Nice analysis of NC State from Rob Lewis

The 'Pack will have a good offense; Grayson McCall can throw the ball, and is what; a 5th year player/starter and 3 time all SBC from Coastal? Quality RB's and Receivers. Tennessee should open as a 6 point favorite, should be lots of points. 38-34. VOLS

We should. I just think it will be a closer game than it should be, and a good kick in the pants that wakes up the team as a whole. I think we win by 10, but we should win by 21. I am afraid NC State will score more than we are comfortable with.
I can understand your reason and it is football so hopefully they're prepared to execute all the phases for 4 qtrs and not going through the motions. I believe the coaches will have them ready, they better.🍊🍊🍊

Reactions: njvols
I do believe, had Iowa played the backup QB, that score would have been VERY different in that game. He exhibited better passing skills, elusive running ability, and was giving our defense fits, but too late in the game.
I've heard both excuses: we only beat them because their starting QB got injured, and it was only so lopsided because their backup QB wasn't in for the whole game.

If one excuse doesn't sell, flip it over and try its opposite. Heh.

Gave one QB 2.5 quarters worth of opportunity, and the other 1.5 quarters, and they still--both of them--scored a big fat 0 points.

Go Vols!

The 'Pack will have a good offense; Grayson McCall can throw the ball, and is what; a 5th year player/starter and 3 time all SBC from Coastal? Quality RB's and Receivers. Tennessee should open as a 6 point favorite, should be lots of points. 38-34. VOLS

They also struggled to run the ball last year and really got no one of note in the portal on the OL. What do you think our upperclassmen loaded DL will do to their OL? If we give up 34 to a team that struggled that much on offense EVEN with McCall...we are in deep doo-doo

Reactions: memtownvol
Their OL was young last yr and most return, anchored by a preseason all American OT. The rest of the offense is gone but that transfer QB can sling it.

Their defense lost the two top tacklers from last year and have to replace a lot of other pieces.

I think we run the ball to keep their offense off the field and wear the defense down.

Vols by 14.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
They also struggled to run the ball last year and really got no one of note in the portal on the OL. What do you think our upperclassmen loaded DL will do to their OL? If we give up 34 to a team that struggled that much on offense EVEN with McCall...we are in deep doo-doo
It all depends on how the Vols' revamped secondary perform. McCall is a wily veteran and will do some things, even if pressured (which we all expect UT to do; and well) The score I gave is off the top hypothetical, I'd probable call it different 10 of 10 times. I'd love to see a blowout; but just have a feeling it will be pretty tight. Phil Steele's Power Ranking has UT @ 26, Ncst @ 34, just behind a much improved Auburn. Best wishes.

Reactions: FBtime and volmanNC
I can understand your reason and it is football so hopefully they're prepared to execute all the phases for 4 qtrs and not going through the motions. I believe the coaches will have them ready, they better.🍊🍊🍊
Agree...Non SEC teams aren't used to our pace and have a hard time adjusting. Maybe tight game thru half, but if we don't turn the ball over, I could see us winning by a couple TDs.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It will be interesting to see how Mccall fits the ncst offensive scheme. He was a perfect fit for Chadwells system at coastal, where he put up big numbers . he will not be asked to run as much in the ncst system. Without Chadwell last year he was not all that.

Last edited:
This is exactly the reason we should not be playing games like this. I like a lot of what Danny White has done, but not buying out this game was a giant mistake IMO. The SEC slate is already hard as it is, there's no reason to test ourselves even more with these tough OOC games. He needs to get on buying us out of the Syracuse and Nebraska games in the next few years since those teams seem like they are on the rise. Look at what Ole Miss and Mizzou have scheduled this year. Cakewalk schedules, but they if they go 10-2 they will be in the playoff. We need to get to 10-2 by any means possible.
Please tell me this is a joke. Our SEC schedule is not that tough. Our schedule overall isbt that tough. If we can’t handle NC St and fairly convincingly, then we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. I don’t want us EVER buying out of another game. We bought out the Army game and that was embarrassing enough.

Was at that Memphis unbelievable loss. A couple of factors took some of the fire out of Tennessee in that game, but we never should have lost that game. Al Wilson was injured ea in the game and did not return. We were sitting close to his mother and she was very upset with hid injury. At halftime, Al had called out Manning and the offense exicuted at about 30% of its potential all day. The play which broke the back of the game was a long punt return where it appeared that the returner ‘s knee was down and the return defense quit on the play. Memphis scored on that play and Tennessee never recovered. I still believe the punt returner was down, but the whistle never blew. That was the most disappointing lost I can remember with the loss to Wyoming in Knoxville being a close second. I understand the halftime locker room that day in Memphis was not a happy Gathering.
They did a replay of that return in today's replay climate that play would have been brought back. His knee touched and his elbow touched both should have brought a whistle but that was the old rules. So we lost by those rules.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
They did a replay of that return in today's replay climate that play would have been brought back. His knee touched and his elbow touched both should have brought a whistle but that was the old rules. So we lost by those rules.
FedX must have paid the officials.

Reactions: KTrain
Please tell me this is a joke. Our SEC schedule is not that tough. Our schedule overall isbt that tough. If we can’t handle NC St and fairly convincingly, then we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. I don’t want us EVER buying out of another game. We bought out the Army game and that was embarrassing enough.
Amen !!

If your score prediction holds then that’s pathetic.

Reactions: VolFanatic27

VN Store

Back