Newt on Biden...hard to argue

Newt is right. Biden has done far more with a super divided Congress than anyone thought was possible. Including me.

There has always been an easy path for the GOP. Stick to the economy and national security, stay out of people's bedrooms, private lives, doctor's offices, and stop forcing personal religiosity on everyone. They would probably win every Presidency. But that isn't the GOP these days, so yeah.

This and this, Zep.

Biden is winning against the russians and their comrades. I agree he has VASTLY outdone my expectations. I had pretty low expectations for him. And yeah, all the republicans have to do is separate themselves from the GQP. People just don't have a better option. He is going to trounce anyone from "the new russia, deal with it" floriduh. Quit being assholes, and criminals. Guess why desatan pulled that 2 billion? It's to cover the 2 B of floriduhs money he had in russian banks! DUH.
Is he? Has the war in Ukraine ceased and we stopped giving them billions? Asking for a nation of taxpayers.

Newt is right. Biden has done far more with a super divided Congress than anyone thought was possible. Including me.

There has always been an easy path for the GOP. Stick to the economy and national security, stay out of people's bedrooms, private lives, doctor's offices, and stop forcing personal religiosity on everyone. They would probably win every Presidency. But that isn't the GOP these days, so yeah.
Except that he's had a majority in Congress so it's not so divided.

Reactions: AM64
Super divided Congress is a thing, like VP has had to break a few ties.

Whether or not you like it, and I'm sure you won't, it is hard to say Biden hasn't been an effective POTUS: ARP, Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, IRA, some stuff on gun reform, CHIPS, Ukraine funding, protections for females in the workplace, probably some other stuff I am missing. Oh student loan stuff, depending on the courts.

That's a pretty busy two years...
I think he's done well so far countering PRC hegemony and bleeding Russia in the Ukraine. Other than that he's a poor excuse for a president. We've had several of those lately.

If the GOP could just get back to focusing on policy issues and leave the dog whistles and culture wars to the Dems and extremist progressives they’d control both houses of Congress and the WH in 2024. But no they’ve decided political dodge ball is more fun.
I think most, if not all are compromised and do the bidding of the deep state (who really run the show). Our country is doomed.

If the GOP could just get back to focusing on policy issues and leave the dog whistles and culture wars to the Dems and extremist progressives they’d control both houses of Congress and the WH in 2024. But no they’ve decided political dodge ball is more fun.
GOP=decent economic policy
GOP=gay dude walking down the street

GOP=groomer! pedophile! mental illness! Force Christian prayer in schools! Make it illegal to say "i'm gay". We should be more like Qatar! (actual VolNation Politics poster).

This is why you fail. No one likes theocracy, or autocracy.

GOP=groomer! pedophile! mental illness! Force Christian prayer in schools! Make it illegal to say "i'm gay". We should be more like Qatar! (actual VolNation Politics poster).

I’m not disagreeing with you zep. Climbing down in the mud pit and sticking it to the Libs was fun for a while but it solves absolutely nothing policy wise.

The GOP has a decent economic policy? Both parties' policy is to spend like drunken sailors and print more money, the American people be damned.

Reactions: BennesseeVols

It’s always been the GOP. Drug war escalations, regular war escalations, boycotting Disney for giving same sex couples the basic decency of insurance benefits. But it’s also the Dem party too. Take out their fake support for gays, their real support for abortion rights and their fake outrage about climate change and they separated immigrant children and drone striked innocent brown people too. It’s why Hilary and Bill always look so friendly with the Bushes. They genuinely like each other. You get a small government Republican who’s really a libertarian and just lying so he can get elected and it’s ballgame.

Literally the nutshell.

The GOP has a decent economic policy? Both parties' policy is to spend like drunken sailors and print more money, the American people be damned.
Hang on. Weren’t you literally just lobbying for government paying 100% of the cost of healthcare?

The next few months and what’s uncovered or covered by the House committee could change that narrative quickly.
If they do it in a few months they're not doing it right. They have to chip away around the edges and then about mid summer '24 drill into the mother lode.

If they do it in a few months they're not doing it right. They have to chip away around the edges and then about mid summer '24 drill into the mother lode.

If they don’t it’ll be a rough time in ‘24 for those up for re-election .

50-50 in the Senate seems pretty divided to me...

Not really when there are several RINOs in the mix. You automatically know which "republicans" are going to defect because they do it repeatedly.

VN Store

Back