Newt on Biden...hard to argue

Newt is right. Biden has done far more with a super divided Congress than anyone thought was possible. Including me.

There has always been an easy path for the GOP. Stick to the economy and national security, stay out of people's bedrooms, private lives, doctor's offices, and stop forcing personal religiosity on everyone. They would probably win every Presidency. But that isn't the GOP these days, so yeah.

I think he's wrong for saying that Republicans are underestimating Biden. I think they have Biden and D's in general pretty much nailed. The problem is that Republicans aren't interested in being better than Biden.

As Zepp says, this should be so easy. All you gotta do is talk about the economy and responsible government. You don't even have to do a great job on delivering that, but that's all you gotta do. But Republicans want to fight culture wars more than they want to win elections.

Newt is right. Biden has done far more with a super divided Congress than anyone thought was possible. Including me.

There has always been an easy path for the GOP. Stick to the economy and national security, stay out of people's bedrooms, private lives, doctor's offices, and stop forcing personal religiosity on everyone. They would probably win every Presidency. But that isn't the GOP these days, so yeah.
I see this claim with everyone when their party is in control of the Presidency. What has he accomplished despite the "super divided Congress"? Be specific?

I see this claim with everyone when their party is in control of the Presidency. What has he accomplished despite the "super divided Congress"? Be specific?

Between congress and EOs Biden has gotten much of his agenda enacted and in politics that’s a success. It doesn’t matter how bad or good that agenda is.

The next few months and what’s uncovered or covered by the House committee could change that narrative quickly.

Between congress and EOs Biden has gotten much of his agenda enacted and in politics that’s a success. It doesn’t matter how bad or good that agenda is.
What through congress? Obviously both parties were all on board with F'ing us with covid payment lunacy, but what else?

Super divided Congress is a thing, like VP has had to break a few ties.

Whether or not you like it, and I'm sure you won't, it is hard to say Biden hasn't been an effective POTUS: ARP, Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, IRA, some stuff on gun reform, CHIPS, Ukraine funding, protections for females in the workplace, probably some other stuff I am missing. Oh student loan stuff, depending on the courts.

That's a pretty busy two years...

Reactions: Hunerwadel
The next few months and what’s uncovered or covered by the House committee could change that narrative quickly.

If the GOP focuses on revenge to appease an increasingly narrow base it will set itself back even more than it did last month running on a whining platform.

What through congress? Obviously both parties were all on board with F'ing us with covid payment lunacy, but what else?

He got what is essentially the New Green Deal through congress in the guise of the Inflation Reduction Act, the American Rescue Plan and the Infrastructure Investment Act. These are major pieces of legislation that we will be feeling for years to come.

Reactions: AM64
Super divided Congress is a thing, like VP has had to break a few ties.

Whether or not you like it, and I'm sure you won't, it is hard to say Biden hasn't been an effective POTUS: ARP, Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, IRA, some stuff on gun reform, CHIPS, Ukraine funding, protections for females in the workplace, probably some other stuff I am missing. Oh student loan stuff, depending on the courts.

That's a pretty busy two years...
ARP is crap and both parties are definitely responsible. The only thing we have going for us there is that the rest of the world has devalued their currency as well.

CHIPS is what I would hang my hat on if I was Biden. That is the only thing that has been done that will benefit this country in the last several years. Student loans was EO and the rest of the list it crap.

I'm not against anything Biden does so long as it benefits the American people.

If the GOP focuses on revenge to appease an increasingly narrow base it will set itself back even more than it did last month running on a whining platform.

You mean expose corruption by the current administration with documented evidence verses a phone call and facial expressions.

Biden is winning against the russians and their comrades. I agree he has VASTLY outdone my expectations. I had pretty low expectations for him. And yeah, all the republicans have to do is separate themselves from the GQP. People just don't have a better option. He is going to trounce anyone from "the new russia, deal with it" floriduh. Quit being assholes, and criminals. Guess why desatan pulled that 2 billion? It's to cover the 2 B of floriduhs money he had in russian banks! DUH.

He got what is essentially the New Green Deal through congress in the guise of the Inflation Reduction Act, the American Rescue Plan and the Infrastructure Investment Act. These are major pieces of legislation that we will be feeling for years to come.
You wallet will feel the pain.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Weren't those both 50/50? I took what he said as though Biden was able to work with both parties to get his agenda through. I agree we will be feeling the results of the legislation and I don't think most people have a clue what is coming.

Weren't those both 50/50? I took what he said as though Biden was able to work with both parties to get his agenda through. I agree we will be feeling the results of the legislation and I don't think most people have a clue what is coming.

I took his remarks as simply getting his agenda passed.

With the help of 10 to 12 RINO Republicucks in the Senate (including their leader) and about 25 in the House (including their leader). It’s going to take a while for the purge.

Crossing party lines should be expected and celebrated. Neither party has all the answers vote your conscience.

Newt also predicted a huge Red Wave in the midterms

At the outset of the interview, Gingrich predicted the congressional midterms would amount to a red wave for the GOP in both chambers, and he pointed to the key political problem the Democrats face in the closing weeks of the midterm elections, saying about the Biden administration's response to the key national issues of crime and inflation, "And I think that's part of what's characterized where we are right now is that the team in charge can't actually explain that this is all working, and that gives them a real challenge about what to campaign on."

Newt Gingrich Joins Premise CEO Maury Blackman's Great Minds Think Data Podcast, Predicts Red Wave for Republicans in 2022 Midterms

VN Store

Back