Neyland Renovations, what should be next???

PeytonBerry

Hubbs recently said Neyland renovations would be the "next big project" on campus. According to the Neyland Stadium master plan on the Tennessee Fund website, the next phase would include the following:

1. Renovation of the south and east concourses, restrooms and concession stands
2. Replacement of Gate 10 ramp with stair towers and additional elevator service
3. Creation of Gate 10 entry plaza

While the current plan would be really nice, I wish they would invest in an entry plaza on the river side. There are some outdated engineering buildings there that could be torn down to make the space. River access is one of the most defining features of Neyland, and yet the view from that side is awful. What do you think?

neyland.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Here were the rendering for the final phase of the Neyland Master Plan that I saw a while back.

Attachments

• image11301.png
    image11301.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 338
Reactions: 11 people
Hubbs recently said Neyland renovations would be the "next big project" on campus. According to the Neyland Stadium master plan on the Tennessee Fund website, the next phase would include the following:

Visiting team fans know how the stadium probably looked in the 50's. Very impressive for those enjoying the past.

Reactions: 1 person
Putting in any kind of halfway decent field would be a nice idea.

i can remember back to the 'astroturf is awful, we need real grass' arguments... we were one of the first to go back to real grass if im not mistaken.

2. Replacement of Gate 10 ramp with stair towers and additional elevator service

While the current plan would be really nice, I wish they would invest in an entry plaza on the river side. There are some outdated engineering buildings there that could be torn down to make the space. River access is one of the most defining features of Neyland, and yet the view from that side is awful. What do you think?

View attachment 102953

The issue is that those "outdated" engineering buildings are all in use. So if you tore them down to "make space" then you would have to build more buildings somewhere else and there isn't exactly and over abundance of space in and around campus that would be suitable for those buildings go be placed.

Reactions: 3 people
I would like a jumbotron for the north endzone as well. not as big. Also, from an aesthetic view, I would remove/update the cover for the north upper deck.

Reactions: 2 people
So my season tickets are in X1 but we took friends to the game for SC and we sat in M. I have to say how surprised I was with how different the fan experience is on that side of the stadium. They need to start those renovations the day after the Vandy game.

Please for the love of everything holy...
Update and make larger the men's bathrooms outside the west sideline...standing in line for twenty min. Is a bunch of bull..

Reactions: 3 people

View attachment 102953

If you want to fix the view tear down G10.

Don't look for anything anytime soon. The reason that the athletic budget is in such bad shape because of all the money they wasted on the changes on the west side and the north end.

I think one of these days, we'll have a nice place to watch football......

Attachments

• neylandrennovate.png
    neylandrennovate.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 604

View attachment 102953

Give it time and this will probably happen. I was on campus earlier this year for the first time in five years and was SHOCKED I tell ya to see all that has been torn down with new monster buildings replacing them all.

Heck, between all the campus expansion and downtown KTown growth, one might think that Knoxville is an up and coming serious destination now!!....

VN Store

Back