Nico’s eligibility?

DarkVolder

Come on over to the dark side
Are we going to lose Nico now due to this investigation? Have a bad feeling from what I’ve been reading that we would be repeat offenders and the NCAA will hammer us good this time.

Are we going to lose Nico now due to this investigation? Have a bad feeling from what I’ve been reading that we would be repeat offenders and the NCAA will hammer us good this time.
Nico did nothing wrong. It's not the responsibility of a recruit to know who is acting within the rules and who isn't.

The NCAA historically has rarely punished players even when they were clearly guilty of taking money. They punish players when they commit criminal issues, not rules infractions.... with very few exceptions.

UT would not buck the NCAA without SEC approval. We’ll fight this, and try to limit the damage, but unless we have other schools willing to join us in thumbing our nose at the NCAA, we won’t.

UF and FSU absolutely will be fighting it as they have the same investigation reportedly going on. USC will be likely be involved too with Jordan Addison. As will Ohio State with Ewers. And probably A&M with many of that 2022 class.

I really don't see how the NCAA has a leg to stand on here.

Last edited:
UF and FSU absolutely will be fighting it they have the same investigation reportedly going on. USC will be involved too with Jordan Addison. As will Ohio State with Ewers. And probably A&M with many of that 2022 class.

I really don't see how the NCAA has a leg to stand on here.
Doesn’t this stuff kind of fall under California state law? I mean it’s talking about Nico’s NIL deal while he was in high school.

I’m coming to Neyland regardless.
I’m tired of the NCAA, been tired of them. They’re ridiculously inconsistent with the investigations and the punishments they dole out.
I watch Tennessee Football because I love it and the University and the area. If I didn’t live 3 hours away, I’d be at every game.
There will be young men on that field running through the T and giving their all for Tennessee, and I will be there as often as possible, cheering them on.
I feel the NCAA and ESPN and all these cockwombles who work for them are equally worthless. They are not worth my time.
Go Vols

Last edited:
Yes. We would. In 8 years, after they finish their investigation, and half of them are dead from old age, and they figure out what to do about Michigan, lsu, Kansas, unc, auburn, and so on, they'll release a statement informing us nico can't play at tennessee anymore after he's won his second super bowl with the Miami dolphins. So yes.

Nico should file a suit in California and in Tennessee. This guy has a contract for employment with a private corporation. It's not even fair to call it gray area in the cluster **** college football is right now with how all parties should navigate if there are no concrete rules.

If folks are saying you have to opporate under the old rules when all of this was "illegal", those old rules were invalidated by the Supreme Court's ruling on NIL. The old rules violate constitutional rights......

VN Store

Back