NFL MVP Poll 2016 - Tom Brady still at the top, Aaron Rodgers cracks top five

1) Brady
2) Carr
3) Elliot
4) Ryan
5) Rodgers
6) Stafford
7) Prescott

Well, clearly stats are irrelevant and the only thing that matters are the amount of wins. Derek Carr? I mean really? His passer rating isn't even above 100, and is 20 points less than Matt. Not to mention the Falcons won at Oakland earlier in the year.

Brady being at the top is a complete joke. His team was 3-1 with scrubs and it's not like he's leading the league in yards/game, TDs/game, comp %, YPA, etc.

Yeah, he's the best player in the league, but that's not the same thing as MVP of the regular season.

Brady being at the top is a complete joke. His team was 3-1 with scrubs and it's not like he's leading the league in yards/game, TDs/game, comp %, YPA, etc.

Yeah, he's the best player in the league, but that's not the same thing as MVP of the regular season.

Not to mention the Patriots currently have the #1 defense in the NFL in PPG. There are some people out there who ONLY look at wins and losses, and somehow think one player is the ONLY reason for a teams overall success.

Let's say Vinatieri misses both of those game winning super bowl field goals, and the opposing offenses essentially sealed the deal that day and Brady never wins his first two super bowls. And let's just say the Seahawks run it up the middle and score a touchdown and the Seahawks win that Super Bowl as well. Rather than being 4-2 in Super Bowls, he is 1-5. Now obviously it didn't happen, but if it did happen, we would probably not be considering Brady one of the best players of all time. In fact, you would have idiots who would even call him a "choker". But under that scenario, he had literally the same identical career, and the only difference in history were those few plays. It's remarkable how just a few plays by other teammates can ultimately affect your legacy for the good or bad. Brady is obviously a hall of famer regardless of what happened in those previous Super Bowls, but this is just an example how stupid it is to base individual success on team awards.

1) Brady
2) Carr
3) Elliot
4) Ryan
5) Rodgers
6) Stafford
7) Prescott

Well, clearly stats are irrelevant and the only thing that matters are the amount of wins. Derek Carr? I mean really? His passer rating isn't even above 100, and is 20 points less than Matt. Not to mention the Falcons won at Oakland earlier in the year.

Falcons OL won OL of the week...guess that hurts Ryan's chances. :)

Not to mention the Patriots currently have the #1 defense in the NFL in PPG. There are some people out there who ONLY look at wins and losses, and somehow think one player is the ONLY reason for a teams overall success.

Let's say Vinatieri misses both of those game winning super bowl field goals, and the opposing offenses essentially sealed the deal that day and Brady never wins his first two super bowls. And let's just say the Seahawks run it up the middle and score a touchdown and the Seahawks win that Super Bowl as well. Rather than being 4-2 in Super Bowls, he is 1-5. Now obviously it didn't happen, but if it did happen, we would probably not be considering Brady one of the best players of all time. In fact, you would have idiots who would even call him a "choker". But under that scenario, he had literally the same identical career, and the only difference in history were those few plays. It's remarkable how just a few plays by other teammates can ultimately affect your legacy for the good or bad. Brady is obviously a hall of famer regardless of what happened in those previous Super Bowls, but this is just an example how stupid it is to base individual success on team awards.

You mean 4-5.

1) Brady
2) Carr
3) Elliot
4) Ryan
5) Rodgers
6) Stafford
7) Prescott

I would vote Ryan too. My top 3 are probably Ryan, Elliott and Stafford

Falcons OL won OL of the week...guess that hurts Ryan's chances. :)

They are definitely much better than last year with the addition of Mack at center. They are a top 5 run blocking offensive line. But their pass blocking is pretty average, although much better than in years past in which they were just awful. Bad offensive lines can just ruin careers for quarterbacks.

I have David Johnson in my personal top 10 now. I didn't have him there all year until my recent thinking & looking at things. I would place him #8th on my list but I still have to keep Ezekiel Elliott ahead of him on a team that's much better in my Cowboys. :wink: I don't have Elliott as my NFL MVP though even as a Cowboys fan. He's around #3rd or #4th.

My new & updated top 10 for the 2016 NFL MVP race heading into the final 2 games of the regular season:

1. Matt Ryan (QB Falcons)
  2. Tom Brady (QB Pats)
  3. Derek Carr (QB Raiders)
  4. Ezekiel Elliott (RB Cowboys)
  5. Matthew Stafford (QB Lions)
  6. Aaron Rodgers (QB Packers)
  7. Dak Prescott (QB Cowboys)
  8. Antonio Brown (WR Steelers)
  9. Le'Veon Bell (RB Steelers)
  10. David Johnson (RB Cards)

His numbers are a bit inflated - he gets a couple extra dump receptions against prevent D nearly every game because his team is behind. 109 targets doesn't happen if they are 12-2.

Well, Zeke wouldn't have 310 carries already if they were trailing all the time. Works both ways.

DJ should be a candidate, but won't be until his team is good. Bell, DJ, Elliott and McCoy (when healthy) are all just ridiculously good players.

VN Store

Back