NFL 16-17 MVP Race

Fun Facts

The Falcons are the only team in NFL history to have 10 players catch at least 2 touchdowns in a season.

Matt Ryan is the only quarterback in NFL history to pass to 13 different receivers in a season for a touchdown.

David Johnson, with whatever chance you had at MVP, that is now absolutely zero after that awful awful awful fumble. I mean just terrible.

No one is going to talk about Matts effiecient day, if anything people are going to talk about another dominant patriots win and Aaron Rodgers performance.

I'm going to be upset if Rodgers wins the MVP because "his numbers look good" despite the fact that he played like crap for the first half of the season

Reactions: 1 person
After today's game, Matt Ryan is currently ahead of 2013 Peyton Manning in passer rating, putting him at 4th all time in NFL history for a quarterback with at least 400+ attempts in a season.

Matt Ryan is having the quietest elite year in NFL history.

But Aaron Rodgers winning 6 in row and making the playoffs makes for a much better story. Despite being subpar for half the year.

Dak just made a jump in my personal top 10 NFL MVP race. I had him 7th. Now, I have moved him to 5th on my list. What a game he had tonight.

Let's be honest, if Rodgers had Ryan's numbers and was about to get a first round bye, this MVP award wouldn't even be up for discussion.

Quick note,

Since Brady has returned, the Pats are 10-1, but keep in mind that they have only played two playoff teams within that span. The Seahawks and the Steelers. The Patriots beat the Steelers, but the Steelers were without Big Ben. The Patriots lost at home to the Seahawks and Brady threw 1 INT and 0 touchdown passes.

If they do not beat the Dolphins this week, I do not see how you award an MVP award to a player who missed the first 4 games of the season for allegedly cheating, is second in passer rating to his main competition who has played a full season, and did not beat a single playoff team during the regular season outside of a Big Benless Steelers squad.

Quick note,

Since Brady has returned, the Pats are 10-1, but keep in mind that they have only played two playoff teams within that span. The Seahawks and the Steelers. The Patriots beat the Steelers, but the Steelers were without Big Ben. The Patriots lost at home to the Seahawks and Brady threw 1 INT and 0 touchdown passes.

If they do not beat the Dolphins this week, I do not see how you award an MVP award to a player who missed the first 4 games of the season for allegedly cheating, is second in passer rating to his main competition who has played a full season, and did not beat a single playoff team during the regular season outside of a Big Benless Steelers squad.

I agree with you. However, I do have him 2nd on my MVP list but probably should take him out on your basis alone. :good!:

I find it ironic how some people eliminate Carr for missing a game or two due to injury, yet still consider Brady a legitimate contender for MVP despite missing 4.

I find it ironic how some people eliminate Carr for missing a game or two due to injury, yet still consider Brady a legitimate contender for MVP despite missing 4.

I agree with you on this too but Carr probably won't win it now with the injury. I say it's Matt Ryan all the way but they have to make the playoffs in my opinion. If not, it's going to be Ezekiel Elliott or Aaron Rodgers I believe. Dak might slide in there too.

I agree with you on this too but Carr probably won't win it now with the injury. I say it's Matt Ryan all the way but they have to make the playoffs in my opinion. If not, it's going to be Ezekiel Elliott or Aaron Rodgers I believe. Dak might slide in there too.

The Falcons are guaranteed to make the playoffs. I do think it'll help if they can keep the 2 seed and get a bye though

ATL is 1-5 when they don't score more than 32 points and 9-0 when they do.

Talk about pressure on the offense.

Was watching sportscenter and they went on to talk about how great of a year Matt Ryan is having, but then ended it on the note "but Tom Brady will most likely be the MVP". What does my man Matty Ice gotta do to get some recognition out here.

I mean the man has an identical passer rating to 2007 Brady, yet might actually end up losing to a worse version of Brady who only played 12 games 😂😂😂😂😂😒

The Media has been in love with Aaron Rodgers lately. It seems like more people are swaying in his direction due to the storyline and the recency effect. It really is a shame considering Matt Ryan had an even better game than Rodgers on Sunday, but no one was watching. Primetime exposure and name recognition make a huge difference.
Jason Whitlock mentioned how (between Ryan and Rodgers), only one of them played a meaningful game last Sunday. As if clinching a #2 seed isn't meaningful. Some people really just want to support their own narrative.

VN Store

Back