Next game (Links): NCAAT - Sunday 3/31/2024 (2:20pm CBS) Purdue

The Alabama state song is „Stars Fell on Alabama“. Tonight’s, Knecht and company are going to rewrite the lyrics to „Threes Fell on Alabama“ 😉

Davis showed his hand and bias being a AL grad by not not including us in the last football poll at the end of the season after the bowl games... the guy literally left us off the top 25 and kept Iowa in at 17... Jim Mora (Uconn) did the same thing...

Announcers should not be able to do alma mater stuff like this press conference...

Davis showed his hand and bias being a AL grad by not not including us in the last football poll at the end of the season after the bowl games... the guy literally left us off the top 25 and kept Iowa in at 17... Jim Mora (Uconn) did the same thing...

Announcers should not be able to do alma mater stuff like this press conference...

It’s so unprofessional and childish.

I won’t be very disappointed if Tennessee loses a competitive game to Alabama tonight because it’s a realistic outcome in a challenging road game, and because realistically Tennessee can still have a great regular season even if they lost to the 14th ranked Alabama team tonight.

Last edited:
I won’t be very disappointed if Tennessee loses a competitive game to Alabama tonight because it’s a realistic outcome in a challenging road game, and because realistically Tennessee can still have a great regular season even if they lost to the 14th ranked Alabama team tonight.

Does this actually work for you ? How many times do you have to repeat this in the mirror?

I need a new therapist ….

Reactions: walkenvol
Does this actually work for you ? How many times do you have to repeat this in the mirror?

I need a new therapist ….

Yes because it’s achievable not a pipe dream.
None because a great regular season is still very likely even if Alabama defeats Tennessee tonight.

I mean imagine havin to look up just see herb-sucks worthless ass. Thank God I ain’t Gump!!

TN 13-3
Bama 12-4
USCjr 12-4
KY 11-5
Barn 11-5
FL 10-6

TN: at USCjr, v KY
Bama: at FL, v Ark
USCjr: v TN, at MSU
KY: v Vandy, at TN
FL: v Bama, at Vandy
Barn: at Mizz, v GA

Tuesday:
Bama at FL
Barn at Mizz

Wednesday:
UT at USCjr
Vandy at KY

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what Barnes does to counter the back to the basket bully ball in the paint that was so difficult to stop at the TBA. And is USCjr going to dictate the tempo again?

That was a really frustrating game to watch.

Reactions: ColinS
Glad someone has turned the page. Beating Bama was awesome, but I’m ready for revenge over SC and clinching at least a share of the SEC.

This one will be tough, especially in Columbia. But Barnes teams are typically successful in rematches. We need our bigs to stay out of foul trouble. The version of Aidoo and Awaka that SC saw in the first game is not what they are now. In fact, that could be said about the entire Tennessee team. As good as South Carolina has been this year, Tennessee lost the first game because they played terribly. Missed a ton of wide-open shots.

Also, DK doesn’t usually have two off games in a row. I’d expect him to have a good game, unless SC throws a double team at him every time he touches, in which case, others will be open and he’ll find them.

I think Tennessee wins a close one and our bigs are the difference.

Glad someone has turned the page. Beating Bama was awesome, but I’m ready for revenge over SC and clinching at least a share of the SEC.

This one will be tough, especially in Columbia. But Barnes teams are typically successful in rematches. We need our bigs to stay out of foul trouble. The version of Aidoo and Awaka that SC saw in the first game is not what they are now. In fact, that could be said about the entire Tennessee team. As good as South Carolina has been this year, Tennessee lost the first game because they played terribly. Missed a ton of wide-open shots.

Also, DK doesn’t usually have two off games in a row. I’d expect him to have a good game, unless SC throws a double team at him every time he touches, in which case, others will be open and he’ll find them.

This one doesn't come at a great time for us. Coming off a huge, emotional win against a bitter rival. A let down is really very normal. It's also against a very physical, slow paced SCjr team. Not the kind of team we usually do well against. Plus, SCjr is having one of "those years". They just believe and are super confident especially at their place. Know it's kind of crazy to call them a "trap game" given what's on the line and their record, but this is definitely one of those. All that plus the SEC regular season is right there for us to take.....nah, I just don't see us winning this one.

This one doesn't come at a great time for us. Coming off a huge, emotional win against a bitter rival. A let down is really very normal. It's also against a very physical, slow paced SCjr team. Not the kind of team we usually do well against. Plus, SCjr is having one of "those years". They just believe and are super confident especially at their place. Know it's kind of crazy to call them a "trap game" given what's on the line and their record, but this is definitely one of those. All that plus the SEC regular season is right there for us to take.....nah, I just don't see us winning this one.
At this point, keep being you. The reverse jinx seems to be working well.

If Tennessee won all the games you expected Tennessee to win, the Vols would be sitting at 0-29 right now. :p

I’m shocked by this take

Reactions: walkenvol
I’m shocked by this take
Agreed. 2 games left in the season. Win both games and we win the conference out right. Chance to redeem an earlier loss this year. Veteran team with an 8 man rotation of (3) 5th year seniors, (4) juniors, and (1) sophomore. Can’t imagine the scenario where this team overlooks SC. JMO,

I forgot about that part. TN must have left more than a dozen points out there with all of those missed bunnies. Another reason, along with the slow pace and USCjr’s low post backing down our defenders to the rim, that that was a really frustrating game to watch.

Maybe that performance and the desire to prove it wasn’t TN’s normal this year will help to avoid the let down.

Let’s take the drama out of the SEC race and wrap it up early.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back