Next game (Links): NCAAT - Sunday 3/31/2024 (2:20pm CBS) Purdue

I’m guessing that the game plan for Vandy will be for Santi to shoot a lot. See if he can get on track before the late run of high level opponents and the tournaments.

A criticism that Barnes had after the TXAM loss was that the game plan wasn’t followed. He was happy that the players stuck with it versus Arkansas.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Still a shot at the number on seed in a bracket. Everytime we get almost there we shoot ourself in the foot. Win the rest and maybe were back to consideration.

Was nice to see us get out to an early lead to get the benchwarmers some minutes and keep our starters fresh for a Tuesday turnaround.

Marvin West:

Tennessee is not that good (PU, UConn, ‘76 IU) but on good days, it is competitive. That’s the story of these Volunteers. They have wonderful potential but sometimes it runs away and hides.

The defining period is fast approaching. It does not include Tuesday evening at Missouri. If the Tigers upend the Volunteers, all bets are off. A white flag would be more appropriate than the orange one.

Missouri is gritty but 0-12 against Southeastern Conference foes. If you are into comparisons of scores, the Tigers were much better at Texas A&M than were the Volunteers but they lost in Columbia by 24 to Mississippi State.

We know from experience that 0-12, even including the loss to Vanderbilt, does not guarantee a free pass for Tennessee. It will have to show up.

Far more challenging, more serious, is what remains of the schedule – the Aggies and Auburn at Food City Center, very risky trips to Alabama and South Carolina and the rematch with Kentucky in Knoxville.

Last edited:
utsports dot com

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The University of Tennessee announced Wednesday that its men's basketball contest Saturday versus Texas A&M will be the annual "Checker" Food City Center Game.
Food City, in its continuing commitment to Tennessee athletics as a 27-year partner, is teaming with Reese's to provide fans in the lower bowl, including students, with orange and white shirts, depending on seat location.
The game is sold out and fans can find the color designation for their seat at UTsports.com/checker. Fans are encouraged to arrive early, with doors slated to open at 6:30 p.m. for an 8 p.m. tipoff.
Over 10,000 fans will have the chance to sample the new Reese's Caramel Big Cup and receive a coupon to purchase more at Food City, the official supermarket of Tennessee Athletics. Additionally, one of the prizes for the on-court "Rocky Top Rollover" is a year of chocolate, a Reese's Big Caramel Cup for each day, if a fan hits a half-court shot.
The matchup between fifth-ranked Tennessee (20-6, 10-3 SEC) and Texas A&M (15-11, 6-7 SEC) will be televised live on ESPN. It is the sixth of eight sellouts at Food City Center this season, a new arena record for the Volunteers.
Fans can follow Food City on social media at @FoodCity and can follow Reese's at @Reeses.
To keep up with the University of Tennessee men's basketball team on social media, follow @Vol_Hoops on Instagram and X/Twitter, as well as /tennesseebasketball on Facebook.

Just an observation here, but have we played up to our potential and peaked as of yet? I see glimpses of brilliance and then I see us show up almost lethargic.
I say this not to be critical, but to point that historically Barnes team always seem to come out early and look like world beaters and fade late season and exit early in the tournament. We haven’t gotten or seen SV or JJJ at all consistent so far, so maybe we could just peak and play potentially our best basketball late season and make a run. We have the talent and the depth and one can only hope and dream this could be our year.
All this being said, I hope I just didn’t come here and jinx us!! 😂😂

Just an observation here, but have we played up to our potential and peaked as of yet? I see glimpses of brilliance and then I see us show up almost lethargic.
I say this not to be critical, but to point that historically Barnes team always seem to come out early and look like world beaters and fade late season and exit early in the tournament. We haven’t gotten or seen SV or JJJ at all consistent so far, so maybe we could just peak and play potentially our best basketball late season and make a run. We have the talent and the depth and one can only hope and dream this could be our year.
All this being said, I hope I just didn’t come here and jinx us!! 😂😂

I think we’ve played up to our potential, but just haven’t been able to string those games together. I’m thinking there’s a good chance that this upperclassman heavy team will figure it out down the stretch. Knecht, although often unstoppable, had to have been disruptive. Especially with ZZ not being able to get much work in during the offseason.

VN Store

Back