Newt on Biden...hard to argue

As a medicare recipient, screw all of you kids that want to suck off of my teat. I paid my exorbitant monthly payments for health insurance, so suck it up and pay yours too until you're old and decrepit. All the people clamoring for M4A just want a free ride because they're too damn cheap to pay their own way.

GOP=decent economic policy
GOP=gay dude walking down the street

GOP=groomer! pedophile! mental illness! Force Christian prayer in schools! Make it illegal to say "i'm gay". We should be more like Qatar! (actual VolNation Politics poster).

This is why you fail. No one likes theocracy, or autocracy.
They’re stuck. Look around this forum. Conservative figures who don’t go in for the culture war stuff are lampooned and posters defend people like Greene and Boebert. Look at what our “small government” posters say about Boebert and look at what they say about John Roberts.

The GOP knows their voters don’t actually want a limited, fiscally conservative government. Having the freedom to live how they want isn’t good enough, they want the government to force other people to live the way conservatives want. They’re reminded in nearly every single primary.

The GOP think they have more to lose by pivoting back to fiscal responsibility and small government and the way people here talk about “establishment” republicans shows that they’re probably right.

Last edited:
He got what is essentially the New Green Deal through congress in the guise of the Inflation Reduction Act, the American Rescue Plan and the Infrastructure Investment Act. These are major pieces of legislation that we will be feeling for years to come.
Legislation that we will be reeling from for years to come.

They’re stuck. Look around this forum. Conservative figures who don’t go in for the culture war stuff are lampooned and posters defend people like Greene and Boebert. Look at what our “small government” posters say about Boebert and look at what they say about John Roberts.

The GOP knows their voters don’t actually want a limited, fiscally conservative government. Having the freedom to life how they want isn’t good enough, they want the government to force other people to live the way they want. They’re reminded in nearly every single primary.

They think they have more to lose by pivoting back to fiscal responsibility and small government and the way people here talk about “establishment” republicans shows that they’re probably right.

LOL

I bet that sounded good in your head as you typed it.

Reactions: Orangeburst
If the GOP focuses on revenge to appease an increasingly narrow base it will set itself back even more than it did last month running on a whining platform.
Lol. Revenge insinuates a wrong from the other side. And you’re correct

Newt is right. Biden has done far more with a super divided Congress than anyone thought was possible. Including me.

There has always been an easy path for the GOP. Stick to the economy and national security, stay out of people's bedrooms, private lives, doctor's offices, and stop forcing personal religiosity on everyone. They would probably win every Presidency. But that isn't the GOP these days, so yeah.

No ignorant kid, people don't want babies being murder and parent don't want k5 kids learning that sodomy sex is good. Biden has done nothing, his media has basically covered every aspect for the fool

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Sure Joe is winning personally, Winning is subjective and our nation is losing.

Yeah, the country is paying way more for stuff. We have trannies getting tax payer money to dance next to kids. Yeah, the country isn't doing well

Hahaha.
How'd all that "winning" work out for the country during cult leader's term??
Till he f$&@ed up and listened to the morons around him in NIH and CDC at the start of COVID it was actually working out pretty damn great and it’s idiotic to try and claim otherwise based on the economic data.

Last edited:
Dude LG makes more sense than you most of the time.

This kind of comment lacks any sting when coming from a guy who thinks republicans haven’t run on morality since the ‘80’s, that there are Tennessee constitutional provisions that would still be unenforced if the Supreme Court weren’t blocking them, and that Paul Pelosi hired a prostitute because there’s no way an intruder could get into a random neighborhood where the Pelosi’s don’t even live, just to name a few.

At least LG is bad at predicting future events, you’ve got a worse track record with things you could easily look up.

Hahaha.
How'd all that "winning" work out for the country during cult leader's term??
It worked out great. Roaring economy of historic proportions, border security, world peace, strengthened military, lower taxes, etc. Hell, companies were tripping over each other giving big bonuses to celebrate Trump's election long before he even took office.

It worked out great. Roaring economy of historic proportions, border security, world peace, strengthened military, lower taxes, etc. Hell, companies were tripping over each other giving big bonuses to celebrate Trump's election long before he even took office.
Haha.
Worked out so great that he is one of only three presidents to not be re-elected since 1932, and the only one to be impeached twice.
“Gonna win so much that you’ll get tired of winning!!”
LMAO

Dude LG makes more sense than you most of the time.

It's lawyer logic and very convoluted ... apparently it makes sense only to them and only in very narrow contexts. I had a lawyer as a business partner once - very interesting mix actually - lawyer, CPA, and an engineer. Anyway we'd discuss some things, and Rocky Top's analyses often sound familiar. We might actually like these guys in most settings, but fortunately we definitely don't think like them. It's why legal opinions rarely seem to make much sense; their basis for legal analyses has absolutely nothing to do with how the rest of the world thinks and operates - just abstract thought based on the nonsense courts prior to them made law. All you can say is WTF and move on.

No ignorant kid, people don't want babies being murder and parent don't want k5 kids learning that sodomy sex is good. Biden has done nothing, his media has basically covered every aspect for the fool

Actually, that's not true. That's a big reason why the GOP struggled this election. The majority of Americans are for some allowance of abortion. Only 37% want it banned in "most" cases, forget about "all."

And your framing of these conversations reflects poorly on your intellect and there is a lot of this going on with the right (much moreso than in the past, IMO) and it's a big reason why your position in these culture wars is so detrimental to winning elections.

Reactions: zeppelin128
It's lawyer logic and very convoluted ... apparently it makes sense only to them and only in very narrow contexts. I had a lawyer as a business partner once - very interesting mix actually - lawyer, CPA, and an engineer. Anyway we'd discuss some things, and Rocky Top's analyses often sound familiar. We might actually like these guys in most settings, but fortunately we definitely don't think like them. It's why legal opinions rarely seem to make much sense; their basis for legal analyses has absolutely nothing to do with how the rest of the world thinks and operates - just abstract thought based on the nonsense courts prior to them made law. All you can say is WTF and move on.

Paying attention to what is actually happening in the primaries and what people on this forum have to say = lawyer logic.

Can’t make this **** up.

He uses theocracy all the time. You just haven't seen it.
Just as much as they do not accept religion being shoved down their throat, I dont support their agenda. being shoved down mine.
20 years ago, we did not have this problem..only taking it to the some social acceptance level that they keep pushing, makes them as aggregiuos as the pastor on the street that they lament.
And hitching homosexuality to tranny promotion, genital mutilation of children, all this BS gender non sense..well that is a line that I will stand against.
Key difference is that no one is trying to make religious people a second-class citizen, whereas the ample theocrats in the GOP and on this board are trying to do just that to a group of people they despise.

Interesting how you like the dichotomy of 20 years ago, when the only state that recognized civil unions (not even marriages) was Vermont, Don't Ask Don't Tell was still a thing, and LGBTQ+ folks were treated as less than their fellow citizens. "If they just would have kept their mouth shut and hid in the closet, everything would be great!"

I don't think recognition of trans folks is promotion, just acknowledgement that they exist. I also don't think any irreversible surgery should be allowed pre-18, but that seems to be the case already (from what I've read, top surgery is a thing for 16+ in some countries/states, but unusual). And gender has always been a spectrum. Always will be.

Last edited:
Oh I’m not disagreeing with you on the stance of those issues I’m just stating government, at least at the federal level, should largely be silent on most of this stuff. That goes for advocating for OR against it. Both parties need to shut the hell up and butt out.
State government should be silent on it as well. Don't want to get gay married? Don't get gay married. Pretty simple.

VN Store

Back