including some in the NFL.

I haven't heard, but according to DeerPark, the tread marks aren't very visible unless in the right lighting or if you're right up to them. So I don't think it will be very noticeable on the field.

rw6z29.jpg

Must agree with above. Black helmet with orange Power T would look awesome. GO VOLS, heck I dont care if you wear T shirts, just win !!!!!! :clapping::clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
YEEEEEEHAAAAAW!!!!!! We done got us a Confederate Gray UNIFORM!!!! Boom! I love it! Hurray for Dixie!!!!! Hurray for TENNESSEE!!!!! Go Vols!!!!!

Reactions: 13 people

Pretty much. They do the same thing with a lot of their NBA and NCAA basketball jerseys.

I doubt its nearly as noticable in person or on TV.

VN Store

Back